Aaron Rodgers Appreciation 2.0

incognito_man

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

While every dollar you earn is fully guaranteed. Do believe his net worth is in the $150 Million range and he's married to a 30 year old swimsuit model that every man on Earth wanted at some point. Justin Verlander is every man.

Verlander for sure. Add in that there’s no real long term health risks like there are in football other than a bum arm.

Rodgers has a strong arm and like someone said will die with a stronger arm than Brees and Brady have at the end of their careers, Favre’s arm was for sure stronger. The guy just threw every pass as hard as he could, broke multiple fingers and could throw 60 yards off his back foot (maybe not really, but close enough). If Rodgers just relaxed a little bit more with the young guys, trusted them and wasn’t so afraid to throw a couple more INT he’d be the best QB of all time. Obviously he isn’t changing now. But like incog said at the start though, with how bad Russ has been it does make you appreciate Rodgers more. Rodgers may be a d bag, but Russ is an under appreciated d bag himself. Rodgers can be funny at times too, and has good taste in tv shows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

Verlander for sure. Add in that there’s no real long term health risks like there are in football other than a bum arm.

Rodgers has a strong arm and like someone said will die with a stronger arm than Brees and Brady have at the end of their careers, Favre’s arm was for sure stronger. The guy just threw every pass as hard as he could, broke multiple fingers and could throw 60 yards off his back foot (maybe not really, but close enough). If Rodgers just relaxed a little bit more with the young guys, trusted them and wasn’t so afraid to throw a couple more INT he’d be the best QB of all time. Obviously he isn’t changing now. But like incog said at the start though, with how bad Russ has been it does make you appreciate Rodgers more. Rodgers may be a d bag, but Russ is an under appreciated d bag himself. Rodgers can be funny at times too, and has good taste in tv shows.

Just watched the McAfee show. I think he trusts them: he made an interesting break down of Doubs almost TD. But it will take time precisely because they are learning and are not fully trustworthy. They definitely have a two to three year learning curve, and perhaps the biggest take away I have is that Rodgers is LOOKING forward to playing with the two rookies the next year or two as they develop -- that's how I am reading his comments at least. It's not an empty WR room after Adams left. AR also keeps talking up Watson. So, Doubs and Watson per Rodgers will both be studs. And I remember him saying very early on (I think his rookie season) that Adams was going to be a superstar. 

As to not throwing INT's, it's worked for him and gotten him where he is. That would be a coaching decision. But his low INT rate is as important as his high TD rate. I'm just enjoying his final games in GB. He has the best overall throw arm, decision-making, cool under pressure, etc combination in the history of the game. Other top QB's have their own qualities that put them at the top, but it's hard to compare different abilities and strengths at that position imo. We are lucky to have him so many years, and I'm just enjoying this year without thinking about playoffs (since there is so much luck and disappointment involved in that).

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I was inspired to start this again after some recent exposure to Russell Wilson which makes me appreciate everything about Aaron Rodgers. Full stop.

------------------------------------------

I wonder if Watson and/or Doubs hit if that will extend Rodgers career. Might be hard to hang em up if you got two weapons that will keep growing for the next 6ish years.

Yes. A thousand times. We are so lucky to have AR. I've always been on the AR band wagon. It could be so much worse, so many ways.

(and to my mind our playoff losses are 100% the line play, offensive and/or defensive: that's how championships are won/lost for the most part. AR has always lifted this team beyond where they should be. Remember last year it was special teams but ALSO importantly three of our season's starting linemen were out and we had lost Linsley to the Chargers and had a rookie center. That was the roughest oline I can remember in 25 plus years. I've noticed how AR has adjusted his throw time when the OL is overmatched. This year again it will come down to line play and health.)

Edited by JaireAlex

14 hours ago, Refugee said:

Matty Flynn for me. Won NCAA championship. Married the beauty queen/actress sweetheart. In his stint with the Pack wins a SB ring, sets a franchise record for TDs in one game. Parlays said game into millions only to sit the pine for some kid named Wilson. After destroying the entire Seahawks lockeroom in ping pong and cashing his checks, comes back to help the Pack in a time of need, beats Dallas helping to set up Rodgers so he can rip the Bears heart out in a final game to decide the North. Ride off into the sunset. The end. 

People Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

I'm sure it has happened, and not that long ago, but when's the last time Rodgers has made a play that scored a TD that won a game, or tied it?

Like...when that moment was happening, I did not feel like we were good enough at head coach to have a true red zone play that we believed in.

I knew out QB was not going to use his legs to score a TD.  (Okay, maybe it was the Chicago "I still own you." moment)

And given Rodger's look on 3rd down....well, I knew what was coming.

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm sure it has happened, and not that long ago, but when's the last time Rodgers has made a play that scored a TD that won a game, or tied it?

Like...when that moment was happening, I did not feel like we were good enough at head coach to have a true red zone play that we believed in.

I knew out QB was not going to use his legs to score a TD.  (Okay, maybe it was the Chicago "I still own you." moment)

And given Rodger's look on 3rd down....well, I knew what was coming.

TD pass? The throw to Adams @ the Jets in OT in 2018.

There have been a few good drives to set up the field goal since then. The most memorable probably being the one vs. the 49ers last year in the regular season.