Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Dolphins (3-2)

swede700

Game 6

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&heat NFL_Dolphins_zps0c90d453.gif?width=320&h

When:  1:00 PM EST October 16th

Where: Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Gardens, FL)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2022/06-FOX.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: RB Alexander Mattison (shoulder), LB DJ Wonnum (illness), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Dolphins - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

We probably won't know who their starting QB is until hours before the game.

Would assume it’s Tua. Would think they’d have a pretty good feel for who Teddy is at this point. Can’t imagine they start anyone other than one of those two. 

They need a plan for Hill though, I’m expecting him to go off for 150+ yards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Would assume it’s Tua. Would think they’d have a pretty good feel for who Teddy is at this point. Can’t imagine they start anyone other than one of those two. 

They won't have a choice if neither one passes the concussion protocol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Well, Hill, while not apparently serious, did get stepped on, and could be slowed with a foot injury.  I would count on Tua not playing...I fully expect it will be Teddy.

I don't know what to expect this game.  I think the Vikings could certainly play well and win, but I also expect, after getting blown out by the Jets (and losing 2 in a row), the Dolphins are going to be pretty motivated to get back on track.

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Did he not actually have a concussion and they just took him out because of the new rules?

Peter King: "I still don’t know the real story of Miami quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s removal from the Dolphins’ game at the Jets after one offensive snap. In the irony of ironies, Bridgewater, Tagovailoa’s backup, was tackled hard on Miami’s first play and left the game for the locker room. He never returned. We were told the injury spotter in the press box saw in Bridgewater some ataxia; the QB was somehow unstable, per the spotter. In accord with the 20-hour-old NFL rule about motor instability—the rule that came into effect at 5 p.m. ET Saturday—Bridgewater was ruled out for the game. Maybe Bridgewater did stumble, but we never saw it. The Dolphins never saw it. CBS replays never showed it. ESPN reported he passed all concussion tests, but it didn’t matter. Bridgewater, after one snap, was finished."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/fmia-week-5-taysom-hill-giants-peter-king-fmia-week-5/

Skol Vikes baby!

This game will be a great test for our secondary. Hill and Waddle are a pair of fantastic WRs. This would be a good week to change up our defensive philosophy some how, giving Hill and Waddle a cushion is a recipe for disaster, because both are YAC monsters. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Peter King: "I still don’t know the real story of Miami quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s removal from the Dolphins’ game at the Jets after one offensive snap. In the irony of ironies, Bridgewater, Tagovailoa’s backup, was tackled hard on Miami’s first play and left the game for the locker room. He never returned. We were told the injury spotter in the press box saw in Bridgewater some ataxia; the QB was somehow unstable, per the spotter. In accord with the 20-hour-old NFL rule about motor instability—the rule that came into effect at 5 p.m. ET Saturday—Bridgewater was ruled out for the game. Maybe Bridgewater did stumble, but we never saw it. The Dolphins never saw it. CBS replays never showed it. ESPN reported he passed all concussion tests, but it didn’t matter. Bridgewater, after one snap, was finished."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/fmia-week-5-taysom-hill-giants-peter-king-fmia-week-5/

That seems like such a judgement call.  Players are going to have to stay on the ground for a bit to make sure they can hop straight up 

McDaniel was asked if Tagovailoa has been ruled out for the team’s Week Six game against the Vikings because of the concussion he suffered in the team’s Week Four loss to the Bengals. McDaniel didn’t rule Tagovailoa out and said the team is constantly re-evaluating how the quarterback is feeling before adding that he’s not ready to get on a field yet.

McDaniel: “He’s not ready to take the step to do some football stuff yet."

Teddy Bridgewater started in Tagovailoa’s place against the Jets on Sunday, but he was knocked out of the game after getting hit by Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner on Miami’s first offensive play. Bridgewater did not exhibit concussion symptoms, but was ruled out under the revised rules of the concussion protocol that were put in place after Tagovailoa’s injury. McDaniel said Bridgewater remains in the protocol on Monday.

McDaniel: “No symptoms today, no symptoms yesterday but, per the rule change, he’s being treated as if he has a concussion.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/tua-tagovailoa-not-ready-for-football-stuff-teddy-bridgewater-still-in-concussion-protocol/