Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Dolphins (3-2)

swede700

14 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

2 game lead in the division and all of the tie breakers. I wish it looked as good on the field as it does in the standings, but it’s better than losing all of these games last year. It’s the small things again - no bad penalties, no real bonehead mistakes.

yes, and also the players have bought in to each other and the coaches. and we're healthy.

so, can only get better, presumably.

34 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I have been a fan since 1968.  Heartache is just a part of the package.  But, what a day it will be when the Lombardi comes to stay in Minnesota!!!

Indeed, will be a special day and result in a 7 day drinking spree for me and many others over here. We have a good following over here, only behind the "succesful" teams like the Patriots and those who shall not be named

• Like 3

Vikings edge Za'Darius Smith totaled 10 QB pressures, which tied the most pressures in a game for Smith since 2016, and two sacks on 40 pass rushes.

Adam Thielen's touchdown was the 51st of his career, passing Wes Welker (50) for the third-most by an undrafted player in the common draft era. Only Antonio Gates (116) and Rod Smith (68) have more.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-6-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

Patrick Jones was going to have an opportunity to contribute significantly with D.J. Wonnum out with an illness.

O'Connell: "He had a look in his eye this whole trip,.  It's hard to explain, but I remember seeing him last night and came down in the elevator with him today at the hotel. He was a man on a mission."

Jones: "You know it's time to go out there and eat. It's game time. It was my turn to go out there and step it up."

https://www.vikings.com/news/pat-jones-danielle-hunter-zadarius-smith-edge-department-impact-week-6

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Thielen’s 51st receiving touchdown also gives him sole 4th place in franchise history for touchdown receptions. He needs two more in order to pass Anthony Carter. He won’t catch Cris Carter or Moss. 

He's pretty close in a lot of team records I thought?