Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We are talented no doubt. Depending on how people feel about Hurts, I would actually rank the Eagles roster as the "most talented" in the conference, probably followed by us and Tampa. Now we just need our coaching to catch up to that talent. 

Cowboys may be more talented as well.  And the Vikings.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We are talented no doubt. Depending on how people feel about Hurts, I would actually rank the Eagles roster as the "most talented" in the conference, probably followed by us and Tampa. Now we just need our coaching to catch up to that talent. 

Iggles have a dominant OL which helps a ton. They have a talented team for sure. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Don't think the Vikings have near the talent we do on defense. Offensively, yes because a guy like JJ is a huge +++ star, but overall, I'd take our squad from a talent level.

Cowboys are up there but they are actually a better example of a team that is being coached well, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Guys are eating on their front and they are playing aggressive defense behind that pressure. No easy BS freebies like in Barryland. 

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm going to challenge this whole "there is talent" statement.  And I don't know what I'm going to find.  I'm going into this feeling like Rodgers is above the middle of the road for QB.  Jones is excellent.  Dillion is darned good and all our WR's, outside of Cobb are low level starters.  So are the tight ends.

I'm going to check PFF now to see how the talent has played.  You may hate PFF, but it is a common rating tool where everyone is looked at the same.

Rodgers is the 12th ranked QB.  Cousins is right ahead of him.  Trubisky was #15 and he was benched.  And?  Daniel Jones is 21.  That's around where I'd put Rodgers for this year.  And I'm not bagging on him.  Our offensive stuff has been pretty, well, poor this year.  And he's done what he can.

Jones is the 6th ranked RB.  Dillon is 16th.  Sounds close to right.  Maybe Jones should be a little higher.

Lewis is our highest ranked TE at 24.  Davis is 29.  Tonyan is 36.

Cobb is 6.  Lazard is 38.  Doubs is 57.  

Myers is the 12'th ranked center.  Wow.  Good for him!  He's having a nice start to the year.

Runyan is the 18th ranked guard.  Newman is 25.

Jenks is 13 at tackle.  Nihman is 26.  Bakh is 60.

Clark is 18 on the DL.  Reed is 42.  Lowry is 81.

Campbell is 25 at ILB.  Walker is 71.  (For what it is worth, Devin White is 74)

Gary is 11 at EDGE.  Preston is 49.

Jaire is 22.  Douglas is 50.  Stokes is 66.

Amos is 66 at safety.  Savage is 84.

PFF isn't remotely a measure of talent. At best, it's a measure of consistent execution. Virtually the opposite of what I'm pointing out. 

Our talent is currently executing well below expectations.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Iggles have a dominant OL which helps a ton. They have a talented team for sure. 

Don't really have a flaw from what I can see. Helps that Hurts is making next to no money, but they had a big FA to get guys like Bradbury to go with Slay and Reddick as a pass rusher, not to mention AJ Brown. If you're a believer in the "teams with low paid QBs win championships," the Eagles are probably that team this season. I'm just not sold on Hurts yet in the playoffs against a good team. Last year, he looked like garbage in crunch time against the Bucs. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Don't think the Vikings have near the talent we do on defense. Offensively, yes because a guy like JJ is a huge +++ star, but overall, I'd take our squad from a talent level.

Cowboys are up there but they are actually a better example of a team that is being coached well, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Guys are eating on their front and they are playing aggressive defense behind that pressure. No easy BS freebies like in Barryland. 

Maybe not...on defense, but theirs plays better than ours.  I'll take their safeties over ours and I'll take Kendricks over either of our ILB's.  EDGE is a wash and our corners are better.

Offense?  I'll take their OL, their WR, their TE's (whomever they are), our RB's and gimme either QB.  Rodgers with those weapons is better than Cousins.  But Rodgers with what he has is pretty close to Cousins with what he has.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Oh, come on now. I understand being upset but a bridge too far. 

The Cowboys will be figured out. The wheels will fall off. You block them up front they will be exposed. 

