2022 FIFA World Cup [Sun, 20 Nov 2022 – Sun, 18 Dec 2022]

Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

How long is his contract for at PSG? Was curious if he would ever make the transfer to La Liga or the EPL. Im assuming the league PSG competes in isnt on the same tier as the EPL or La Liga. Could easily be wrong.

Hes already like a goal short to pass or tie Messi with the most WC goals and hes what, 23? Crazy stuff man.

Im happy Messi won it, id rather see him win it over CR7. But am i crazy in thinking Mbappe can overtake Messi as the GOAT status?

Yes, he's got absolutely no chance, he just doesn't have Messi's all-round game. He's an incredible athlete and a lethal finisher but prime Messi has all of that (not the same speed of course but excellent athleticism nonetheless), as well as a level of vision, dribbling and passing ability that perhaps only Maradona can rival. 

Edited by ChillerBee
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

MLS is where it is at. Messi is gonna play for Miami next year.

Where can you watch MLS games? Idk i think it would be cool to find a team overseas and root for them. I found myself doing research about Newcastle after they got brought up in a chat once or twice.

29 minutes ago, ChillerBee said:

Yes, he's got absolutely no chance, he just doesn't have Messi's all-round game. He's an incredible athlete and a lethal finisher but prime Messi has all of that (not the same speed of course but excellent athleticism nonetheless), as well as a level of vision, dribbling and passing ability that perhaps only Maradona can rival. 

Think Messi at his best was definitely better player, and Mbappe will have to do it in a better league to really be compared. I think once his speed goes he could fade much harder than Ronaldo or Messi. To adapt and be elite for as long as they were is pretty rare

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Where can you watch MLS games? Idk i think it would be cool to find a team overseas and root for them. I found myself doing research about Newcastle after they got brought up in a chat once or twice.

Apple just bought all the rights to MLS, so every single game will be streamed by them. You buy a season pass for like $99 and get every game. Some games will be free on Apple, and some will be broadcast by Fox, but mostly on the special Apple subscription

7 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Apple just bought all the rights to MLS, so every single game will be streamed by them. You buy a season pass for like $99 and get every game. Some games will be free on Apple, and some will be broadcast by Fox, but mostly on the special Apple subscription

Ahh thats right i remember you mentioning how Apple will be getting games now. I just completely forgot, obviously.

Edited by mattyice0401

Can’t believe Argentina are champs. It’s a dream come true.. truly. Anyone that wants to say they didn’t deserve to be there and were handed this cup by FIFA have no idea what they’re talking about. It’s not their fault they get fouled lol todays was a clear call. The croatia one was a clear call. Stop crying. I agree the Poland one was iffy. But there’s been other calls that have been terrible in many non Argentina games. Regardless, Argentina dominated the game today. They almost fell apart but France was also awarded TWO penalties. It was an unbelievable game and I suffered a lot lol but they did it. France had their chance at the end of OT and penalties. Respect to them, but to me, the better team won today. France will be back. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Are his numbers anything like CR7 or Messi or no? Man i really wanna get into soccer but idk where i could watch the EPL or La Liga games.

I guess im too ignorant to truly understand how great Messi and Ronaldo were and have been. Like i dont truly understand how well theyve performed at club team and individual success like you said.

His numbers aren’t where CR7 or Messi’s are, but he’s still only 23. He’s doing it in (probably) the 5th best league in the world, whereas Messi and Ronaldo were primarily in the 2nd best (arguably best for portions). 

I’d follow the premier league if I were you. It’s by far the best league in the world right now and is unlikely to change in the near future due to TV deals, and is the most accessible to us Americans. You can watch it on USA Network or Peacock. I’d watch a bunch of games and pick a team that resonates with you. For me it was Arsenal in the mid to late 00s when they were playing free flowing attacking and that’s what I like. Some people like grittier teams, others like direct counter attacking teams, etc. Dont just go by league position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

His numbers aren’t where CR7 or Messi’s are, but he’s still only 23. He’s doing it in (probably) the 5th best league in the world, whereas Messi and Ronaldo were primarily in the 2nd best (arguably best for portions). 

I’d follow the premier league if I were you. It’s by far the best league in the world right now and is unlikely to change in the near future due to TV deals, and is the most accessible to us Americans. You can watch it on USA Network or Peacock. I’d watch a bunch of games and pick a team that resonates with you. For me it was Arsenal in the mid to late 00s when they were playing free flowing attacking and that’s what I like. Some people like grittier teams, others like direct counter attacking teams, etc. Dont just go by league position.

Right now im leaning towards Newcastle for no real reasons. I dont know much about them or their team other then them just being bought by a Saudi investment team and i kinda dig their logo, the sea horses with the castle ontop with a lion holding a flag is pretty cool to me. No idea if theyre any good or what kind of game they play though. I'll haver to get Peacock to watch some game.

How would you rank the leagues in the world?

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Right now im leaning towards Newcastle for no real reasons. I dont know much about them or their team other then them just being bought by a Saudi investment team and i kinda dig their logo, the sea horses with the castle ontop with a lion holding a flag is pretty cool to me. No idea if theyre any good or what kind of game they play though. I'll haver to get Peacock to watch some game.

How would you rank the leagues in the world?

Newcastle made a big jump after getting Howe and Bruno Guimaraes, and with their wealth will likely be challenging for titles within a few years with City.

As far as rankings, probably:

1. EPL

2. La Liga (Spain)

3. Bundesliga (Germany)

4. Serie A (Italy)

5. Ligue 1 (France)

2-4 could change from season to season, but I don’t see any eclipsing EPL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Newcastle made a big jump after getting Howe and Bruno Guimaraes, and with their wealth will likely be challenging for titles within a few years with City.

As far as rankings, probably:

1. EPL

2. La Liga (Spain)

3. Bundesliga (Germany)

4. Serie A (Italy)

5. Ligue 1 (France)

2-4 could change from season to season, but I don’t see any eclipsing EPL.

Is Bruno Guimaraes any good?

• 3 weeks later...