How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

Josh McD is 1-4 to start the year. The O has been a roller coaster but largely disappointing given the playmakers we have, especially in the red zone. How long can Josh McD survive?

We have lost 4 games by a combined 14 points. How much of that is on bad play calling by McD? Lack of focus + situational awareness? Undisciplined nature closing out games? 

Edited by RaidersAreOne

I doubt he's fired after year one. 

But I wouldn't allow him to KNJ Graham along for much longer if I'm Mark. 

If the defense continues to look this bad after the bye, I would 100% tell Graham to kick rocks back to ruining someone else's defense. He shouldn't still be here anyway, IMO. 

Now, if Josh tried to argue for keeping Graham around...... I'd tell him to kick rocks too. The fact that he hired the guy in the first place should've gotten him immediately fired as far as I'm concerned. 

There's no way he gets fired there's a chance the Raiders can still make the playoffs playing a bunch of sorry teams to make us forget about this first month. It's more about can he continue to show progress in a roster that will be difficult to improve because of all the money that's already tied up. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

There's no way he gets fired there's a chance the Raiders can still make the playoffs playing a bunch of sorry teams to make us forget about this first month. It's more about can he continue to show progress in a roster that will be difficult to improve because of all the money that's already tied up. 

I know, we should've kept Mike Mayock the dude that tanked all of our draft assets to build the team instead, lol. 

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Only way McDaniels is fired is if we win four games. Extremely unlikely. Although 24 years of watching every Raider season, nothing would surprise me with this team. 

Even then I don't see Ziegler firing his buddy or Mark Davis making such a brash decision. It would make the franchise look weak, unless he just big balls it and hires Sean Payton. 

Things start to ease off after the bye. We’ve got Texans, Saints, Jaguars, Colts, Broncos, Seahawks as the next 6 games, so we really need to start stacking wins soon or things could start to get uncomfortable for Josh.

And even after those 6 games, there’s no game on the schedule that we shouldn’t be looking to win. We’ve just faced the toughest matchup on our schedule and were (again) in a position to win with seconds left.

1-4 isn’t a great look, and I’m far from McDaniels’ biggest fan but probably some context needed here. We’ve been competitive in every game and the offense does look to be improving.

Roll on week 7… where we’ll no doubt come out totally flat and lose 13-9 to Davis Mills.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Things start to ease off after the bye. We’ve got Texans, Saints, Jaguars, Colts, Broncos, Seahawks as the next 6 games, so we really need to start stacking wins soon or things could start to get uncomfortable for Josh.

And even after those 6 games, there’s no game on the schedule that we shouldn’t be looking to win. We’ve just faced the toughest matchup on our schedule and were (again) in a position to win with seconds left.

1-4 isn’t a great look, and I’m far from McDaniels’ biggest fan but probably some context needed here. We’ve been competitive in every game and the offense does look to be improving.

Roll on week 7… where we’ll no doubt come out totally flat and lose 13-9 to Davis Mills.

You kidding me? 

Graham's D will give Davis Mills at least 2 TDs. 

17-9

• Like 1

For a offense that’s this loaded I don’t like the donut qtrs. At least we scraped together some points for the 4th qtr cause this looked like Arizona all over again. Offense starts 3 n out. Defense responds with a 3 n out we get rolling with a td. Passing o gets bailed out by pi’s and we score another td in the 2nd. We don’t score another td till the 4th qtr. iirc

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I doubt he's fired after year one. 

But I wouldn't allow him to KNJ Graham along for much longer if I'm Mark. 

If the defense continues to look this bad after the bye, I would 100% tell Graham to kick rocks back to ruining someone else's defense. He shouldn't still be here anyway, IMO. 

Now, if Josh tried to argue for keeping Graham around...... I'd tell him to kick rocks too. The fact that he hired the guy in the first place should've gotten him immediately fired as far as I'm concerned. 

I agree with the first part.  Our D has been a complete embarrassment and PG should be fired if he cant turn this around after the bye.  I watched the game last night and allowing four TD's to Kelce is worthy of being fired in itself.  They have one legit threat in the RZ and that is Kelce who was allowed to roam free and gash us for a record setting game.  

I don't think JM is on the hot seat nor should he be.  This team showed some improvement last night over prior weeks and is playing better football than they had previously.  We have lost some close games and if the D can step it up to an average level we could reel off some consecutive wins.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

For a offense that’s this loaded I don’t like the donut qtrs. At least we scraped together some points for the 4th qtr cause this looked like Arizona all over again. Offense starts 3 n out. Defense responds with a 3 n out we get rolling with a td. Passing o gets bailed out by pi’s and we score another td in the 2nd. We don’t score another td till the 4th qtr. iirc

truthfully, I think you just think / expect way too much from Os in general. 
The mighty KC had just as many 3 and outs as we did. . how come their D doesn't just tire and give up when it happens?
Passing O gets bailed out by PIs? They were clear as day PI? Would you rather them not throw the flag just so you can crap on Carr? 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

truthfully, I think you just think / expect way too much from Os in general. 
The mighty KC had just as many 3 and outs as we did. . how come their D doesn't just tire and give up when it happens?
Passing O gets bailed out by PIs? They were clear as day PI? Would you rather them not throw the flag just so you can crap on Carr? 

Can you honestly say those pi’s weren’t underthrown like 90% of Carr’s passes last night. I’ll take the calls all day like I said we paid adams for everything including 50/50 calls. Not mad at them cause they led to a td in the 2nd which happened to be our last td until the 4th qtr.