How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Guess we are watching different games. 

How AZ,Tenn and KC were all games the Raiders should have won. I put the blame mostly on the coaches. The players also get a good amount of blame but stupid calls on both sides of the ball killed the Raiders.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

If kc had the weapons we had id except them to score every quarter even if it’s a fg, not every possession. 

I think we should, with the weapons we have be more consistent, I don’t expect whole barren halves of football but can accept the odd quarter where we don’t trouble the scoreboard. It should be the odd one though, not regular. I think we are improving however and really liked the balance and Playcalling against Kansas. Our execution should improve and I honestly think we’ll be happy with the offence by year end.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, big_palooka said:

This argument is hilarious. It's both guys. 

Neither unit has been consistent. The Offense has sputtered in games behind an Oline that is making a lot of mistakes. The Defense hasn't been consistent because they can't put pressure on the QB. 

The 2 areas we all said would be a problem back in March are apparent now. Both the Oline and Dline lack talent and it's showing up throughout games.

If you can't control the LOS consistently, you will continue to have execution issues  

This! 👍🏼

The good thing is I think the offence is gradually getting it together and becoming more synchronised plus Jones has started stepping up and helping Crosby. The OLine is not a liability it was first game so we should improve week on week from here. 

We do have a couple weak areas we all know but these areas can be addressed. I’m optimistic 😀

On 10/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Raiders have to give him all the help he needs. Josh lost 3 games because of poor game management.

I don’t really agree with this sorry. I think we lost due to execution and mistakes.

San Diego we lost because of missed TD throws and bad Interceptions by the QB.

Arizona a bad fumble effectively cost us the chance for a game winning FG. We did go too conservative but still should have won.

Tennessee we lost because of some bad drops which should have been simple TDs.

KC was a terrible ref call, playing a great team and Adams bobbling the ball plus the last play the receivers ran into each other. 

Could JMcD be better and improve game management? Yep, absolutely, and he should probably have run more the first couple games but I don’t think he lost us those games. They were basic player mistakes I feel. I’m not defending McDaniels at all costs as I really didn’t like the hire at the time and wanted Harbaugh or David Shaw, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and think we will be a good team when we get it together. Execution is improving, probably it was unrealistic to think we’d just have a super smooth transition.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think we should, with the weapons we have be more consistent, I don’t expect whole barren halves of football but can accept the odd quarter where we don’t trouble the scoreboard. It should be the odd one though, not regular. I think we are improving however and really liked the balance and Playcalling against Kansas. Our execution should improve and I honestly think we’ll be happy with the offence by year end.

I thought the offense was beginning to look very good against KC despite the issues on the OL (cough Eluemenor cough) and being on a 3rs string TE. 

That is, until the last couple of drives. Josh panicked and the play calling showed. 

But for the most part, it looked like something was starting to come together. 

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 4:57 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

How AZ,Tenn and KC were all games the Raiders should have won. I put the blame mostly on the coaches. The players also get a good amount of blame but stupid calls on both sides of the ball killed the Raiders.

This. Except I’m putting this on jmd. He likes to pass when we should be running and run when we should be passing. Esp when we’re up and in the rdz. I hate when we’re up and jmd is like cool let’s pass like crazy then we get the under 1 min 3 n outs going. When you’re up you run the ball eat clock. Then jmd basically out coaches himself. Jmd doesn’t know how to close out games. Game/ clock management esp with a lead is suspect. Last year we won cause jacobs closed games iirc. Sure there’s variables like drops, refs, missed tackles but imo these games have been closer than they should’ve been. Better game management and we’re 4-1 imo. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I don’t really agree with this sorry. I think we lost due to execution and mistakes.

San Diego we lost because of missed TD throws and bad Interceptions by the QB.

Arizona a bad fumble effectively cost us the chance for a game winning FG. We did go too conservative but still should have won.

Tennessee we lost because of some bad drops which should have been simple TDs.

KC was a terrible ref call, playing a great team and Adams bobbling the ball plus the last play the receivers ran into each other. 

Could JMcD be better and improve game management? Yep, absolutely, and he should probably have run more the first couple games but I don’t think he lost us those games. They were basic player mistakes I feel. I’m not defending McDaniels at all costs as I really didn’t like the hire at the time and wanted Harbaugh or David Shaw, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and think we will be a good team when we get it together. Execution is improving, probably it was unrealistic to think we’d just have a super smooth transition.

Not a big fan of Josh either but he's here for at lest 2 more years so the Raiders have to help him out even if he doesn't want It

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I might as well bump this one since it is a discussion deserving debate right now.  If we can not come out and beat the Jags next week the seat is getting warm and the playoff door is 98% shut.

I think 2 meetings with any owner for 2 embarrassing losses in less than a half season of football is grounds for a seat already being warm. 

This team was not the 11+ win team we hoped. 

This team isn't the 8-9 win team that may get a lick extra win or two its talent level would indicate. 

This team is a team that really shouldn't be favored in any games ahead of us and could very well be lucky to break 4 wins. 

Even the most pessimistic fans had us as a mediocre team to start the season. Nobody had us as potential top 5 pick level bad, certainly not Mark Davis. 

• Like 1

I think McDaniels gets another year unless the players like Carr, Adams tell Mark to fire him. It's a 3 year window so I say it's not that hot because we've been so dysfunctional in the past that we need to establish continuity but if the players call for the change, then I'm all for it. If behind closed doors they are calling for it now then that would explain why we look so bad. Too much talent and many losses could have been wins but our record is a reflection of something needing to be fixed. Maybe Mark needs a new hair style. Lets give him a Mohawk.

1 hour ago, G said:

I think McDaniels gets another year unless the players like Carr, Adams tell Mark to fire him. It's a 3 year window so I say it's not that hot because we've been so dysfunctional in the past that we need to establish continuity but if the players call for the change, then I'm all for it. If behind closed doors they are calling for it now then that would explain why we look so bad. Too much talent and many losses could have been wins but our record is a reflection of something needing to be fixed. Maybe Mark needs a new hair style. Lets give him a Mohawk.

I think McDaniels might try to make Carr his scapegoat. I put my tin foil hat on a few weeks back and said McDaniels is going to try and get rid of Carr.  It is a long shot but he may be forced to make Davis pick between him and Carr to try and save his job.  If the defense was the only weak link he could have just fired Graham for the slow start and saved his job.

• Like 1