Push Gate - Adams Charged with Misdemeanor assault

RaidersAreOne

Im not trying to even defend Adams here, its a terrible look for him. 

But a suspension, would be pretty wild. 
27 sexual assualt charges against Watson gets him 6 games?
1 push gets 1 game

So 1 push, is worse then 1 sexual assualt charge .

The NFL has a terrible way of disciplining players, and its because they only care if there are cameras. 
Leads to brutal, hypocrisy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

So the guy bobby wagner tackled is in the right too? 
For storming the field? 

He went to the hospital and contacted the police as well. 

^those 2 points alone shouldnt mean much in america. As people do it to make money. 

Two completely different situations.  One guy is doing his job but wrong place at the wrong time and the other guy was trespassing onto the field.  Who knows what was in the cannister and/or what his intentions were.  Wagner was helping security who would have done the same thing if they would have caught him first.  

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Two completely different situations.  One guy is doing his job but wrong place at the wrong time and the other guy was trespassing onto the field.  Who knows what was in the cannister and/or what his intentions were.  Wagner was helping security who would have done the same thing if they would have caught him first.  

just pointing out, that a police report and going to the hospital, dont just make the person in the right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Im not trying to even defend Adams here, its a terrible look for him. 

But a suspension, would be pretty wild. 
27 sexual assualt charges against Watson gets him 6 games?
1 push gets 1 game

So 1 push, is worse then 1 sexual assualt charge .

The NFL has a terrible way of disciplining players, and its because they only care if there are cameras. 
Leads to brutal, hypocrisy 

They do but if there was tape of Watson that was released he would have got more.  Like I said it is not about what I think is right or wrong.  It is about what I think will happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

just pointing out, that a police report and going to the hospital, dont just make the person in the right. 

I really wish this would not have happened.  We then could be discussing all the missed calls during the game.

• Like 1

haha definitely agree, that I wish it didnt happen. 
And I dont want to come off as just blindly letting a Raider off the hook.

But, this is not some crazy push. This is the camera guy being off balanced walking into Adams, who yes pushed him, but ive seen more aggressive pushes not even get called OPI. 

It was a split second reaction from Adams, and he looks terrible, and was the wrong reaction obviously. 

But if security comes up to him and says keep walking, dont escalate anything, just keep walking. 

then he was following rules, not helping the guy up. 
-
I just dont think the push warrants a suspension. 
Not helping the guy up, shouldnt be a part of the decision. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, there's a huge difference between suing someone for intentional battery and being damn near frivolous. 

Considering that people have legitimately died as a result of being pushed or punched, it's a worthwhile incentive, if only to make people hesitate before acting. 

Everyone seems fine with the multi billion industry hitting Adams with a fine that will line their own pockets. The camera guy is merely doing the same via the avenue available to him. 

I understand what you're trying to say, but the term "intentional battery" for this case is just ridiculous for that little push.

Nothing can change my mind about that.

But as I said before, he should get his fine and/or he should donate a little money for a good cause and that's it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I understand what you're trying to say, but the term "intentional battery" for this case is just ridiculous for that little push.

Nothing can change my mind about that.

But as I said before, he should get his fine and/or he should donate a little money for a good cause and that's it.

'Tis the law. 

Whether you like it or not. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

To many deflects in the thread. Adams shouldn't have done it. The guy is doing was he suppose to do. Get paid. He doesn't care if adams gets in trouble. He just wants his money. Adams got to be smarter. 

I honestly, think its sad, that many Americans think what they are supposed to do, is start a police report, go to a hospital, for any little interaction. 
Our police, and hospital workers are busy enough. 

-
Adams was wrong, agreed
Adams shouldnt of done it, agreed
Adamns needs to be smarter, agreed.

Camera man just doing the right thing trying to get paid, whole hardily disagree, and am sad so many people think like you. 

• Like 3