BDL 2022 Week 5 - Anchorage Trappers @ Greenland Polar Bears

RedGold

Who Wins?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Anchorage Trappers
    • Greenland Polar Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2022 at 04:00 AM

9 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

So who do you suggest I play at qb...mariota lol.  Pickett is already 10 times better than him.

Who do you suggest I play at safety...no one (didn't we already have that discussion) lmao

Pickett just threw for over 300 yards against one of the best defenses in the nfl.  Id take Pickett over 80-90% of the QB's in the NFL right now, dude has one of the best arm talents to come into the NFL in years.  Give me Pickett in this league and the NFL over has been hacks like Rogers, Wilson, etc

Id take Woolen at safely over 90% of the safeties in the game right now 

Don't tell me I need to stop ******* around when it is literally my only ******* option to play those guys and actually a good one with a good gameplan to manage having to play those guys.  

Yes, Mariota would obviously be the better choice. He is clear a better player right now. It took Pickett 52 attempts to break 300 yards passing, he threw a pick and no scores, and he led the team to 3 points total. That’s after last week when he threw 3 interceptions and zero touchdowns.

You had the second-most cap in the league coming into FA and did next to nothing to address the safety position. If you don’t value the position, fine. But you don’t get to complain when other people point out you can’t even line up and play with a guy who has been at the position before.

Just now, Blue said:

Yes, Mariota would obviously be the better choice. He is clear a better player right now. It took Pickett 52 attempts to break 300 yards passing, he threw a pick and no scores, and he led the team to 3 points total. That’s after last week when he threw 3 interceptions and zero touchdowns.

You had the second-most cap in the league coming into FA and did next to nothing to address the safety position. If you don’t value the position, fine. But you don’t get to complain when other people point out you can’t even line up and play with a guy who has been at the position before.

To be fair should have been 9 points as there were two missed field goals I believe 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Pickett just threw for over 300 yards against one of the best defenses in the nfl.  Id take Pickett over 80-90% of the QB's in the NFL right now, dude has one of the best arm talents to come into the NFL in years.  Give me Pickett in this league and the NFL over has been hacks like Rogers, Wilson, etc

Pickett was like the 3rd best arm talent in his own draft class...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

14 for 25 for 140 yards against a much worst defense is far superior lmao

buzz-lightyear-no-sign-of-intelligent-li

Mariota has played pretty well this year and was down his top two skill players on Sunday against the 6th ranked defense in both yards and points. And he still almost won.

I understand why he had to start Woolen at safety this week with his lack of depth there but I don't think it'll go well. And also while I have high hopes for Pickett and think he has looked promising so far, I don't think he'll be able to keep up with this Anchorage offense.

I feel like just because the interior guys are a meat wall, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll have an easy day attacking the edges of Anchorage. I don't really see Chubb or Hubbard as weak run defenders. Maybe I'm wrong here.

I won't vote on this one yet.

This was actually a great matchup. I think Greenland has a super athletic defense and is one of only a handful that can give Anchorage a test. I also respect the fact that Greenland can't be bothered to spell Marshon correctly even though it's been pointed out, or their own name at the very top of their game plan. 

I think all the videos and clips are a clear distraction from what we're seeing here, which is a team that IMO won't be able to run the ball as easily as they think they can and therefor are going to have to rely on Kenny Pickett. I think Saqoun has an OK day, which Anchorage is ok with an OK day, and Kenny's gonna have to win the game himself. 

I think ultimately the mixing zones Anchorage is sending mixed with the Werewolf known as Micah Parsons on extra blitzes causes and issue for the young QB and Anchorage takes it.

• Like 2