Roughing the Passer Needs to be Reviewable

Chiefer

I get that we need to protect against head injuries but refs are being overboard in punishing defenders for making routine tackles on QBs. 

This wouldn’t be a thing if the NFL/Dolphins couldve conducted concussion protocol on Tua better. They’re essentially punishing defenses for their own mistakes 

They’re playing makeup because of the slimy Dolphins. Hopefully it blows over. 

The calls this weekend might actually be collectively the worst I’ve seen, in terms of a single type of penalty. I’m not sure making it reviewable is the answer because then they’ll be even more okay with tossing it out there. They should just be better.

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

Refs won’t overturn their own calls even with irrefutable evidence. We saw this in action with pass interference becoming reviewable.

You’d need a third party to make any rulings. 

That’s what I’m talking about big dawg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

bro I make more contact with people making my way down the aisle at the grocery store

Now is a good time to mention you’ve been banned from 17 grocery stores for touching people unnecessarily 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

Refs won’t overturn their own calls even with irrefutable evidence. We saw this in action with pass interference becoming reviewable.

You’d need a third party to make any rulings. 

This would be amazing to see. A forward thinking league that actually hold their refs responsible for bad calls. They could have a former ref look at the call and decide the challenges play (like Gene Steratore), instead of the ones on the field. A nice checks and balance.

I guess that’s why it’ll never happen. 

From what I heard the referee union and even some owners don't want a system where a head honcho in New York/Big Brother can take a look at a call, and override it on the field to get it correct. I guess for the referee union I can see why there some pushback due to it being one further step to getting the "boots on the ground" phased out with the advent of technology, and therefore potentially becoming obsolete all together. Don't know why owners would be against it though. Something money-related if I had to guess. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe