GB offense issues

squire12

1 minute ago, GHARMON9 said:

Defense hasn't been perfect, but its top 10 even after today statistically. 

I do not agree with the majority of the forum thinking the defense is the problem.

If your stance is based on capital investment 100%, I get the return isnt good for the amount of 1st RP used.

But our offense is much objectively worse.

I feel like I'm in the matrix.

What 4x MVP, 50M dollar QB gets this many excuses?

Averaging 19 PPG . Literally a bottom 10 offense.

Giving up 23 to Minnesota isnt even bad. Thats a good offense.

Held the Bears to 10.

Held the Bucs to 12.

Held the Patriots to 17. Rodgers threw a DISGUSTING PICK 6.

And we have one very dissapointing game versus an underrated 4-1 Giants team. They almost beat the Cowboys too.

I really dont see what majority of you guys are seeing.

I think the main issue with the offense vs defense is what was lost/returning/being re-incorporated into the main players

Offense lost Adams, MVS and is working through the return of Bahktiari, Jenkins, Tonyan

Defense is working back in Jaire and added Walker, Wyatt, Reed.   Adding pieces to the defense is generally an easier process especially in the front 7.  

Most seemed to feel that the offense would experience growing pains as the group finds an identity with the personnel changeover while the defense would need to carry the team during that time.   

Agree that it has done just that for the 3 game winning streak, but today was a big frustration in letting up a 17-3 lead in the mid 2nd quarter and a halftime lead of 20-10.

Football is a team game and each aspect of the game needs to be a + (or not a huge -) in order to win games.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Defense hasn't been perfect, but its top 10 even after today statistically. 

I do not agree with the majority of the forum thinking the defense is the problem.

If your stance is based on capital investment 100%, I get the return isnt good for the amount of 1st RP used.

But our offense is objectively much worse.

I feel like I'm in the matrix.

What 4x MVP, 50M dollar QB gets this many excuses?

Averaging 19 PPG . Literally a bottom 10 offense.

Giving up 23 to Minnesota isnt even bad. Thats a good offense.

Held the Bears to 10.

Held the Bucs to 12.

Held the Patriots to 17. Rodgers threw a DISGUSTING PICK 6.

And we have one very dissapointing game versus an underrated 4-1 Giants team. They almost beat the Cowboys too.

I really dont see what majority of you guys are seeing.

Our offense is absolutely worse than the defense through 5 weeks. I hope everyone recognizes that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Our offense is absolutely worse than the defense through 5 weeks. I hope everyone recognizes that.

Our defense is just as bad as our offense .. special teams is outplaying both.  Time for some coaches and players to get their heads out of their arses and get their crap together.  The defense plays way to soft with no aggressiveness.  The offense can't decide if they are a passing or running team.  Their coordinators can't seem to out scheme or adjust at half time.  Better get things figured out and soon.

• Like 2

The main problem is the same problem the Packers have had since Jordy tore his ACL- speed at receiver... The injuries' to Bakh and Jenkins have been huge problems as well, but the lack of speed at receiver has been the long term consistent issue. 

For some reason Gute is obsessed with slow receivers. The Packers have had the slowest receiving corp in the NFL for many years. It's mucked up the offense for a long, long time.

The Packers had one speed guy the previous four years. When he was out it was tough sledding. Losing him for the 9ers playoff game was a huge blow. Even though special teams, TEs and the OL were a disaster, I think the Packers win if MVS played.

Now the Packers have two active speed receivers with another inactive speed guy. Big improvement, but the two active speed guys availability has been a problem. A problem the Packers haven't been able to overcome because once again Gute just has to have so many slow receivers on the team.

Oh well. It is what it is. 😕

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I hope nobody comes to that conclusion.  It has been better in a few games and worse in a few games.

In this one, it was worse.  Probably a lot worse when the numbers are all in.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

The main problem is the same problem the Packers have had since Jordy tore his ACL- speed at receiver... The injuries' to Bakh and Jenkins have been huge problems as well, but the lack of speed at receiver has been the long term consistent issue. 

For some reason Gute is obsessed with slow receivers. The Packers have had the slowest receiving corp in the NFL for many years. It's mucked up the offense for a long, long time.

The Packers had one speed guy the previous four years. When he was out it was tough sledding. Losing him for the 9ers playoff game was a huge blow. Even though special teams, TEs and the OL were a disaster, I think the Packers win if MVS played.

Now the Packers have two active speed receivers with another inactive speed guy. Big improvement, but the two active speed guys availability has been a problem. A problem the Packers haven't been able to overcome because once again Gute just has to have so many slow receivers on the team.

Oh well. It is what it is. 😕

Yup!

May as well sign Will Fuller

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Just like the five playoff losses before last year and a couple of the wins.

FTFY.

Still, you're point is valid. The defense finally brings their A game in the playoffs only for special teams to have an all time breakdown, the TEs play as bad as the special teams and the OL to have their 2nd consecutive awful postseason game.... I felt bad for the D. They deserved better.

16 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Yup!

May as well sign Will Fuller

Or start playing Toure. Need to do something to make sure there's enough speed at WR.

I've already touched on this, but even with special teams, the TEs and OL breaking down against the 9ers last year. IF MVS was healthy, or God forbid, the Packers had another WR that could take the top off of defense, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the Packers would have beat the 9ers in January.

One thing you can say as a positive for the offense is the continued improvement of the offensive Line since week 1.  It's still not where it needs to be, and the right side is still having repeated problems, but Meyers and Bak are both playing very well!

The run blocking has gotten a LOT better too since the Vikings week.

Doubs has matured quicker than expected, Cobb has been serviceable in his role, and Lazard is basically doing what you would expect of him.  Watson needs some more burn, but I don't think he'll be phased in until after the bye.

19 hours ago, Donzo said:

Are we talking about the same Gute? the same one who is obsessed with high SPARQ and RAS type players?

Watson, Doubs, Toure are fast players.

He drafted MVS and EQ who were also fast.

Rodgers was fast enough until he packed on too much muscle and lost his speed. That's Rodgers fault not Gute's.

Lazard was an UDFA and at that point you cant be too picky who you sign as an UDFA, Despite his lack of speed Lazard just so happened to develop well enough into a starting WR -  that's not Gute fault either.

As far as TE go Tonyan is pretty quick.

I don't think speed is the issue, it's how we ulitilse them. Watson need to be used in traditional WR routes and be given opportunities to catch the ball. Give him confidence and the entire offence will open up.

Rodgers barely throws to Tonyan anymore. this was something I noticed last season before he got injured and it continued again this season.

We are trying to get faster on offence but unfortunately the quickest guys are not establishing themselves in the starting lineup. That's just unlucky.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Our defense is just as bad as our offense .. special teams is outplaying both.  Time for some coaches and players to get their heads out of their arses and get their crap together.  The defense plays way to soft with no aggressiveness.  The offense can't decide if they are a passing or running team.  Their coordinators can't seem to out scheme or adjust at half time.  Better get things figured out and soon.

As a follow up .. Packers seem to have a good special teams coach that has his teams playing well.  What a difference having a coach who knows what he's doing.  Maybe, just maybe .. another coach or two will pay attention how to utilize his players and scheme accordingly!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Donzo said:

Or start playing Toure. Need to do something to make sure there's enough speed at WR.

I've already touched on this, but even with special teams, the TEs and OL breaking down against the 9ers last year. IF MVS was healthy, or God forbid, the Packers had another WR that could take the top off of defense, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the Packers would have beat the 9ers in January.

This is what we get for record chasing for Adams in a meaningless week 18 game (MVS got hurt)