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

PFF isn't remotely a measure of talent. At best, it's a measure of consistent execution. Virtually the opposite of what I'm pointing out. 

Our talent is currently executing well below expectations.

Or...you and I and most of us are wrong concerning the talent level on the roster.

Here is what I found interesting.

Jenkins does not pass the eyeball test to me.  In the passing game.  But he's got a great score.

I was encouraged by Myers.  And by both guards.

Our o-line is playing better than my eyeballs told me.

Our tight ends are not talented, they are in fact, below average.  Except for Lewis run blocking.

Our wide receivers are not good either.  Takes them a while to get it in the NFL.  We all know that.  But Lazard needs to be better.  Cobb is the shining star in that group and that has shown this year.

I was surprised by Clark's score because he's wrecked a lot of games this year.

Figured Gary would have a nice score, but not yet quite elite.  P has been okay, but I thought his score was low.

Figured Quay and Campbell would look bad on their scores.

Same for the corners.

And I knew our safeties have been terrible.

Maybe Savage isn't very good.  Maybe Amos is not what he once was.  

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Oh, come on now. I understand being upset but a bridge too far. 

The Cowboys will be figured out. The wheels will fall off. You block them up front they will be exposed. 

Cousins is the only real QB we've played and he looked like vintage Montana.  Jefferson looked like Rice.

They destroyed us.

Big time rival, yes.  But I'll give credit where it is due.

48 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The ridiculous part is when someone can watch this Packers team and feel, for realsies, that this is a contending team.  Or...for realsies, like it is on par with teams from 2-3 years ago.

I'm not saying who is a contender...outside of GB.

This team is not anywhere near the level of the squad we've had for the past 3 years or so.  The o-line is oh so much worse.  The WR's are either bad, or are not being given a chance to run real routes and have a real passing game.  Our RB's are quite good.  Our QB is fine, but he's no where near an MVP level.

Defense still has the issues with crossers and deep zones against the sideline.  While still not being able to stop the run.

But hey, at least the kicking game is fixed.

And I'm sure your selective memory will say that the 2010 team felt 'for realsies' after 5 games also. That team was 3-3 and people were losing their minds, leading Rodgers to come with his R-E-L-A-X quote on his radio show. Game 8 that year was against the Rex Ryan led Jets and a 9-0 win gave fans little convenience that they could be a contending team with that offense. It's a long season and they are a work in progress, they didn't play the SB last Sunday and they are not playing it this Sunday. They are one game out of first place with 12 to play, just find ways to win no matter how ugly it may be, and things will work itself out. 

And yes, they are one of the most talented teams in the NFC.    

37 minutes ago, R T said:

And I'm sure your selective memory will say that the 2010 team felt 'for realsies' after 5 games also. That team was 3-3 and people were losing their minds, leading Rodgers to come with his R-E-L-A-X quote on his radio show. Game 8 that year was against the Rex Ryan led Jets and a 9-0 win gave fans little convenience that they could be a contending team with that offense. It's a long season and they are a work in progress, they didn't play the SB last Sunday and they are not playing it this Sunday. They are one game out of first place with 12 to play, just find ways to win no matter how ugly it may be, and things will work itself out. 

And yes, they are one of the most talented teams in the NFC.    

So mixed up on the seasons this is hilarious 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Cousins is the only real QB we've played and he looked like vintage Montana.  Jefferson looked like Rice.

They destroyed us.

Big time rival, yes.  But I'll give credit where it is due.

Better roster? I get you are upset with the way we've played but it's a long season. This team is loaded and will get it figured out. My concern is the DC. Not sure he going to be able to adapt and make the changes needed. 

This offseason, we need to throw the bag at whoever is 2nd in command to Demeco Ryans in San Fran. Every year they sustain a ton of injuries and their defense doesn't miss a beat. No reason this defense shouldn't be top 5 right now. It's the same thing every year no matter the coordinator. We're soft and timid and play not to lose the game. 

• Like 1