Garrett Bolles (leg fracture) & Ronald Darby (ACL) out for season

Broncofan

It's being discussed ad nauseum in the Week 5 GDT but figured it should live on its own.

Since we can save 10M by cutting Darby, he's a goner IMO without a massive pay cut.    Post-ACL recoveries take 18 months to get the full explosion / burst / change in direction skills back.  You can definitely return and play at 10+ months, but you're not the same in those areas.   Unless you're Jerry Rice or AP, being 90 percent in those areas creates a drop in football level success in Year 1 (Rice and AP were likely both 90 percent in those areas in year 1, but 90 percent GOAT = still elite).   We saw it for sure last year with Courtland Sutton.   

So unless he's willing to take a massive pay cut, Darby's likely done with us.   Truly unfortunate.

Bolles' fracture should be uncomplicated and assuming that, no reason he won't be 100 percent next year.   He's not an elite LT and his play shows that this year, but obv we'll miss him unless Calvin Anderson has been playing possum (which given he couldn't beat our Cameron Fleming for RT, I highly doubt).   He'll be back with us next year.

Ugh though.

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

If I’m George I fire the head trainer tomorrow. 

To be fair, you can't blame a fractured leg or an ACL on trainers.  Those are freak play and cumulative-stress +/- freak play injuries.

The soft tissue injuries, though - that's all on trainers and stretching/conditioning (or lack thereof).   Doesn't really apply here.  There are a lot of injuries we've had that do raise this Q.   Just Bolles & Darby don't really apply.

Just now, Broncofan said:

To be fair, you can't blame a fractured leg or an ACL on trainers.  Those are freak play and cumulative-stress +/- freak play injuries.

The soft tissue injuries, though - that's all on trainers and stretching/conditioning (or lack thereof).   Doesn't really apply here.  There are a lot of injuries we've had that do raise this Q.   Just Bolles & Darby don't really apply.

It’s just something I say when I’m mad at the team. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

This is as bad as it’s felt to root for this team since that 2017 losing streak. Probably worse because of the expectations and no 1st round to look forward to.

Everything is bad. 

Oh that’s it 10000%.

After years of misery we thought this year would at least be something worthwhile. I don’t think intelligent, informed fans like us expected the Super Bowl but, come on, at least a playoff spot. For this to crash and burn as badly as it has is worse than the last 6 years. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Oh that’s it 10000%.

After years of misery we thought this year would at least be something worthwhile. I don’t think intelligent, informed fans like us expected the Super Bowl but, come on, at least a playoff spot. For this to crash and burn as badly as it has is worse than the last 6 years. 

The worst part is how much we gave up for Russell Wilson. I was super excited along with everybody else, but as it ends up, Seattle fans appear to have been totally correct. He’s a shell of himself. We mortgaged 2 years worth of draft capital for a man who has been thoroughly outplayed by Geno Smith. 

On 10/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Oh that’s it 10000%.

I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I still see this offense coming together and starting to make things happen that lead us positively into next year. Yes, that is hopeful thinking but with all the talent we have I can vision it.

I will be shocked if there is no substantial progress and the offense continues to looks anemic at the end of the year. That would be the 10000% scenario.