The Good, the Bad, the Kansas City Zebras

RaidersAreOne

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

How many did Jim win the 9ers? 

Literally the only one trying to actually compare Harbaugh and Bissacia is you bud. Nobody has said he was a better candidate. 

But you're basing your entire debate on a preference for what amounts to a fantasy pipe dream. 

Harbaugh, McDaniels, and Rich weren't the only three candidates. I didn't want Rich or McDaniels. In addition to McDaniels not being great I think we just have to accept that this team isn't very good. Renfrow is the most overrated player in the NFL, Waller can't stay healthy, Carr is below average, etc. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harbaugh, McDaniels, and Rich weren't the only three candidates. I didn't want Rich or McDaniels. In addition to McDaniels not being great I think we just have to accept that this team isn't very good. Renfrow is the most overrated player in the NFL, Waller can't stay healthy, Carr is below average, etc. 

Harbaugh wasn't a candidate at all. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Harbaugh wasn't a candidate at all. 

Well I'm sure there was a better candidate than Rich and McDaniels. Unfortunately our flukey playoff run took us out of the running for a lot of the top guys. Team will suck this year and then probably rebuild. Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Well I'm sure there was a better candidate than Rich and McDaniels. Unfortunately our flukey playoff run took us out of the running for a lot of the top guys. Team will suck this year and then probably rebuild. Oh well. 

Name names. Let's hear them. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Name names. Let's hear them. 

Mike McDaniel, Brian Daboll, and Kevin O'Connell have all looked good as first year head coaches. 

You genuinely believe that Rich and JMD were the two best head coaching candidates in the NFL? lol 

Edited by NYRaider

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mike McDaniel, Brian Daboll, and Kevin O'Connell have all looked good as first year head coaches. 

You genuinely believe that Rich and JMD were the two best head coaching candidates in the NFL? lol 

Never once said that. Ever. 

As for the guys you named, they got jobs. Maybe we interviewed them. Maybe we didn't. Maybe they wanted nothing to do with the Raiders. Still none of it makes Rich a bad candidate as you insinuate. 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Never once said that. Ever. 

As for the guys you named, they got jobs. Maybe we interviewed them. Maybe we didn't. Maybe they wanted nothing to do with the Raiders. Still none of it makes Rich a bad candidate as you insinuate. 

Rich wasn't a terrible candidate but I think there were better candidates out there. It was a feel good story and I respect what he did for the team last year. That doesn't mean he should've been the coach going forward if we have Super Bowl aspirations. But it's not even worth discussing, we're not going to be in the contender conversation anytime in the near future. Team just isn't good enough.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Again I never liked the McDaniels hire, wasn't a fan of running it back either. Just unfortunate that we've had a few plays bounce against us and guys that were studs last year just didn't show up after we paid them. 

Yea I agree with this but at the same time why do we run Davante Adams jet sweeps. Or stop running randomly when it hasn't been stopped.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yea I agree with this but at the same time why do we run Davante Adams jet sweeps. Or stop running randomly when it hasn't been stopped.

Some of our play calling has been questionable, I think McDaniels has done a much better job over the last two weeks though. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Some of our play calling has been questionable, I think McDaniels has done a much better job over the last two weeks though. 

Oh definitely tonight was his best night playcalling as a raider for sure. I don't think anyone can deny that. It's just that why go for two. That's a HC decision not an OC decision. In the past Belichick made those decision. Big part of being a HC.