How πŸ”₯ is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Styrian Raider said:

Well, you can't expect from a head coach, that he never gets fired.
Andy Reid was fired from the eagles aswell.

That's true but you hire someone from the Patriots coaching tree to emulate their success and win championships, none of BB's coaching tree has even gotten close to a SB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true but you hire someone from the Patriots coaching tree to emulate their success and win championships, none of BB's coaching tree has even gotten close to a SB.

That's a general valid argument - Right now there's every season someone from the Kyle Shanahan tree hired to bring them success and win championships.

Just now, Styrian Raider said:

That's a general valid argument - Right now there's every season someone from the Kyle Shanahan tree hired to bring them success and win championships.

That's true but I think the Patriots coaching tree is a little different because all of their assistants were with arguably the greatest head coach and the greatest QB in NFL history.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That's true but I think the Patriots coaching tree is a little different because all of their assistants were with arguably the greatest head coach and the greatest QB in NFL history.

The expectation from a BB assistant is for sure higher than it is from any other coach. That maybe leads to less patience for those guys and to a higher "fire-rate". idk.

Realistically i think you can't just recreate success without all the little puzzle pieces in place. And sometimes you're just lucky with the circumstances.
Nobody expected that a 6th round pick called Tom Brady, comes in for an injured Drew Beldsoe and the rest is history.
This will never happen again and you also can't recreate that.

Same goes probably for the Chiefs and Mahomes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Realistically i think you can't just recreate success without all the little puzzle pieces in place. And sometimes you're just lucky with the circumstances.

I think the biggest thing for any head coach is to go somewhere that you're paired with an excellent general manager. Kyle Shanahan's success is largely in part to the roster that John Lynch has built there.

Β 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think the biggest thing for any head coach is to go somewhere that you're paired with an excellent general manager. Kyle Shanahan's success is largely in part to the roster that John Lynch has built there.

Β 

Roster building and Kyle's history.Β 

He was an assistant under some guys who, in hindsight, were pretty good at building up teams. Unlike some guys, he didn't just coach under his dad til his shot came. He's inextricably linked to the Mike Shanahan tree, but he's also spent time with other coaches. I think that's a huge bonus, and something a lot of Patriots assistants lack.Β 

As mentioned above, Bledsoe went down and the rest is likely history that will never be repeated. A lot of assistants rode that wave, but never had to learn different styles or how to stand on their own two feet.Β 

Not just a Pats thing, btw. I think most people who spend time under a few good HC mentors likely stand a better shot long term than those who came up under a single regime. I think very highly of Pete Carroll, but his assistants that cut their teeth with Seattle have been pretty meh as HCs or even just assistants elsewhere.Β 

Edited by ronjon1990

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Roster building and Kyle's history.Β 

He was an assistant under some guys who, in hindsight, were pretty good at building up teams. Unlike some guys, he didn't just coach under his dad til his shot came. He's inextricably linked to the Mike Shanahan tree, but he's also spent time with other coaches. I think that's a huge bonus, and something a lot of Patriots assistants lack.Β 

As mentioned above, Bledsoe went down and the rest is likely history that will never be repeated. A lot of assistants rode that wave, but never had to learn different styles or how to stand on their own two feet.Β 

Not just a Pats thing, btw. I think most people who spend time under a few good HC mentors likely stand a better shot long term than those who came up under a single regime. I think very highly of Pete Carroll, but his assistants that cut their teeth with Seattle have been pretty meh as HCs or even just assistants elsewhere.Β 

That's very true, Kyle also showed that he could have success with different types of QBs. It's tough to really judge someone when most of their success came with Brady.Β 

• Like 1

Watched a little of SB pre-stuff talking about 'coaching' (X's and O's/ players coaches etc) and Jimmy Johnson talking about being a dictator on the field (winning is all that matters) but knowing players off the field so that they'd run through a wall for you... Josh MCDaniels really doesn't seem like the kind of coach players would run through a wall for. After Denver that was obvious and BB was the coach players believed in and Josh was the X's and O's guy for the Pats. The moment I changed the channel I realized were screwed for a long time. UGHHH...Hope I'm wrong...

That seat should be heating up a bit given the Carr debacle we’ve just witnessed.

The team has to at least look like it’s heading in the right direction and the draft has to be good I would think or McDaniels will find himself running out of road and good will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G said:

Watched a little of SB pre-stuff talking about 'coaching' (X's and O's/ players coaches etc) and Jimmy Johnson talking about being a dictator on the field (winning is all that matters) but knowing players off the field so that they'd run through a wall for you... Josh MCDaniels really doesn't seem like the kind of coach players would run through a wall for. After Denver that was obvious and BB was the coach players believed in and Josh was the X's and O's guy for the Pats. The moment I changed the channel I realized were screwed for a long time. UGHHH...Hope I'm wrong...

Your not wrong at all. Β I knew we were screwed the moment we signed McDaniels. Β And everything that’s happened in under a year just proves to me I was right.

sadly, I think McDaniels end up drafting a QB after failing to get Rodgers. Β That will get him next year (β€˜23) and barely into β€˜24. Β He’ll get fired before the season ends in β€˜24 and we’ll be left not knowing if our QB is the future plus the new staff will want their own guy. Β We’ll be in another full rebuild.

so…. Yeah I can’t wait for β€˜25 when I *might* again have hope for the team. Β Honestly, I’d never root for another team but I just feel like I’m going to have to make football less important in my life. Β That readily saddens me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your not wrong at all. Β I knew we were screwed the moment we signed McDaniels. Β And everything that’s happened in under a year just proves to me I was right.

sadly, I think McDaniels end up drafting a QB after failing to get Rodgers. Β That will get him next year (β€˜23) and barely into β€˜24. Β He’ll get fired before the season ends in β€˜24 and we’ll be left not knowing if our QB is the future plus the new staff will want their own guy. Β We’ll be in another full rebuild.

so…. Yeah I can’t wait for β€˜25 when I *might* again have hope for the team. Β Honestly, I’d never root for another team but I just feel like I’m going to have to make football less important in my life. Β That readily saddens me.

The classic..

2 hours ago, Angleae said:

We're screwed as long a bowl cut owns the team.

https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/las-vegas-aces-circumventing-wnba-salary-cap-allegations/

If Mark can afford to pay WNBA players extra under the table maybeΒ 

1) he can afford to spend enough to make us a good team, even if that means firing and still paying McD.

2) invest in hiring a business manager for this team and stepping away from the team.