RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Kermit
    • Sid
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

2 minutes ago, Malik said:

and he can decide to hold the flag. It happens all the time. These are active decisions the refs are choosing to make. They should be held culpable for them. There are plenty of NFL games where we have all seen refs call everyone tight or let players play

Doubt the ref union would allow culpability 

2 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

On the play that created the rule, that Vikings player had very clear intentions, he destroyed Rodgers. This isn't in the same planet. These refs have no common sense. 

I always thought it was supposed to be for like, when the defender kind of jumps up so they have more momentum to slam down on the QB. When they're pulling like, a wrestling move, not just falling down on the QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malik said:

and he can decide to hold the flag. It happens all the time. These are active decisions the refs are choosing to make. They should be held culpable for them. There are plenty of NFL games where we have all seen refs call everyone tight or let players play

Pretty sure the league wants them to throw the flag in instances regarding QB safety, even if it isn't 100% clear.

These guys get graded, ain't none of them going to go rogue for the fans. 

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Just have the equivalent of what all of the broadcasts have, one guy who can rewatch and respond in the moment on questionable calls. Anyone would've said hey, pick up the flag, and none of this would be a problem.

It's ridiculous how far behind US sports are to global Football, this has been a solved problem technologically and logistically (though obviously mired in the mountain of corruption and graft in professional Football) for over 2 decades now. Eye in the Sky, man in a booth, buzz the ear "that wasn't a flag Ed, pick it up lets go".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Not sure how to feel about Chiefer and Jackuvicious liking this post. Feels like a threat with potential follow-through, lol.

(I'm from the area... I know KC fans are hardcore enough to get crazed.)

I live in Nebraska.

Unfortunately.

• Like 2

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I think they're going to do what they always do when these things become national talking points for weeks and quietly tell refs to stop calling them and then quietly change them at rules committee because they're terrified of getting to the point where the money spout shoots out slightly less money.

We will see. This is hardly the first time that people have complained about horrific RTP calls and as far as I know, they haven't done anything about it yet. This will be out of the media talking point rotation in 3 days when everyone starts talking about the week ahead. Only the fans of the team remember the really bad calls. I can tell you about this horrific call  that Ahmad Brooks got against Drew Brees because Brees is basically short, but I doubt anyone but a Saints or 49ers fan would know what I'm referring to. These things just fade away until the next one 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

That would be a huge shift in the game but worth it I think

It's a decent idea but as we saw with PI, the refs will just stick with the original call no matter how wrong it was. It would only work if it was an independent reviewer and even they wouldn't want to piss of the refs too much

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

That would be a huge shift in the game but worth it I think

Game would get way too slow, and the refs could possibly react the same way after the LA Rams no-call (i.e., basically neglect all challenges in question). 

• Lessen the load from the refs by implementing technology where it can be so obviously more efficient.
  • Lighten up on DPI and illegal contact.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

That highlight portion doesn't even apply though. It says a defenseless posture, during of after throwing a pass. You shouldn't be a defenseless player when you're just getting tackled with the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I always thought it was supposed to be for like, when the defender kind of jumps up so they have more momentum to slam down on the QB. When they're pulling like, a wrestling move, not just falling down on the QB.

It was intended for those kinds of moves, which is valid because you can easily break their collar bone. But they took that concept of the rule and went way overboard. 

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

Game would get way too slow, and the refs could possibly react the same way after the LA Rams no-call (i.e., basically neglect all challenges in question). 

• Lessen the load from the refs by implementing technology where it can be so obviously more efficient.
  • Lighten up on DPI and illegal contact.

DPI and illegal contact are never going back to pre-04, ever, the league does not want WR's getting ragdolled again. Mandatory review/reviewable penalties are a simple solution and you can easily implement systems to make reviews expeditious. 

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

It's a decent idea but as we saw with PI, the refs will just stick with the original call no matter how wrong it was. It would only work if it was an independent reviewer and even they wouldn't want to piss of the refs too much

How about challenge flag worthy?