How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can you honestly say those pi’s weren’t underthrown like 90% of Carr’s passes last night. I’ll take the calls all day like I said we paid adams for everything including 50/50 calls. Not mad at them cause they led to a td in the 2nd which happened to be our last td until the 4th qtr.

Def underthrown, but 1 on 1 coverage, with the best WR in the NFL, against a rookie CB . . on the sideline. . . underthrowing the ball is what made it PI.
Honestly think it was perfect placement, but I have no idea if Carr was trying to do that or not. 

The way Adams attacked the ball was perfect though. CB has no chance, and that is why you need to take those shots. WR moves back towards the underthrown ball, and if CB doesnt turn his head its PI. 

Thats just the way the rule is, not saying its a good rule or not, but its a rule, may as well take advantage of it. 

Unfortuntely when the D gives up multiple 10+ play drives, the O doesnt get as many chances. 

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Def underthrown, but 1 on 1 coverage, with the best WR in the NFL, against a rookie CB . . on the sideline. . . underthrowing the ball is what made it PI.
Honestly think it was perfect placement, but I have no idea if Carr was trying to do that or not. 

The way Adams attacked the ball was perfect though. CB has no chance, and that is why you need to take those shots. WR moves back towards the underthrown ball, and if CB doesnt turn his head its PI. 

Thats just the way the rule is, not saying its a good rule or not, but its a rule, may as well take advantage of it. 

Unfortuntely when the D gives up multiple 10+ play drives, the O doesnt get as many chances. 

Those pi’s made me think of after the chargers game and adams said he should’ve fought that deep int and turned it into a pi. Even the adams 1st td was lofted and made the catch a lot closer than it should’ve been.

We all know kc is crazy in the 3rd like golden state warriors. Would be nice if offense could help stop the bleeding during their weekly droughts. We’re improving at least we scored and didn’t have a total 2nd half donut. Carr finally returned in 4th on that beautiful dot td to adams. 

for how bad the defense played they still gave offense the ball with a chance to win iirc like every other week this year. 

• Like 1

At some point during this horrific start, someone needs to be held accountable that's for sure. We're finding anew way to lose every game. This falls squarely on the head coach, only he can find a way to fix it and if he can't then he properly should be on the hot seat. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Those pi’s made me think of after the chargers game and adams said he should’ve fought that deep int and turned it into a pi. Even the adams 1st td was lofted and made the catch a lot closer than it should’ve been.

We all know kc is crazy in the 3rd like golden state warriors. Would be nice if offense could help stop the bleeding during their weekly droughts. We’re improving at least we scored and didn’t have a total 2nd half donut. Carr finally returned in 4th on that beautiful dot td to adams. 

for how bad the defense played they still gave offense the ball with a chance to win iirc like every other week this year. 

yeah, honestly Im not mad at the D for last night. 
It sucks, but once KC gets momentum, you know they become very tough to stop, even for good Ds. 
They stopped them enough, and gave us a chance. 

Our D, for how our team is structured, did their job last night. 
Just some bad penalties (teamer end of half), phantom penalties (Koonce FG), and missed opportunties.
Adams needs to get his feet in bounds at the end, yes its not the best throw, but 100% should of been caught. 

If caught we are all smiling in here today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

yeah, honestly Im not mad at the D for last night. 
It sucks, but once KC gets momentum, you know they become very tough to stop, even for good Ds. 
They stopped them enough, and gave us a chance. 

Our D, for how our team is structured, did their job last night. 
Just some bad penalties (teamer end of half), phantom penalties (Koonce FG), and missed opportunties.
Adams needs to get his feet in bounds at the end, yes its not the best throw, but 100% should of been caught. 

If caught we are all smiling in here today

This. Fwiw game should’ve been over then koonce flag. Refs took the game over. Part of me wonders how the game would’ve gone with fair reffing if they gave kc that fumble. Iirc we didn’t get a td out of that drive. 

• Like 2

It's 🧊 cold

He will get 3 seasons. Davis isn't going to knee jerk this hire due to a slow start. He knows Gruden/Mayock left a lot of holes on this roster with poor drafts and FA signings. While this team has some talent, they also need to retool a bad roster especially on defense. 

They have been competitive each week against a tough schedule. Just a matter of putting it all together now. They have a winnable stretch of games coming up off the bye.

Personally, I like what I am seeing in McDaniels. I think he finishes strong and we can put this talk to rest. Most his detractors are fans who hate "the Patriot way" and would find a problem anywhere. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with the first part.  Our D has been a complete embarrassment and PG should be fired if he cant turn this around after the bye.  I watched the game last night and allowing four TD's to Kelce is worthy of being fired in itself.  They have one legit threat in the RZ and that is Kelce who was allowed to roam free and gash us for a record setting game. 

Graham can only call the defense. The players have to execute it. I'm tired of blaming the DC year after year when they have an absolute no talent on that side of the ball. The expectations here are out of control. 

