Week 11 GDT: Bills @ Chargers- Savior Peterman Edition

Kmart128

21 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

I'd bet it would cost us 2 1st rounders and then some if we wanted Rosen. I'd be OK with that. Between Darnold and Rosen, Rosen seemed to have the most composure by far. It's not like I don't think Darnold has arm talent, but he looked like he was playing panicked that whole game. Rosen was under pressure too, but he seemed to deal with it way better. It also looked like he had a noticeably quicker release, whereas Darnold looked like he wound up. I honestly thought Mayfield looked better than Darnold and I don't even feel comfortable going after Mayfield due to his childish behavior vs. Kansas. Give me Rosen and I'll be very, very happy!

Oh absolutely it would cost more than two firsts i was just saying if we could trade both we have this year or one this year and one next

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I absolutely do not want to trade multiple firsts just to land a QB.

We're in the same spot, we don't have any talent and that rookie shouldn't play regardless. We are very, very much in need of talent before we sell the farm for a QB and hope we get lucky and he can carry a dumpster fire.

I understand this, but also if one of these guys is legit the ashewer then idgf. Go get him. We’ve had all the pieces and no Qb before, I’d rather get a true franchise QB and then build from there. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Oh absolutely it would cost more than two firsts i was just saying if we could trade both we have this year or one this year and one next

I'd think that would depend on how far up we had to move. It's probably just too early to speculate on this question, but after the season when we have an idea when we will be picking we'll get a better idea.

Here's the picks we do have at the moment:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/how_many_2018_draft_picks_do_buffalo_bills_have_after_kelvin_benjamin_trade.html

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I absolutely do not want to trade multiple firsts just to land a QB.

We're in the same spot, we don't have any talent and that rookie shouldn't play regardless. We are very, very much in need of talent before we sell the farm for a QB and hope we get lucky and he can carry a dumpster fire.

I agree we have a ton of needs and normally I cannot stand trading up, in fact, I prefer trading down! It's obvious that we haven't been able to land a true franchise QB staying put, ignoring it, or by trading back, though. I've come to the conclusion that to get a quality player at this position, we have to go all in. I'm also pretty sure we have so many needs that it will take us 2 drafts or off-seasons to sufficiently re-stock/upgrade our team. We finally have the ammo this year, so I think we should use it.

Archived