How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

42 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

How hard is it to stop a QB sweep??

Everyone know it was coming and he still got 10-15 yards every play. WTF this is High School play.

Stretch it out until the rest of the defense fills the holes.

Iirc saints had a top 10 offense coming into yesterdays game. I could be wrong but seems like it’s been difficult for the nfl to stop. 

Lets compare last year's roster to this year's roster

QB-2021: Derek Carr 2022: Derek Carr

RB-2021: Josh Jacobs 2022: Josh Jacobs

WR1-2021: Renfrow 2022: Davante Adams 

WR2-2021: Henry Ruggs(before)/Zay Jones after  2022: Renfrow

WR3-2021: Bryan Edwards 2022: Mack Hollins

TE-2021: Darren Waller 2022: Darren Waller

LT-2021: Kolton Miller 2022: Kolton Miller

LG-2021: John Simpson 2022: John Simpson

C-2021: Andre James 2022: Andre James

RG-2021: Leatherwood 2022: Dylan Parham

RT-2021: Brandon Parker 2022: James Elumunor/Thayer Munford

DE1-2021: Maxx Crosby 2022: Maxx Crosby

DE2-2021: Yannick Ngakuoe 2022: Chandler Jones (who's fault is that)

DT-2021: Quinton Jefferson 2022: Bilal Nichols(who's fault is that)

NT-2021: Johnathan Hankins 2022: Andrew Billings(who's fault is that)

LB1-2021: Denzel Perryman 2022: Denzel Perryman

LB2-2021: Cory Littleton/ Divine Diablo 2022: Jaylon Brown/Divine Diablo

SS-2021: Jonathan Abram 2022: Jonathan Abram/Duron Harmon

FS-2021: Trevon Moehrig 2022: Trevon Moehrig/Duron Harmon

CB1-2021: Casey Hayward 2022: Rock Ya Sin

CB2-2021: Brandon Faycson 2022: Nate Hobbs

NCB-2021: Nate Hobbs 2022: Anthony Averett/Amik Robertson(Who's fault is that)

Heres the results of this year's roster vs last year's: 

Offensively 

-11th in yards per game(363.8 yards)

-18th in points per game(22.0 points)

-T-11th most sacks allowed 

-16th in yards per game(340.9 yards )

-13th in points per game(23.3 points)

-T-16th most sacks allowed 

Defensively 

-14th in yards per game(337.2 yards)

-26th in points per game(25.8 points)

-20th in sacks 

-29th in turnovers

-25th in yards per game(366.7 yards )

-T26th in points per game(24.9 points)

-32nd in Sacks 

-32nd in Turnovers

What are your guys' thoughts on this? 

@ronjon1990 @Frankie2Gunz @bucksavage1 @big_palooka @Darbsk @drfrey13 @dante9876@SimonGruber

Edited by Jeremy408

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Offensively 

Defensively 

-20th in sacks 

-29th in turnovers

-32nd in Sacks 

-32nd in Turnovers

@ronjon1990 @Frankie2Gunz @bucksavage1 @big_palooka @Darbsk @drfrey13 @dante9876@SimonGruber

2022's Offense is being buoyed by a big game last week and some ok scoring games vs some of the worst teams in the league. We're not moving the ball nearly as well despite superior weaponry, because it's being used incorrectly. We're still doing better on the scoring front rank-wise, but again we've been buoyed by playing bad D's, running up a score on Houston, and other teams having a lot of low scoring games thus far. I imagine we finish the year bottom 8 in PPG when it's a said and done. 

On D, we've clearly pulled a Patrick Graham led defense and REGRESSED. As on offense, we've gotten help on the PPG front because we've played some absolutely broken offenses in Denver and Houston, yet still made them look functional. Probably finish bottom 8 in total D too, because Patrick Graham sucks and has always sucked but got a charity scholarship from his Patriots alum buddy (like he always has from Flores and then Judge). 

Looks like our coaches took an average offense, lost nobody of note, added one of the best WRs in the game, and f'd it up. 

Looks like our highly respected DC inherited a middling D, lost a pass rusher but improved at most positions, but did what he has done everywhere he's gone and made a a bad situation worse because he sucks at his job and has never actually been good at it. 

Looks like a coaching problem to me, buddy. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

2022's Offense is being buoyed by a big game last week and some ok scoring games vs some of the worst teams in the league. We're not moving the ball nearly as well despite superior weaponry, because it's being used incorrectly. We're still doing better on the scoring front rank-wise, but again we've been buoyed by playing bad D's, running up a score on Houston, and other teams having a lot of low scoring games thus far. I imagine we finish the year bottom 8 in PPG when it's a said and done. 

On D, we've clearly pulled a Patrick Graham led defense and REGRESSED. As on offense, we've gotten help on the PPG front because we've played some absolutely broken offenses in Denver and Houston, yet still made them look functional. Probably finish bottom 8 in total D too, because Patrick Graham sucks and has always sucked but got a charity scholarship from his Patriots alum buddy (like he always has from Flores and then Judge). 

Looks like our coaches took an average offense, lost nobody of note, added one of the best WRs in the game, and f'd it up. 

Looks like our highly respected DC inherited a middling D, lost a pass rusher but improved at most positions, but did what he has done everywhere he's gone and made a a bad situation worse because he sucks at his job and has never actually been good at it. 