Can some calls be better, sure. But man it's hard when you have several liabilities in your defense that can be attacked. There is no pass rush save Maxx and nobody in the secondary can consistently make plays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Graham can only call the defense. The players have to execute it. I'm tired of blaming the DC year after year when they have an absolute no talent on that side of the ball. The expectations here are out of control. 

Can some calls be better, sure. But man it's hard when you have several liabilities in your defense that can be attacked. There is no pass rush save Maxx and nobody in the secondary can consistently make plays. 

This was often a viable excuse in the past but we actually have some players no D now. Crosby is a budding all-pro, Nate Hobbs is a legit CB1, Perryman is a great thumper, Chandler Jones has the ability to produce, Moehrig is a rock solid S, Ya-Sin is a serviceable vet, Abram actually has his moments now, etc.

We're not the Eagles talent level of course but on paper this Defense should be better than it has been. It's not solely on Graham but I'm not putting this on the talent level like I have in the past.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This was often a viable excuse in the past but we actually have some players no D now. Crosby is a budding all-pro, Nate Hobbs is a legit CB1, Perryman is a great thumper, Chandler Jones has the ability to produce, Moehrig is a rock solid S, Ya-Sin is a serviceable vet, Abram actually has his moments now, etc.

We're not the Eagles talent level of course but on paper this Defense should be better than it has been. It's not solely on Graham but I'm not putting this on the talent level like I have in the past.

It's difficult to incorporate a ton new pieces into a new scheme on the fly against playoff teams for the first 5 weeks of the season. Has the defense been great? No. But it has been serviceable, we've given up 24, 23, 24, 23, and 30 over the first five weeks of the season. 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes, the players have to execute. 

They're also confined to the scheme he runs- and I'm not seeing much different from the last PG we had. 

During the game, it was being mentioned- we keep going away, inexplicably, from what works. We design really bizarre coverages. And Graham has shown absolutely zero ability to make any sort of positive adjustment. How many times did Kelce need to score on us? 

That's been a weekly thing under Graham, and it's been his track record. 

The offense from week 1 to now has show incremental improvement. Blocking is getting better, the run game has practically erupted, and the pass game has mostly followed suit. It looks like a work in progress, progress being the key word. 

The defense doesn't look like it has made any strides in terms of situational football on the field or in the design and play calling from the sideline. It doesn't look like a work in progress more than it just looks like an incompetent mess. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's difficult to incorporate a ton new pieces into a new scheme on the fly against playoff teams for the first 5 weeks of the season. Has the defense been great? No. But it has been serviceable, we've given up 24, 23, 24, 23, and 30 over the first five weeks of the season. 

Points are down across the league this year. 
We are bottom 5 in ppg allowed. 

Laughable that that is serviceable, but we rip on our O, which has been top 10. . . 

17 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Points are down across the league this year. 
We are bottom 5 in ppg allowed. 

Laughable that that is serviceable, but we rip on our O, which has been top 10. . . 

Our top 10 offense hasn't been able to outscore 24, 23, etc. lol 

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Just off the due theory Raiders should win if they come out flat then… Will “losing the locker room “  chat start ?

I'd say it's a 50/50 risk, to be honest. 

We've won one game, barely, against an opponent that may genuinely be one of the worst teams in the league with a coach and team being actively boo'd in-game by home fans. 

We've already had players-only meetings, Mark had a private meeting with Josh, and key players are starting to get visibly frustrated following losses. 

Adams very well may be suspended. Even Carr's press conference last night seemed like he was trying to convince everyone that he believes in the process of McDaniels....and it was only sort of believable, particularly once he mentioned the team taking a step back from last year (and right now a step is a bit of an understatement, especially considering our opponents so far). 

Whether justified or not, a lot of this roster just made the playoffs off of a rollercoaster **** show of a season and had reason for optimism with holes being addressed and playmakers added. They're not going to remain content as the season slips away, especially when it's felt like it was doing so from the opening week. 

The Texans have holes, they're not a "good" team, but they're also not totally awful. They've been well coached and competitive this year, punching above their weight class. A win isn't a given. 

The Saints, at home here in New Orleans, on Halloween is no gimme. If they keep playing Dalton, they're not going to make a ton of mistakes and they're not totally awful. 

The Jaguars, at home, look vastly improved this year and aren't going to be a walk in the park either. 

2-6, even 1-7 are very real possibilities, and while the Broncos look bad they're not talentless and will be on deck soon,  followed by Seattle who looks solid and the Chargers again. 

2-6, 1-7, that could easily wind up 1-11, 2-10, 3-9. 

And we'll have played only 1 team that isn't:

A. In a rebuild

B. With a coach on the hot seat

And/or

C. Has Matt Ryan's corpse playing QB

While we won't know until we get there, losing the locker room is absolutely a risk at this point if things don't turn around. The negatives will eventually snowball, and even the leadership guys in the locker room are going to have an axe to grind given how many of them didn't want a new HC and regime and likely swallowed the bitter pill under a premise that we'd step forward and not backwards into the cellar.