Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I would say the same if Gutey had added a competent 3rd EDGE guy this off-season. Instead, he went with the "hope and pray" solution of Garvin and Enagbare and it's going just as expected: That duo has 1 pressure through 5 games in 64 rush snaps. 

There's a good argument that Gary is the No. 2 most important player on this team. As currently constructed, EDGE is a position where we cannot afford any injuries to the top 2 guys, especially him. 

There's probably a good argument for Gary at #1 actually.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This is more and more looking like a lost rookie season for Watson. 

I was expecting us to take George Pickens with that pick. Wasn't too happy with Watson. Elite Athlete but ok? Pickens was my favorite WR in that draft. He's already had some of the best catches of the year. Him and Doubs would have been insane.

5 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I was expecting us to take George Pickens with that pick. Wasn't too happy with Watson. Elite Athlete but ok? Pickens was my favorite WR in that draft. He's already had some of the best catches of the year. Him and Doubs would have been insane.

Pickens isn't "Packer people" otherwise he'd be a Packer right now. 

My guy was Alec Pierce. He's starting to come on for Indy. Knowing Gute, I get the appeal for a guy like Watson, he's a freak, just have to be patient I guess. 

So far, the bigger gaffe (albeit just 5 games in) appears to be taking Wyatt over Karlaftis. I know Karlaftis only has .5 sacks on the year but has decent pressure stats as far as I know. Plus he's 21. Just never fathomed a possibility we would pass on a guy like him versus a 24-year old Wyatt. Unless something changes here pretty soon, I don't see Wyatt doing much of anything this season...he barely even plays. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

My guy was Alec Pierce. He's starting to come on for Indy. Knowing Gute, I get the appeal for a guy like Watson, he's a freak, just have to be patient I guess. 

So far, the bigger gaffe (albeit just 5 games in) appears to be taking Wyatt over Karlaftis. I know Karlaftis only has .5 sacks on the year but has decent pressure stats as far as I know. Plus he's 21. Just never fathomed a possibility we would pass on a guy like him versus a 24-year old Wyatt. Unless something changes here pretty soon, I don't see Wyatt doing much of anything this season...he barely even plays. 

I was happy with the Wyatt pick but yeah him not playing much is kind of weird to me.

Just now, GHARMON9 said:

I was happy with the Wyatt pick but yeah him not playing much is kind of weird to me.

I actually didn't mind the pick either, it just more so "shocked" me given the age disparities between the players. Both are good athletes for their respective positions. I had Wyatt completely off my board given Gute's tendencies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Karlaftis at 22 and Pickens at 28, Pierce at 53 and Abe Lucas at 59. Would've been nice. Probably the FF Pack board consensus too unfortunately lol. That's how it goes

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Karlaftis at 22 and Pickens at 28, Pierce at 53 and Abe Lucas at 59. Would've been nice. Probably the FF Pack board consensus too unfortunately lol. That's how it goes

Walker-Karlaftis-Pierce-Drake Jackson

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Sounds like coach is worried about Gary.  Not good if he's out 3-5 weeks

“I don’t know the extent of it, we’ll see if he can go practice today,” LaFleur said Friday. “Definitely a little concerned about that.”

Gary was limited at practice.