Week 6 GDT: San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

J-ALL-DAY

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not as simple as that. Ryans is bringing an extra man and Bosa is running a lot of stunts where he gets a single match up. Ryans mentioned this in his presser last week that part of the reason he has blitzed more than in the past is to get Bosa favorable match ups and not just allow teams to chip away at him.

That's why Ryans is going to be a great HC one day. Even though he had a successful formula, he is not scared to change it for better results. 

That's much more micro.  The ultimate result is that Ebukam gets doubled at a similar rate which is bad for opponents lol. The reason is immaterial because I'm just talking about the result.  Dallas blitzes at the same rate as Demeco and similarly, they get Micah in some advantageous positions (note Dorance Armstrong with the higher double team rate). Obviously these are good adjustments in the and  end that is probably why Quinn and Ryans will be head coaches next year. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's much more micro.  The ultimate result is that Ebukam gets doubled at a similar rate which is bad for opponents lol. The reason is immaterial because I'm just talking about the result.  Dallas blitzes at the same rate as Demeco and similarly, they get Micah in some advantageous positions (note Dorance Armstrong with the higher double team rate). Obviously these are good adjustments in the and  end that is probably why Quinn and Ryans will be head coaches next year. 

I mean yeah, but that was just to explain why Ebukam is facing more doubles or the same amount of doubles. Quinn has completely adjusted his scheme as well and has adapted which is a good sign for his future success. It got stale for him towards the end of his Falcons tenure and it didn't seem likely he would be getting a HC gig anytime soon. Well, that should change this offseason or the following. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he misses next week's game as well.

That's okay, we were probably going to lose that one anyway. Easier to stomach.

Would be rough to suffer another loss in a game we should win under normal circumstances thus week

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's okay, we were probably going to lose that one anyway. Easier to stomach.

Would be rough to suffer another loss in a game we should win under normal circumstances thus week

Bosa just does not seem like the guy that will rush back or push it when he knows there is a chance he make the injury worse. Groin injuries are always tough as they can linger for the entire season if no precaution is taken. So yeah, I'm expecting him back against the Rams or possibly the Chargers after the bye week. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa just does not seem like the guy that will rush back or push it when he knows there is a chance he make the injury worse. Groin injuries are always tough as they can linger for the entire season if no precaution is taken. So yeah, I'm expecting him back against the Rams or possibly the Chargers after the bye week. 

Definitely. That family is all business when it comes to the NFL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This team, especially the D-line, has a bunch of depth.  It would be silly to not use that depth to keep our best player healthy.  I think the team will be ok with Omenihu, Jackson, Ekubam, and Turay filling in for Bosa.  GIvens is playing really well on the inside of the line, and Ridgeway has been playing like a quality starter.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

According to PFF, there are only 17 Guards in the NFL that have played over 150 pass blocking snaps, given up less than 10 pressures, and have given up 0 sacks. Aaron Banks is one of them. In fact, he ranks 8th on this list. 

Grady Jarrett is tied for 3rd in pressures and 2nd in sacks for Interior DL. I'm really interested to see how Banks holds up against Jarrett.

Just random, but I wanted to see where Bosa ranked all time in playoff sacks and that man has been in the postseason TWICE in his career and ranks 20th already LOL. He has 8 sacks in 6 games which is only .5 less sacks than Lawrence Taylor had in his playoff career and four less than the great Reggie White. IF we make the playoffs and he has another run of like 4 sacks in three games or something to that extent, you can already make a case for Bosa being an ATG playoff performer and that will not be a hyperbole statement. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, the question is do they even activate him next week? That's the deadline for him right, if he is return to the team this season? Or do we have an additional week to decide that? 

It's weird because I think he was activated to practice last Wednesday? So we are at like 9 days on 3 week cap like halfway through.... But this is technically game two and next week would be game 3?

So I have no idea lol