It was a late add but for what its worth:

2021 we were T-11th most sacks allowed 

This year T-16th most sacks allowed 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

The only logical answer is coaching.  As you point out we didn't lose anything or great significance on either side of the ball yet our D has regressed back to a bottom three unit.  Our O has shown flashes of being good but has regressed from last year and has yet to put up a dominating performance for 4 quarters.  The Chiefs game showed me that we can hang with anyone on any given week but every other week we look unprepared and uninspired.  That falls on JM and his staff.  

I think the first domino to fall should be firing PG and finding his replacement.  I am not giving up the long term view with JM as our HC but I am not foolish enough to say that he has looked anything above below average over his first 7 games.  

I have always stated that I felt like this roster is lacking talent and depth and I still stand by what I said all offseason.  JM/DZ came in and tried to put a patchwork team together on a roster that had tremendous turnover, a new staff and new schemes.  That is never a recipe for success and it is showing this season. 

We brought in shiny new toys that most were enamored with, I was not a fan of the philosophy to spend all of this money on players on the downside of their careers, especially Jones because I knew we still had zero interior pass rush.  So far Jones has been worthless.  

We are 2 and 5 and coming off a shutout loss.  Last season we had a similar roster in terms of talent, yet played inspired football, they played with passion, heart and grit which made up for their inferior talent.  All of that fight is gone this season and that falls on the staff.  i was not a fan of retaining RB as our HC as i knew he was not the long term answer but he sure got the players to lay it all on the line for him.  This staff has not inspired that same fight.  

It's hard to know what JM is like behind closed doors, does he take accountability or is he pointing fingers and making excuses? Is he well liked by the players and do they feel like they can go to war with him and win?  My opinion is that it is too early to tell but the way this team has regressed and how uninspiring their on the field play has been is quite alarming.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

What nobody is taken to account is that our roster was build for the gruden scheme. And that last year was bis third season.

And now the players struggle obviously with the new scheme. That seems pretty normal I would say. Belichik had a 5-11 season when he came to the patriots. Although they were 8-8 the year before.

The mistake that the we all, including Mark Davis and JMD made is, that we thought that our key players learn a complex scheme in one offseason. And I'm 100% sure that when we fire McDaniels that he will gonback to NE and will have success again with the offense, because they know the system already.

And we have another lost 1-2 seasons If we're not able to find a HC that can adjust his scheme to the strengths of our Players.

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Offensively 

-T-11th most sacks allowed 

-T-16th most sacks allowed 

Defensively 

-20th in sacks 

-29th in turnovers

-32nd in Sacks 

-32nd in Turnovers

It's really interesting to see side by side like that. My thoughts are we are comparing a full season to just less than half a season though, with a new scheme, playbook, coaches so we have to let it play out and see where we are. Last year we probably bonded as a team in adversity so I hope we can do that this year a little now. We'll find out if McDaniels is any kind of leader now.

We should be playing better in offence with the personnel we have, defence has some excuses. It's very disappointing for sure, I think most of us expected some improvement across the board and the defence for one seems markedly worse, though it was only below average last year really. I think the offence was trending upwards but obviously it was a terrible display in New Orleans. Was that just a blip like other teams are having or was that something more?

I'm of the opinion that we need to see where we are going. Jacksonville are a pretty poor team, Lawrence is really struggling and their D is not great though they do have some pass rushers. Against the Broncos they were pretty putrid apart from one drive. If we are totally inept against them and we stack two terrible performances together then I will be worried.

I guess it's perspective for me, we expected a lot so we're very disappointed and I'm sure the new FO thought we'd be making a playoff push and challenging for the division and that's not the case obviously but I don't want to just overreact or for Mark to do anything knee jerk. We've changed so much and I want to see what the long term plan looks like before canning it all and starting yet again.

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

What nobody is taken to account is that our roster was build for the gruden scheme. And that last year was bis third season.

And now the players struggle obviously with the new scheme. That seems pretty normal I would say. Belichik had a 5-11 season when he came to the patriots. Although they were 8-8 the year before.

The mistake that the we all, including Mark Davis and JMD made is, that we thought that our key players learn a complex scheme in one offseason. And I'm 100% sure that when we fire McDaniels that he will gonback to NE and will have success again with the offense, because they know the system already.

And we have another lost 1-2 seasons If we're not able to find a HC that can adjust his scheme to the strengths of our Players.

No No NE was running the same system for years before Belichik.

Belichik didn't invent it it was given to him by Bill P.

14 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

I waited a day to post anything because my emotions were running too high.

Like some of the other posters have said, the Raiders are in QB purgatory until Carr is gone. But I would still like to get rid of this coaching staff before getting rid of Carr. Ziegler is an ok GM and a solid drafter IMO. Even if he fired the coaching staff, he would likely hire more New England cronies to replace them... So DZ has to go too.

Let a new GM and coaching staff decide what to do with Carr.

So, basically fire all the staff? And this is after you’ve let your emotions calm down for a day! What would you have done a day earlier 😄😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

Anyway.

It's a difference If you have to learn the system to a few draft picks and FA acquiries or the whole roster.

I don't think this should have been so hard. Keep all the plays that worked under Gruden and ad new ones as time goes by. I know different styles but all pass routes are basically the same.

10 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think you wasted a ton of your time for something that is completely irrelevant. 

I don't care what the roster looks like year one of a new regime. They can't fill all their holes and their roster vision is in it's infancy. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think you wasted a ton of your time for something that is completely irrelevant. 

I don't care what the roster looks like year one of a new regime. They can't fill all their holes and their roster vision is in it's infancy. 

Oh OK. So you're going with the built-in excuse approach. That's what I figured

And just for clarification, the comparative stats don't matter either right?

Edited by Jeremy408