How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

I hate to bring this up because there's simply no defense for Sunday's performance, but I haven't heard this mentioned yet. Seemed like practically half our starters didn't practice Tue-Thur because of illness/flu.  I know for a fact I could not be physically 100% 3 days after not being able to do anything with the flu. They were probably all knocked up on pain killers, etc for the game. 

I mean, that loss was so unchacteristic of this team. I have to wonder if this played a part why the best WR in the game couldn't shake a rookie, none of our WR's could find a way to get open, etc etc

43 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh OK. So you're going with the built-in excuse approach. That's what I figured

And just for clarification, the comparative stats don't matter either right?

And you're going with the 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Comparing the stats from 2021 to 2022 is ridiculous with half the season left to play. But please, go off... 

No, they do not... But if you want to look at it through 7 games:

2021:

Points per game: 25.7 Points allowed per game: 23.7

2022: 

Points per game: 23.3 Points allowed per game: 24.9

And we can compare after the season because that is how you look at statistics when you're not trying to create a narrative. 

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I hate to bring this up because there's simply no defense for Sunday's performance, but I haven't heard this mentioned yet. Seemed like practically half our starters didn't practice Tue-Thur because of illness/flu.  I know for a fact I could not be physically 100% 3 days after not being able to do anything with the flu. They were probably all knocked up on pain killers, etc for the game. 

I mean, that loss was so unchacteristic of this team. I have to wonder if this played a part why the best WR in the game couldn't shake a rookie, none of our WR's could find a way to get open, etc etc

The reason why no one has brought that up it's because

1.they were missing both Michael Thomas and Jarvis Landry on offense. 

2. They were missing Lattimore on defense. 

3. They already lost other key players like Bradley Roby & PJ Williams 

4. Their second year corner had knee issues all week

13 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It's noteworthy for sure. Add in the 1:00 start time on the road, it wasn't a great spot to be in. 

It's 1 game and the overreaction here has really been something else. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

The reason why no one has brought that up it's because

.....the McDaniels haters want to be right about him and would rather focus on that other factors. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And you're going with the 

No, they do not... But if you want to look at it through 7 games:

2021:

Points per game: 25.7 Points allowed per game: 23.7

2022: 

Points per game: 23.3 Points allowed per game: 24.9

And we can compare after the season because that is how you look at statistics when you're not trying to create a narrative. 

See, the thing about looking at the stats as they currently are is that it shows that we can't use the hand wavy "We lack talent that's why argument" that has been implemented thus far. It also gets rid of the argument of "but last year we won close games and that wasn't expected" because better stats should be expected with better players or the same players When we seem to be going backwards with better or the same players the implication is that something is not good. And I can't be the players because they performed better under different leadership(not only in the win loss column but statistically). 

And now that I know how you feel about the stats I can mention the fact that the vision argument doesn't make sense either because we re-signed a lot of players to big deals when each of them had one year  left on their contract(which points to the implication that they are part of this vision of the future that you were referring to). Therefore that argument doesn't work either. 

In regards to waiting till the end of the season to compare stats: If they don't get better or they get worse, is there a built-in excuse for that too?(I need to know in advance this time)

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

.....the McDaniels haters want to be right about him and would rather focus on that other factors. 

It appears the contrary is true. From the point of reasoning and the built-in excuses that have been made, it would appear that you want to be so right about the new patriots regime that you seem to be going against your better judgment and ignoring obvious red flags(Weekly).

This is opposed to ppl like @dante9876 or @Frankie2Gunz who were optimistic about Mcdaniels but refuse to acknowledge facts. 

Edited by Jeremy408

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's noteworthy for sure. Add in the 1:00 start time on the road, it wasn't a great spot to be in. 

How many were sick was jmd sick too? 

or maybe we just got some fools gold texans game and Saints just loaded up the box and dared us to pass

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

How many were sick was jmd sick too? 

or maybe we just got some fools gold texans game and Saints just loaded up the box and dared us to pass

This is what I saw. Raiders went a lot of max protect, 2 WR sets which had been working in recent weeks. Saints matched them, brought 8 in the box to stop Jacobs and Carr had no answers. Sometimes your QB has to make a play and he didn't Sunday. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is what I saw. Raiders went a lot of max protect, 2 WR sets which had been working in recent weeks. Saints matched them, brought 8 in the box to stop Jacobs and Carr had no answers. Sometimes your QB has to make a play and he didn't Sunday. 

Yup plus Allen knows carr just like del rio and we still haven’t played gus def yet. 

only target that was injured was waller so idk if it’s carr being scared or jmd being unprepared 

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

2020 @ Atlanta 43-6 loss

2019 @ Minni 34-14 loss, @ GB 42-24 loss, @ NYJ 34-3 loss

2018 @ Balt 34- 17 loss

2017 @ Washington 27-10, @ Buff 34-14, @ NE 33-8

2016 At least 1 good year

We go to the east and we generally get beat badly or get beat by bad teams.  Sometimes we get beat badly by bad teams.  This s not all the loses but some of the big ones and I did not count KC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I mean I certainly can't say it's all him. The execution by the whole team on offense was horrific on Sunday. It was literally jaw dropping how bad it was. Miller looked like an UDFA. Carr looked bad. Adams couldn't catch. The OL couldn't block. It was horrible. I hope I never see an offensive performance like that again.