Week 5: Cowboys @ Rams

LeotheLion

9 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

There's too many issues with this team. Hoping we don't do any trades. Accept that this team is not a contender and rebuild through the draft. 

Yeah.. this team isn’t even making the playoffs. Healthy Oline or not, this team is just bad. Mcvay has turned into a bottom 5 coach in the league. We’re about to lose to a backup quarterback. 30 yards of offense in the second half lmaooo 

I know the OL is basically practice squad level guys, but Mcvay needs to be called out. If he can't adjust on the fly to a weak OL or his original gameplan not working, he shouldn't be calling the plays. 

I still think AR could be a great weapon, but it's clear Mcvay and Stafford don't know how to use him. He's never been a separator, and instead of scheming ways to get him the ball, Mcvay works on everoyne else (including a billion TE screens). We should try to trade him either for an OL or for pieces to get an OL with. 

Stafford NEEDS to stop locking onto Kupp. Everyone knows it's coming, and we can't be that one dimensional. 

The running game should be a 50/50 split at worst. Akers is missing huge holes that Hendo would hit. DH isn't some elite RB, but he would do more for the offense than Akers is. 

Defense is fine, but they should be working tackling drills all week.

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Yeah.. this team isn’t even making the playoffs. Healthy Oline or not, this team is just bad. Mcvay has turned into a bottom 5 coach in the league. We’re about to lose to a backup quarterback. 30 yards of offense in the second half lmaooo 

Let me bring some sanity onto this forum. Right now its raw emotions rather than the real outlook. This team in particular on offense is banged up. The OL is on its backup backups. Noteboom is playing on a bad knee what I believe I heard. The Rams played two of the top 3 pass rushing teams back to back in the Niners and Cowboys. Not only that the Rams dont have a consistent deep threat. Tutu did flash but the Rams need Van back and most importantly next month OBJ need to be resigned and back on the field. My feeling is if the Rams can stay within striking distance being 1 game back in the NFCW and 1 game back of the 7th seed when the Rams start to get healthy they will be fine.

Even in the 2019 season when the Rams missed the playoffs and they had a ton of injuries they still shouldve made the playoffs. They missed it by 1 game bc Zeurlein missed a GW FG in Seattle. Then the Rams gave up two 3rd and 15+ on the final drive in San Fran which allowed Jimmy G to march down the field and Gould to kick the GW FG. Had the Rams won either game they wouldve made the playoffs during that season. I still believe in this team bc I believe in the coach, the talent, and I still believe in Stafford.

Now if you are telling me the Rams arent getting their guys back then thats a different story. If you are telling me teams are going to run away and hide in the NFC then that would be a different story. The Packers dont look good and do you really think the Giants are going to sustain this? Like thats the Rams competition for the 6th and 7th seeds. We already beat the Cards and the Saints dont look good either. They have their own issues on the field and with injuries. So the Rams will make the playoffs it just comes down to getting healthy and figuring things out. We talked about the BYE being too early well I think the way this season has shaped out so far the BYE cant come at a perfect time.

• Like 1

I thought just like in the Niners game today the Rams had their chances but couldnt do anything with them. They had the ball with a chance to score a TD after that Tutu big catch. They instead had to settle for a FG. Another chance they had that was setup by a Powell nice punt return. Again they had to settle for a FG. Then Gay missed a 51yd FG. I felt like they was chasing that defensive score all game long and couldnt quite overcome it. Although they did briefly took that lead after Kupp big TD catch and run.

I thought the running game had its chances too but Akers didnt hit some of the holes that was there. Powell had a big hole but slipped so he couldnt take advantage of it. Im not putting the turnovers today on Stafford. Two of them was bc the OL couldnt protect and got him smashed and the other one was due to the pressure and Stafford was just trying to make a play late in the game with the Rams needing to get a TD to keep their hopes alive.

The most frustrating thing to me in this game was the defense held Dallas offense to 16pts. 6 from that long TD run by Pollard and 3 from that punt block that set them up on a short field for a FG. Yes the Rams run defense wasnt good today but they did enough to give the offense a chance and all the offense had to do is be Tampa which we know so far Tampa offense hasnt been great but they have done enough. All the Rams offense had to do is enough and they couldve won today but they didnt. Thats the frustrating part to me.

The ultimate test comes next week against the Panthers. The Panthers defense is more than solid. They are really good. The offense is CMC and bust. I dont trust Baker at all. The coach is more than likely on the hot seat. The Rams have to win this game. If they win this game they are (3-3) heading into the BYE with something to feel good about. Then go get healthy and work on the things they didnt do right as they head into a big 4 game stretch of SF, TB, Ari, and KC where they at worst can be (2-2) but maybe (3-1) just depend on if they can finally beat the Niners in a regular season game lol.

Can't call 5-7 step drops with this iOL.

If the iOL is this bad in pass pro, they need to get push in the run game.

RUN THE BALL WITH HENDO. HE HAD 0 CARRIES (minus one called back from a flag).

Stafford aint right. No other way for me to explain it.

We need McVay to get creative with our inefficiencies. Defense minus one play held their end of the bargain. Hope he doesnt need an entire season reality check, but it's shaping up to the be that. We might not make the playoffs if this continues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not putting the turnovers today on Stafford. 

Lol. Come on, the strip sack is 100% on Stafford. He saw it coming and didn't protect the ball. The OL was horrible on the play but he can't compound the problem by fumbling.

I said before the game, Stafford has to play clean and he gifted the other team 6 on the first drive. With our struggling offense we absolutely cannot do that. He's obviously not most responsible for this loss because the offensive line was pitiful but he has to wear a lot of it. 

35 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Lol. Come on, the strip sack is 100% on Stafford. He saw it coming and didn't protect the ball. The OL was horrible on the play but he can't compound the problem by fumbling.

I said before the game, Stafford has to play clean and he gifted the other team 6 on the first drive. With our struggling offense we absolutely cannot do that. He's obviously not most responsible for this loss because the offensive line was pitiful but he has to wear a lot of it. 

When I said I wasnt putting the turnovers on Stafford I was meaning that its not like he had good to great protection today and still turned the ball over. He was harassed from the start and was taking some vicious hits. Yes he shouldve taken care of the ball on that one but the way he was getting hit I felt he was bound to fumble eventually. it just happened on the first possession. Then it happened on the final possession.

The crazy thing to me is how on defense the ball isnt bouncing the Rams way. They forced Rush to fumble but it was recovered by the Cowboys. Last week the Rams shouldve had a pick but the defender didnt get the ball Deebo caught it and took it for a TD. Like the ball just arent bouncing the Rams way and of course its going against the Rams on offense. We need takeaways period. Idc how we get them bc we wont win many games by losing the turnover battle.

Yes I dont like turning the ball over but a turnover or two isnt the end of the world. Stafford led the NFL last season in interceptions and pick 6's and still won the Superbowl. Two years ago Brady had multiple pick 6 games and was tied for 3rd most when it came to interceptions and he still won the Superbowl. So I can live with a turnover or two as long as I know the team is being aggressive but also the defense has to get takeaways themselves to even things out. Rams arent doing that on defense and thats concerning.  Im just hoping the saying of "turnovers come in bunches" is true and the Rams can find away to start getting turnovers in bunches. The first three games they were taking the ball away alot. These last two games no turnovers. That has to change or else Rams wont be all that successful no matter how Stafford or this offense looks.