State of the Steelers

warfelg

I saw a Jeremy Fowler report yesterday that said the Steelers are monitoring the Titans (Hopkins) and Jags (Christian Kirk) WR rooms ahead of the trade deadline. 

Hopkins has been discussed on here and he makes sense to me. Kirk as a 90% slot only player not as much. Although I would still take him and try to figure it out. He definitely can get open and has more juice better than anything else we have outside of Pickens. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think D-hop could be a good presence in the locker room for GP and Wilson.. while also helping on the field this year and maybe next..I hope they get him

what would we have to offer to land the trade for Hopkins ? 

whats his cap hit in 25? I don't understand the orange on spotrac, and thats what I see on there for Hopkins in 25' and void/UFA as well 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

what would we have to offer to land the trade for Hopkins ? 

whats his cap hit in 25? I don't understand the orange on spotrac, and thats what I see on there for Hopkins in 25' and void/UFA as well 

It is cheap for the Titans to trade Hopkins but the best they could get out of it would be a 6th but a 7th is more likely.  a $14M one season rental is not worth much

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

It is cheap for the Titans to trade Hopkins but the best they could get out of it would be a 6th but a 7th is more likely.  a $14M one season rental is not worth much

then this is a no brainer, Khan should get this done asap before someone else calls up the titans

then give Hopkins a new deal , maybe 2 years added onto this, does that seem about right? 

How much would Hopkins cost the cap for the 2 years after this year ?  I doubt he would lead the league in drops like Aiyuk either.

If we want to aim higher, Davante Adams is essentially on the last year of his deal. 0 guaranteed money after this season and if he's not cut he will be the highest paid WR in the league... so he's getting cut. Raiders could be motivated to get something for him at the deadline, or better yet should be motivated to. But it's the Raiders so who knows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Here's a good article about Fautanu's injury. I forgot Decastro had the same injury back in his rookie year in 2012. He injured his in the preseason and made it back by week 15. 

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/09/the-doctor-is-in-explaining-troy-fautanus-latest-knee-injury/

good article, but contradicting about the MCL.

still, it appears that 2 months will be the earliest, so  near seasons end. If the jone plays decent enough, then maybe this is a redshirt season for Fautanu.