How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

The biggest thing, ive ackknowledged many times, the O needs to improve.

You are telling me our D does not. 

-
Me, our O and D needs to get better
You - our bottom 5 D, is serviceable, and not the issue with this team. 

The defense can definitely improve, we need to be consistent half to half. I just don't think it's likely because we have limited depth and our pass rush is non-existent outside of Crosby. The offense has had a chance to win the game in all four of our losses after the defense gave them the ball late. We haven't had any late game scenarios where the offense scored to take the lead and the defense blew it. It has been exclusively the other way around. 

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Agreed context matters. 
Our O, along / (Mainly) with Carlson, have been keeping us in games as our D gives up the 5th most points in the league.  (Do you agree with this?)
If we scored more, and were a top 5 O, wed be potentially 5-0.  (Do you agree with this?)
If wed given up less, and were a bottom 10 D instead of bottom 5, wed be potentially 5-0.  (Do you agree here?)

Literally everyone has blamed the O and Carr many many times, but to just be complacent with a bottom 5 PPG D is crazy. 

It's just funny you keep saying the defense is bottom 5 when it lacks context. Our defense is giving up 24.8 ppg, if it only accounted for points the defense allowed, removing that one Cardinals defensive TD would take us from 28th to 22nd. And literally half the league is allowing between 23-26 PPG so far this season. We can have one good week and literally jump into the top 15, lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The defense can definitely improve, we need to be consistent half to half. I just don't think it's likely because we have limited depth and our pass rush is non-existent outside of Crosby. The offense has had a chance to win the game in all four of our losses after the defense gave them the ball late. We haven't had any late game scenarios where the offense scored to take the lead and the defense blew it. It has been exclusively the other way around. 

well id say giving up 8 points, to an 18 play, 73 yard drive as time expires is definitely the D blowing it.

KC I think they held their own, and did enough for us to win. 

Tenn - they played a great second half, after just about as bad of a start as you can see. 3 Touchdown drives of 70 + yards. 
Ill give D credit for a great second half, but, I also think Tenn changed their gameplan a bit, and was trying to kill clock. Something we normaly do, and it backfires ha

Chargers - D was incredible the second half

This argument is hilarious. It's both guys. 

Neither unit has been consistent. The Offense has sputtered in games behind an Oline that is making a lot of mistakes. The Defense hasn't been consistent because they can't put pressure on the QB. 

The 2 areas we all said would be a problem back in March are apparent now. Both the Oline and Dline lack talent and it's showing up throughout games.

If you can't control the LOS consistently, you will continue to have execution issues  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's just funny you keep saying the defense is bottom 5 when it lacks context. Our defense is giving up 24.8 ppg, if it only accounted for points the defense allowed, removing that one Cardinals defensive TD would take us from 28th to 22nd. And literally half the league is allowing between 23-26 PPG so far this season. We can have one good week and literally jump into the top 15, lol. 

yeah i mean I dont know how many other teams have had points put up against their O, thats a tough number to find. 

It would take us from 28th to 22nd if you remove the scores against our O, but dont do that for any other team, agreed. 

It is far from perfect, Ill give you that. But the D, doesnt pass my eye test. 

18 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yeah i mean I dont know how many other teams have had points put up against their O, thats a tough number to find. 

It would take us from 28th to 22nd if you remove the scores against our O, but dont do that for any other team, agreed. 

It is far from perfect, Ill give you that. But the D, doesnt pass my eye test. 

I wonder if the removal of the black hole effected out rdz def and off

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The game on the line...

Defense: 4 stops

Offense: Choked 4 times 

You guys act like we're just giving up 40 balls every game. We've given up 24, 23, 23, 24, and 30 in 5 games this year. 

cant get a stop in the redzone, giving up 18 play drives keeping offense off the field and such. 

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Neither unit has been consistent. The Offense has sputtered in games behind an Oline that is making a lot of mistakes. The Defense hasn't been consistent because they can't put pressure on the QB. 

The 2 areas we all said would be a problem back in March are apparent now. Both the Oline and Dline lack talent and it's showing up throughout games.

If you can't control the LOS consistently, you will continue to have execution issues  

this is where im at, both sides need to be better. Still havent played a complete game on either side. But some guys on here completely ignore whats going on defense. We dont create turnovers, we cant stop a nose bleed in the redzone. And on offense, we are **** in the redzone, these are our main issues. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

cant get a stop in the redzone, giving up 18 play drives keeping offense off the field and such. 

We literally got stops in all four of our losses when we needed too though. Our top 10 offense couldn't score with the ball and a chance to tie or take the lead. Literally in every late game situation when the game was on the line this season our defense has gotten a stop and the offense hasn't been able to capitalize, lol. 

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Neither unit has been consistent. But for four straight games the defense has gotten a big stop when they needed too. I mean I don't see how you can criticize the defense when they've given the offense a chance to win every game the entire season. 

41 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

well id say giving up 8 points, to an 18 play, 73 yard drive as time expires is definitely the D blowing it.

KC I think they held their own, and did enough for us to win. 

Tenn - they played a great second half, after just about as bad of a start as you can see. 3 Touchdown drives of 70 + yards. 
Ill give D credit for a great second half, but, I also think Tenn changed their gameplan a bit, and was trying to kill clock. Something we normaly do, and it backfires ha

Chargers - D was incredible the second half

Overall our defense hasn't been great but in clutch moments they've been better then the offense and have made winning plays to give us a chance. The offense has been better overall but has struggled in the clutch. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We literally got stops in all four of our losses when we needed too though. Our top 10 offense couldn't score with the ball and a chance to tie or take the lead. Literally in every late game situation when the game was on the line this season our defense has gotten a stop and the offense hasn't been able to capitalize, lol. 

We’ve had leads the defense has given Up too! So…