How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

It’s admirable being willing to see it all play out but when you say there are no sure things, Perryman, Harmon, Ya Sin and Billings are pretty much that as we’ve just seen what they did in our scheme with our coaches and all played at a decent to good level. None broke the bank and none would have prevented us from drafting a high ceiling rookie. All would have plugged massive holes with a known quantity at a very affordable rate. It’s puzzling.

Maybe none wanted to come back and then we have an even bigger problem………

Has Harmon gone somewhere ? 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

I’m hoping he’s a late resigning. Probably to avoid OTA’s and just be signed in time for training camp, 

I hope so, we’ll need his experience back there with our dozen rookies on defence 😁

• Like 1

How hot McDaniels seat is this year will come down to the defense. I have zero issues with the offense. They will fill the RG spot in the draft and honestly feel very confident with the offense. WR core is no joke. Jacobs at RB. Solid TE in Hooper. The Raiders are gonna score. 

It’s if the defense can be respectable and have some rookies play at a high level. It’s a lot to ask but we saw Seattles draft class carry that team. McDaniels and Zig need to have that type of impact with their draft class or else this season will be ugly 

• Like 3

On 3/21/2023 at 7:41 PM, NickButera said:

This whole off-season I was going to be very upset if we didn't spend our 7 on a QB and instead used a 3rd rounder on a project to develop like reports are saying. ...however I was under the assumption we wouldn't get an opportunity like this high again soon. But now I'm thinking we're going to be picking top ten again next year, so no biggie. 

Lol.  Interesting perspective.  We're going to suck for another year so at least we can get our QB of the future next draft.  We'll see.  If we tank the season for the #1 overall I wouldn't be mad.  If we end up with pick #10...well that's another story.  Commitment to mediocrity I guess.

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

Lol.  Interesting perspective.  We're going to suck for another year so at least we can get our QB of the future next draft.  We'll see.  If we tank the season for the #1 overall I wouldn't be mad.  If we end up with pick #10...well that's another story.  Commitment to mediocrity I guess.

I mean the way things are going, our defense will be bottom of the league, Jimmy G will most likely get hurt, leaving our fate in the hands of a backup, who is increasingly looking like it may be a mid round rookie? So, I'm expecting 6 wins, 4-5 if he gets hurt early on, 7 if he gets hurt late. 

• Like 2

Based on this recent Mark Davis interview I would say that JMD and the team would need to really sink during this upcoming season for Mark to pull the plug.

He seems to be willing to let them draft and build this year. He needs to see some improvement and then their 2024 season is a given. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting comments. Sounds like Davis had some inkling that the roster was not set up for success when they were hired. Understanding that seeing it from afar and getting hands on with who everyone is are two different things. 

Kind of changes the perspective on things. Davis seems very patient based on his comments here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Interesting comments. Sounds like Davis had some inkling that the roster was not set up for success when they were hired. Understanding that seeing it from afar and getting hands on with who everyone is are two different things. 

Kind of changes the perspective on things. Davis seems very patient based on his comments here. 

He basically said they thought Carr was better than he actually is but he was willing to give them a chance to see if they could take it to the next level with him.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He basically said they thought Carr was better than he actually is but he was willing to give them a chance to see if they could take it to the next level with him.

This whole regimes time here so far seems like an casual expensive experiment