Week 6: NY Jets vs GB Packers

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Everyone thinks you and I hate both Moore and Q, even Mosley.  We just happen to be the only ones who are honest about them.

Agreed. of the 3 I will admit that Q has impressed me the most by far. he's a dog. I acknowledge we need him. I just want a more consistent showing, this year so far he has been more consistent.

I think Jetxfactor is a great site, but the clips they showed up Moore being open were all borderline and some even down right false. I think Moore has actually been playing a little lazy. He looks pissed off and unhappy. It could be nothing but something to follow if he continues to not produce.

Mosley just is a square peg in a round hole. He plays hard and hes a good leader but hes a culprit in our run stopping and cannot cover anyone. 

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

In the pecking order sure but he has the ability to be WR1 if we fed him the ball like we did with Davis / Wilson.  There's just not enough balls to go around on a run first team to sustain three 1k WRs especially when you are getting your TE and RBs involved in the passing game at the rate we are.  We aren't slinging it 40+ times a game so someone has to suffer and right now it's Moore.

Please don't let his lack of opportunities could your judgement on him.  He's a low end WR1 / high end WR2 in the NFL.  Victim of circumstance not lack of talent.

His talent is not being questioned but potentially his work ethic and heart. He has looked lazy at times. Make the QB go to you. That is what makes you a WR1. If you're burning your man, you're going to see the ball. Zach extends plays, work back to the ball. Wilson does it. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

His talent is not being questioned but potentially his work ethic and heart. He has looked lazy at times. Make the QB go to you. That is what makes you a WR1. If you're burning your man, you're going to see the ball. Zach extends plays, work back to the ball. Wilson does it. 

Zach is getting the ball out quicker not every play is a broken scramble.  When you are #3-4 in the pecking order you targets are limited and you aren't catching every target so being in his position the numbers just aren't going to pop.  Zach just isn't looking his way first most times he'll hit one or two reads then check it down to the RB/TE.  Everything about Moore is the opposite of having poor work ethic from what you hear about him so hard for me to jump on board with that.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed. of the 3 I will admit that Q has impressed me the most by far. he's a dog. I acknowledge we need him. I just want a more consistent showing, this year so far he has been more consistent.

I think Jetxfactor is a great site, but the clips they showed up Moore being open were all borderline and some even down right false. I think Moore has actually been playing a little lazy. He looks pissed off and unhappy. It could be nothing but something to follow if he continues to not produce.

Mosley just is a square peg in a round hole. He plays hard and hes a good leader but hes a culprit in our run stopping and cannot cover anyone. 

I don't have all-22 but I don't think Moore has been bad most games. He got absolutely blanketed in the Browns game running mostly sideline routes into man coverage. It was kinda odd usage but Moore didn't exactly inspire much either. The last couple of weeks I've noticed a handful of plays where Moore was killing it was a run blocker which is definitely important. I'm not worried about him, he'll grow with this offense as things open up a little more and pass protection improves. I also don't think he's the star that fans make him out to be but most fans don't see nuance. 

Quinnen I've always thought was terrific and this year is no change. Just been getting better as he's gotten more comfortable and confident.

Mosley is limited in his abilities. Definitely not the rangey type you want in this defense and it burns them sometimes, but he's also pretty good in some areas and is a positive force for the team. I'd like an upgrade but I don't think he's bad. I think your analysis is pretty spot on for him.

42 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Everyone thinks you and I hate both Moore and Q, even Mosley.  We just happen to be the only ones who are honest about them.

Q has been a top 5 DL in every single metric so far this season. He's been elite this year. 

Edited by Mattmanz

33 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Zach is getting the ball out quicker not every play is a broken scramble.  When you are #3-4 in the pecking order you targets are limited and you aren't catching every target so being in his position the numbers just aren't going to pop.  Zach just isn't looking his way first most times he'll hit one or two reads then check it down to the RB/TE.  Everything about Moore is the opposite of having poor work ethic from what you hear about him so hard for me to jump on board with that.  

Im not exactly ready do say he's not working hard enough yet myself, but I really hated his body language on the side line on a few plays. Im nit-picking, I acknowledge it, but I would love to see more from him. We need him. 

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Im not exactly ready do say he's not working hard enough yet myself, but I really hated his body language on the side line on a few plays. Im nit-picking, I acknowledge it, but I would love to see more from him. We need him. 

When you across the league at the Shanahan system and receivers in it it says a lot IMO. 

49ers, Vikings, Rams, Bengals, Packers, Falcons, Titans, Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks, Broncos, Bears all run some form of this system and off the top of my head the only teams where the WR's are heavily utilized are the Bengals/Dolphins. They've catered the system directly to how the QB thrived in college. 

Even if we did that with Zach he was a guy who spread it out. 

I this may have the potential to be a shoot out. I really want to win this one so we don't have to hear the " See what happens when they play a starting QB!" narrative. But I have Packers winning 27-20. For us to win this game, I think we'll need a defensive TD and a 300yd+ game from Wilson or Hall breakout game. 

Game plan should be similar to that of when we played CLE. That we know we have to stop the run. We failed that week and still managed to win. Rodgers wont let us win a game like that. But I also think we can contain their run better than we contained CLE. I also expect us to be run 1st and control the clock more. I don’t see it as crazy high scoring bc I think both teams will run the ball to try and win, which moves the game along too fast to put up a ton of points normally.

Rodgers has a thumb injury on his throwing hand. So if we can hit him and make him uncomfortable and make him get rid of the ball faster than he wants... this can be key for us. Having the pass rush out there while also stopping the run will be tough. Since their passing game doesn't scare me much... I'd like to see our Ss playing closer to the line in this one to add more guys to tackle Jones and Dillon. I like our chances of Reed, Sauce and MC2 holding their own against Lazard, Cobb and Doubs/Watson.

Good stat I recently saw.  The Jets are the only team in the NFL with 4 pass catchers over 200 yards

Davis - 299

Wilson - 282

Hall - 213

Moore - 203

Conklin is 8 yards out too.  Just goes to show you how well they are spreading the ball around.  Make it that much harder to defend when you can't key on 1 or 2 guys.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Rodgers has a thumb injury on his throwing hand. So if we can hit him and make him uncomfortable and make him get rid of the ball faster than he wants... this can be key for us. Having the pass rush out there while also stopping the run will be tough. Since their passing game doesn't scare me much... I'd like to see our Ss playing closer to the line in this one to add more guys to tackle Jones and Dillon. I like our chances of Reed, Sauce and MC2 holding their own against Lazard, Cobb and Doubs/Watson.

He practiced full and looked good in the clips I saw throwing.  Maybe not something you can see visually but hopefully it throws him off just a little thinking about it.  

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He practiced full and looked good in the clips I saw throwing.  Maybe not something you can see visually but hopefully it throws him off just a little thinking about it.  

Oh I think he'll be just fine. I just think if we can hit him and make him think about that hand. It can only be a good thing.