BDL 2022 Week 5 - Cancun Kaiju @ Death Valley Nightmare

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2022 at 04:00 AM

44 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I'm going with DV. Had Cancun not avoided going straight up the guy I would have had to think more but I feel he is avoiding what DV chose to make his weakness this week in order to strengthen other aspects.

All those Mexicans crashing the away game, making it their own, aren't enough.

How exactly is running directly at Calais Campbell, Javon Hargrave, and Cam Heyward a better tactic than forcing defensive backs to tackle Aaron Jones in space?

I would like to know because I do not understand the reasoning there.

Edited by Blue

The 2nd level was there to be exploited. He expected you to avoid his middle and you did. He should be able to do well enough to slow you down outside and in the pass game but had you not completely avoided the middle he would have had too much on his plate. He took a huge risk and it paid off. Not your fault really; he gamed you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

The 2nd level was there to be exploited. He expected you to avoid his middle and you did. He should be able to do well enough to slow you down outside and in the pass game but had you not completely avoided the middle he would have had too much on his plate. He took a huge risk and it paid off. Not your fault really; he gamed you.

How is he slowing down my run game on the outside with one or two linebackers on the field? Every offensive line in the league would kill to block defensive backs every down.

Edit: Also, as far as "completely avoiding the middle":

Stevenson will look to get around a dozen carries mainly between the guard-tackle on either side of the line.

Unless you're saying the middle only counts if it's directly behind the center, that's not true.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

How is he slowing down my run game on the outside with one or two linebackers on the field? Every offensive line in the league would kill to block defensive backs every down.

Unless you're saying the middle only counts if it's directly behind the center, that's not true.

Not arguing your point. I assumed this comment despite you being on my ignore list was a response to Joe here so I decided to look at it and responded to it.

I agree you didn't completely avoid the middle I do think that that my defense of lying and lying backer in the middle running up the middle would be able to handle that but that's not for me to decide.

Running to the outside I'd still have a linebacker obviously not arguing your point though but also Holland is helping and run support. Now againThat's not for me to decide as far as that and and the corners engaging to help the running game be limited is enough. I'm simply acknowledging what you're saying, explaining my side excited with some clarity.

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

Running through the B gap is absolutely still running up the middle. Also 12 rushes is between 33% to 50% of most teams rushing attempts. I’m just stating the facts here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Running through the B gap is absolutely still running up the middle. Also 12 rushes is between 33% to 50% of most teams rushing attempts. I’m just stating the facts here. 

Personally I view anything that is inside the tackle, A inside run a run up the middle. Whether people agree without or not doesn't matter to me, If you are not running to the right side of the right tackle or the left side of the left tackle to me that is an inside run.

So with that said I agree it's simply stating a fact that they are absolutely running up the middle at times.

This is neither here nor there but I would like to apologize for all the typos. I read my own game plan and my brain hurts. I apologize for all the spelling errors I thought that I went through it and fixed them I clearly did not. I will make sure I do that in the future.

Also there is a statement in my defensive gameplan about engaging engaging players immediately immediately when targeted or the ball carriers whatever, Based on that I'm sure you can figure out what I'm talking about if you read the game plans. Not swaying anything here I'm just simply stating that this was meant to be kind of my explanation for chin for throws to the flat and underneath et cetera, Whether people feel like I explained that enough that's for them to decide I'm simply saying that was my intent. Again I'm just stating for clarity I'm not trying to sway anybody

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not arguing your point. I assumed this comment despite you being on my ignore list was a response to Joe here so I decided to look at it and responded to it.

I agree you didn't completely avoid the middle I do think that that my defense of lying and lying backer in the middle running up the middle would be able to handle that but that's not for me to decide.

Running to the outside I'd still have a linebacker obviously not arguing your point though but also Holland is helping and run support. Now againThat's not for me to decide as far as that and and the corners engaging to help the running game be limited is enough. I'm simply acknowledging what you're saying, explaining my side excited with some clarity.

I mean yeah, I'm not saying he's got open field for days, but I'd love to get primarily defensive backs trying to tackle Jones all game. If you've watched any Packers games this season, he's been eating teams up at the second level. And then you have what Rhamondre Stevenson did this week as a feature back. I really don't see how having more defensive backs on the field is an L for my run game.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean yeah, I'm not saying he's got open field for days, but I'd love to get primarily defensive backs trying to tackle Jones all game. If you've watched any Packers games this season, he's been eating teams up at the second level. And then you have what Rhamondre Stevenson did this week as a feature back. I really don't see how having more defensive backs on the field is an L for my run game.

I'm not sure that I said it was, So if that's what you're implying that's not what I said. What I did say is that I'm confident in my defense to be able to limit it. I personally feel there's a major difference there. I'm not arguing your point I'm just clarifying what I actually was trying to say. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Followed by

"We want to avoid going straight up the gut and instead attack the weaker edges of the defense. Stevenson and Jones are both among the league's best backs at breaking tackles and should be able to pick up plenty of yards after contact against DVN’s linebackers. As a result, DVN’s defensive front should be worn out early on from being forced to play sideline to sideline without a chance to rotate linemen between downs."

You aren't running a dozen times up the middle and call it insignificant. You also say you run and a bunch more on the sideline and also throwing it on first down all the time and then on other downs. With roughly 60 plays a game something has to give. Something or another is misleading in the gameplan to make everything else look better. It's like having a guy cover a guy man and QB every play. It can't happen. The math just doesn't add up for me and I had to choose how to look at it. I don't think anyone that ever voted against you ever got away with it quietly anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Followed by

"We want to avoid going straight up the gut and instead attack the weaker edges of the defense. Stevenson and Jones are both among the league's best backs at breaking tackles and should be able to pick up plenty of yards after contact against DVN’s linebackers. As a result, DVN’s defensive front should be worn out early on from being forced to play sideline to sideline without a chance to rotate linemen between downs."

You aren't running a dozen times up the middle and call it insignificant. You also say you run and a bunch more on the sideline and also throwing it on first down all the time and then on other downs. With roughly 60 plays a game something has to give. Something or another is misleading in the gameplan to make everything else look better. It's like having a guy cover a guy man and QB every play. It can't happen. The math just doesn't add up for me and I had to choose how to look at it. I don't think anyone that ever voted against you ever got away with it quietly anyway.

We don't have to be running it up the middle a dozen times. You said we completely avoided it. That's not true. I don't see anything in what you're quoting there that contradicts that.

If you say something that's demonstrably untrue, then yeah, you should expect me to say something about it.