How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yes agreed, but all of that is only possible because our O had also scored enough to keep up with our D being bottom 5 in ppg.
If we were not top 8 in ppg, all of these losses are blow outs, because we give up a lot of points. (The fifth most in the league)
If our D wasnt bottom 5, maybe Ari doesnt make the come back, maybe we dont need to go for 2 against Tenn, maybe we just need to kick FGs there. 

We get stops at the end, which is great. And yes, its given us a chance. At the time I agree, its all I can ask from them, but they are still allowing way too many points. 

I wouldn't say that 23-24 points is a lot. I get that scoring is down overall but come on man, lol. You're acting like we're asking the offense to just win shoot outs every week, lol. The offense stalled out in the first half against the Chargers/Titans and in the second half against the Cardinals, we have three halves of just no offensive production already this year. 

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

100-%  facts

The defense haven’t been great but considering the resources spent on offense vs defense . You would expect the O to win the game when they had chances 

People are acting like we need to hold teams to 10-14 points to have a chance. I get that we're technically a bottom 5 defense but come on... 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Our top 8 offense can’t score consistently we should be able to put up points in every qtr even if it’s a fg. we have too many top 10 targets on offense not to. Besides buff who in the afc has more targets than us. No reason we don’t score half the sd or Ariz game. Tenn I’ll give offense a pass. Even vs den defense had to score cause the offense took a few series off. 

Mahommes cant score every quarter, thats the #1 O, youre just asking to much, especially when we give up 8+ min drives on D. . . means if we sometimes only get 1 drive in a quarter. 
What you are asking, has never been done in the nfl lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't say that 23-24 points is a lot. I get that scoring is down overall but come on man, lol. You're acting like we're asking the offense to just win shoot outs every week, lol. The offense stalled out in the first half against the Chargers/Titans and in the second half against the Cardinals, we have three halves of just no offensive production already this year. 

Im just saying, the D gives up long drives consistently week in and week out. If you think our O disappears in games, then you need to admit our D does as well. 

How do you stop a good O? You keep them off the field. 
Our D, it seems if they dont get a 3 and out, they give up long touchdown drives. It kills momentum, and tires out the d as well. 

We kicked a FG, with 17 seconds left in the half, then let them kick one right beofre half time too. that is not serviceable D, to give up points there, sorry. 

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

We are not a bottom 10 team in D spending though. 
https://overthecap.com/defensive-spending-nfl-preseason-2022#:~:text=The average team invests %24102,million being spent on defense.
Card, panthers, cowboys, commanders, cheifs, lions, giants, falcons, texans, bears are all cheaper Ds then ours. 

I dont think the money thing works this year, we spent. 

Good find but Majority of our defense cap is spent on 2 Defensive ends.

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Mahommes cant score every quarter, thats the #1 O, youre just asking to much, especially when we give up 8+ min drives on D. . . means if we sometimes only get 1 drive in a quarter. 
What you are asking, has never been done in the nfl lol

Mahomes doesn’t have top 10 wr1, slot wr, rb either

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

one of which is worth every cent! 
the other, has been getting better every week, so hopefully he is finding his legs. 
Could really use a DT. 

Could you see why a good amount of us entertain the idea of drafting a QB and letting Carr walk/trade next season?

40 million of cap space can help fill holes across the team. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mahomes doesn’t have top 10 wr1, slot wr, rb either

Mahommes is top 3 QB in the league, Carr is what fringe top 10. . . 
Mahommes also has the best TE in the league, who single handly destroyed us in the redzone. 

No need to compare the two, I was just saying, the #1 O in the league, doesnt score every possession. 
If you expect us too, you will be disappointed. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Could you see why a good amount of us entertain the idea of drafting a QB and letting Carr walk/trade next season?

40 million of cap space can help fill holes across the team. 

I could def see it, especially if we end up with a top 5-10 pick. 
I do think we will get better this season though, and end up worst case middle of pack. 

How much does a top 5 pick make these days? 8-10mil? Im guessing wed bring in a more experienced backup too, so I dont think itd be 40 mil to the rest of team. 
Maybe 20-25mil. which is either an allpro caliber player, or some better depth. 

Does a legit DT, take us out of bottom 5 D? Probably. How much better? Not sure. 
How much does our O regress with a rookie QB? who knows. 

If we completely tank this season, I do expect it to happen. 
Even though right now, I only put the chargers loss on Carr. 

26 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I could def see it, especially if we end up with a top 5-10 pick. 
I do think we will get better this season though, and end up worst case middle of pack. 

How much does a top 5 pick make these days? 8-10mil? Im guessing wed bring in a more experienced backup too, so I dont think itd be 40 mil to the rest of team. 
Maybe 20-25mil. which is either an allpro caliber player, or some better depth. 

Does a legit DT, take us out of bottom 5 D? Probably. How much better? Not sure. 
How much does our O regress with a rookie QB? who knows. 

If we completely tank this season, I do expect it to happen. 
Even though right now, I only put the chargers loss on Carr. 

How does the O regress with a rookie?   I’d be willing to risk it and we’ll be better in the long run with a player who could potentially be better than Carr. Eagles drafted Hurts with Wentz and Foles on the roster. 

We’re 1-4 and have had 2 winning seasons in 8 full years with Carr. His 9th year, guess what? Losing again.  He’s taken this team to its limits with him 

It’s not the coach. Carr is on the hot seat

Edited by bucksavage1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

How does the O regress with a rookie?   I’d be willing to risk it and we’ll be better in the long run with a player who could potentially be better than Carr. Eagles drafted Hurts with Wentz and Foles on the roster. 

We’re 1-4 and have had 2 winning seasons in 8 full years with Carr. His 9th year, guess what? Losing again.  He’s taken this team to its limits with him 

It’s not the coach. Carr is on the hot seat

Well a rookie in a complex system isnt guaranteed to be a success. If we keep Carr another year, then we dont get that money to build the roster. 

We are 1-4 right now, but season is not over. I understand you are ready to give up on this season, as you want a qb change. But I hope to see this team grow and fight this way back into it. 

I still expect us to turn the corner, next 6 games are winnable, and if our D and O both clean up the little things, I think we can play a lot better. 

• Like 1