Week 6: NY Jets vs GB Packers

Bobby816

We're coming in hot and GB just came off a loss in UK vs NYG. The traveling from UK to GB might have a toll on GB. They have several days to recoup but jetlag is a legit thing.

Here are our rankings on offense

NYJ: 12th in total offense, 9th in passing, 24th in rushing, 11th in scoring

GB: 9th in total offense, 20th in passing, 11th in rushing, 22nd in scoring

On defense

NYJ: 10th in total defense, 10th in passing D, 16th in Rush D, 19th in scoring

GB: 5th in total defense, 2nd in passing D, 21st in Rush D, 11th in scoring

So it's a pretty even matchup on paper.

For us to win I think we cant rely on Aaron making mistakes. We can try and feast off the young WRs making mistakes, but  not him. We HAVE TO stop Jones and Dillon to win this one. It's that simple. We also cant let Rodgers get the ball to finish the game with a chance to win. He's done that too many times to hope he fails.

On offense we need to keep running the ball like we did last week. I thin our rushing O is better than the stats say bc we are just getting to close to a healthy OL. So we can hopefully score and move the chains. 

Prediction

NYJ: 27

GB: 20

We need to do exactly what the Giants did.  Limit the Packers to ~100 or less rush yards and make guys like Randall Cobb beat us.  Then we rush the ball more than they did and Zach does the exact same thing he did the past two weeks.  Smart plays and convert when needed.  We don't need him to try and go toe to toe with Rodgers.  Breece and MC should combine for 25-30 carries.  Carl, JFM and Q need to continue their great play from the 4th quarter.  Barring a Joyner meltdown, I don't see Reed and Sauce giving up anything.

Toughest matchup we'll have faced all year to this point but the Packers are not unbeatable like they used to be. Rodgers misses his buddy Adams badly and like others are saying we need to force their WR's to beat our DB's, and someone needs to account for Aaron Jones in the passing game. We may be a 4th quarter team this year. Rodgers probably isn't the guy you want to get into a 4th quarter showdown with. I can't see the Packers coming off a loss dropping another one at home no less. I think their run game will prove too much for our front seven to handle and they won't make the same mistakes the Browns did when Chubb ran it down the gut. If this becomes a negative game script for us at Lambeau, that's going to make things increasingly difficult because the Packers should be able to execute the 7 minute and 4 minute offense. I'm hoping with all of our new offensive firepower that we can continue to keep up with anyone and stay competitive in every game. We have more weapons overall which could be the X-factor.

GB - 30

NYJ - 26

Edited by jetjuice

7 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

How on Earth are we 10th in total defence? We look so shaky.

I thought the same thing but the closer you look we've been decent.  We had some real bad breaks in two keys areas that I think will return to the median (3rd down defense and red zone defense).  We've had horrible luck with teams beating good pressure form the DL and good coverage with just great plays on third down.  We've also been one of the worst teams in the RZ giving up TDs and not FGs.  I really think this is an opportunistic defense that should keep the TOs coming but also one that with just a slight regression to the mean in those key areas we'll be much better.

I'm more impressed by the offense.  If we can keep the scoring drives sustainable it will keep the defense fresh which is the most important thing.

23 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

How on Earth are we 10th in total defence? We look so shaky.

That’s just yardage, field position plays a huge role in that and our special teams has been excellent at flipping the field. Our DVOA ranking is a bit more in line. Defense isn’t awful but it’s hurting in a few areas. 

I think the Jets can do pretty well here. I'm not affraid of Aaron Rodgers. I think he is on a down swing. He can't carry a team like he use too. The run game is what this team has. Jones and Dillion are going to tear this D up. i think it will be run heavy on both sides of the ball. I see a low score run the ball a lot situation. 

The Jets go into half down 3-10. The 3rd is a killer here. The Jets are down 6-17 starting the 4th. The Jets come back with a Hall run for 25 yard TD run. 13-17. The jets get a stop and push down the field and Wilson to Wilson send the game. 20-17.

Jets 20

GB 17

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s just yardage, field position plays a huge role in that and our special teams has been excellent at flipping the field. Our DVOA ranking is a bit more in line. Defense isn’t awful but it’s hurting in a few areas. 

Yeah DVOA is a much more accurate barometer. With JJ likely out, our third down DL should really be  Lawson, JFM, QW and Huff and I would run more stunts especially with Lawson and JFM if they are next to each other. Let Huff just rip off the ball. I really hope we start going DB heavy on 3rd down D and start sending on more occasions than we do. Also have to find a way to limit the run on early downs. Kwon has been good at getting big stops, Mosley has really been struggling on both inside runs and in the passing game. Love his leadership but he really has been a misfit for this scheme. 

This game scares me. We CANNOT just sit in zone this weekend and rush 4, Rodgers will literally pick us apart. This needs to be a man heavy week and we need to mix in blitzes instead of relying on just the front 4. 

On offense I hope we continue to feed Hall the ball and more RPOs in the passing game. Also really like the 21 personnel from the gun concept and we can absolutely build off those looks we saw on the goal-line even at different areas of the field. Not ready to predict this game yet. I haven't been right all year so I may have to pull a Jeremiah and keep picking against us. 

GB defense is ripe for the picking.  If we can somehow jump out to a lead and force them to pass more we'll be in good shape.  I do think we can slide Whitehead down into the box more to run blitz and leave our CBs one on one.  I'll take that matchup all day.  

I think we really match up well and there seems to be some turmoil after the Giants loss in the locker room. 

GB is known for not being able to stop the run but they are also giving up 100+ QB rating on the year and the QB list they played is not good.  This should be a game where we can put up points if Zack is on his game. 

15 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

While I agree on getting Moore more involved, ⅓ of Hall's yards came on one play.

True but he has been way more productive. The whole " Moore is always open" narrative is kinda BS. If hes open, he'd be getting the ball. Davis runs a lot of longer developing routes too and gets open and gets the ball. Moore could of had a nice sideline catch but bad awareness with his toes out of bounds on a perfectly place ball. Needs to be better. We have hyped this man up way too much. Hes WR3 on this team. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

True but he has been way more productive. The whole " Moore is always open" narrative is kinda BS. If hes open, he'd be getting the ball. Davis runs a lot of longer developing routes too and gets open and gets the ball. Moore could of had a nice sideline catch but bad awareness with his toes out of bounds on a perfectly place ball. Needs to be better. We have hyped this man up way too much. Hes WR3 on this team. 

Everyone thinks you and I hate both Moore and Q, even Mosley.  We just happen to be the only ones who are honest about them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

In the pecking order sure but he has the ability to be WR1 if we fed him the ball like we did with Davis / Wilson.  There's just not enough balls to go around on a run first team to sustain three 1k WRs especially when you are getting your TE and RBs involved in the passing game at the rate we are.  We aren't slinging it 40+ times a game so someone has to suffer and right now it's Moore.

Please don't let his lack of opportunities could your judgement on him.  He's a low end WR1 / high end WR2 in the NFL.  Victim of circumstance not lack of talent.