Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Dolphins (3-2)

swede700

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I was just listening to O'Connell's Monday presser, and he iterated pretty much that...the defenses they've played have attacked the Vikings differently than those teams had attacked other teams thus far.  Sure, that happens a lot, but the example provided is that the Dolphins averaged running a 0-blitz 16 times a game...this game they only did it 4 times.  I imagine it was probably because they believe Kirk would have killed them, but it certainly does cause a lot of adjustment in-game, which isn't an easy thing to do. 

Good to see the talent of this team come through even the coaches weren’t prepared. It’s early in the year so there isn’t a lot of tape out there, especially against teams with new coaching staffs. 

30 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Good to see the talent of this team come through even the coaches weren’t prepared. It’s early in the year so there isn’t a lot of tape out there, especially against teams with new coaching staffs. 

I think they were as prepared as they could be. The Dolphins stayed in base defense against 11 personnel on 2 of 175 snaps prior to playing the Vikings. The coaches prepared based on defensive tendencies, and adjusted on the fly. "unprepared" is not a word that I would use to describe this staff.

• Like 4