How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is really where I come back to Carr. He has a career of this. He can look dialed in one week and unstoppable. Then he's good for a 4-5 clunkers every year as well. 

Yesterday, he had that look and you kind of felt it was one of those games. Frantic with his movements in the pocket. Double clutching. Not wanting to run. Missing throws. 

His inconsistent play has been a problem forever. He's not the same guy week to week.

And I'm sick of him not targeting Adams. 7 games with the Raiders, he was held under 40 yards in 3 of them. Took 56 games in GB for that to happen. That's a QB problem. 

That is why I say he is the most frustrating player in the league.

• Like 1

I think there is one piece missing in this conversation.  What do we do with Zeigler?  Is he worth keeping?  If he is worth keeping does he want to stay if we cut ties with McDaniels?  We need a GM that is capable of making football decisions.  This is twice now that we have got the coach who brought in his GM and neither has made good personnel moves.

The lack of adjustment was terrifying yesterday. The Saints sold out to stop the run and we kept trying to fake play action when clearly they weren't buying it. We didn't put extra guys in protection like we should have. We didn't try quick passes to the outside/screens to get some rhythm. Obviously, Carr and the pass blocking were bad yesterday. But McDaniels put on an unacceptable performance. 

I waited a day to post anything because my emotions were running too high.

Like some of the other posters have said, the Raiders are in QB purgatory until Carr is gone. But I would still like to get rid of this coaching staff before getting rid of Carr. Ziegler is an ok GM and a solid drafter IMO. Even if he fired the coaching staff, he would likely hire more New England cronies to replace them... So DZ has to go too.

Let a new GM and coaching staff decide what to do with Carr.

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I waited a day to post anything because my emotions were running too high.

Like some of the other posters have said, the Raiders are in QB purgatory until Carr is gone. But I would still like to get rid of this coaching staff before getting rid of Carr. Ziegler is an ok GM and a solid drafter IMO. Even if he fired the coaching staff, he would likely hire more New England cronies to replace them... So DZ has to go too.

Let a new GM and coaching staff decide what to do with Carr.

I'm not ready to move on so quickly. Let's see what happens the rest of the year. But I think it's fair to be disappointed with where this team is at rn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not ready to move on so quickly. Let's see what happens the rest of the year. But I think it's fair to be disappointed with where this team is at rn.

That's fair.

If I was Mark Davis, I would tell Ziegler that he can keep his job if he gets rid of McDaniels and NEVER hires a NE coach again.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Josh needs to fire Patrick Graham soon or he'll go down with him.

Meh he’s got his hands full with the offense. You can’t put up a donut and start pointing fingers.

One thing I don’t like about having hc/oc combo is that when defense is on the field jmd is talking to carr. He prolly has no idea what is going on with def.

46 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh he’s got his hands full with the offense. You can’t put up a donut and start pointing fingers.

One thing I don’t like about having hc/oc combo is that when defense is on the field jmd is talking to carr. He prolly has no idea what is going on with def.

How hard is it to stop a QB sweep??

Everyone know it was coming and he still got 10-15 yards every play. WTF this is High School play.

Stretch it out until the rest of the defense fills the holes.