Push Gate - Adams Charged with Misdemeanor assault

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I worked in high security areas. And you right if somebody walks in the could be decked and arrested. But not every employee in the building is allowed to deck him. Security and and fsa can. But mailroom guy can't. Devante had no rights to push the guy. 

Also all this he ran in front of him on purpose stuff is getting real close to victim blaming. That slow mo video don't show him looking. He look like a nervous kid on the first day of a job that had no idea what he was doing. And since he was an assistant, I'm guessing the cameraman had probably already crossed the tunnel and he was trying to catch up. 

He filed a lawsuit for a concussion. Take it from me when I say he's full of ****.

Adams is not faultless here at all. But the guy who literally decided it would be a good idea to run in front of him, without even seeing where he was going, when it was a media restricted area is also an idiot.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He filed a lawsuit for a concussion. Take it from me when I say he's full of ****.

Adams is not faultless here at all. But the guy who literally decided it would be a good idea to run in front of him, without even seeing where he was going, when it was a media restricted area is also an idiot.

Disagree. Don't think he was an idiot. Think he was confused on his first day of work in a crazy environment. Security job is not to let him cross. They dropped the ball, not him. Where did you see he filed a lawsuit for a concussion? 

Edited by dante9876

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

That's still not much. He probably had some heavy equipment in his bag and because of that and because he might didn't see it coming he fell that way.

Still nothing special.

Yes the equipment in the bag and what he was carrying all played a role but Adam's liable for any damage.  Adam's reaction and what he said after are going to cause the league to take action.  It is just the way it is going to be.  It sucks and I do not think he should be suspended but it is a possibility.  The league does not care if the punishment is equal to Watson's punishment.  All they care about is how the public views the situation.  Like it or not they will not lose many fans by unfairly punishing the Raiders.  Most other fan bases do not like us to begin with and our fans will not quit no matter how the league treats us.  We are Raider fans no matter the outcome and any injustice is just fuel for the fire.  

Now on a personal level Adam's does owe that man more than just an apology.  Hopefully it can be settled in a just and quite way.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes the equipment in the bag and what he was carrying all played a role but Adam's liable for any damage.  Adam's reaction and what he said after are going to cause the league to take action.  It is just the way it is going to be.  It sucks and I do not think he should be suspended but it is a possibility.  The league does not care if the punishment is equal to Watson's punishment.  All they care about is how the public views the situation.  Like it or not they will not lose many fans by unfairly punishing the Raiders.  Most other fan bases do not like us to begin with and our fans will not quit no matter how the league treats us.  We are Raider fans no matter the outcome and any injustice is just fuel for the fire.  

Now on a personal level Adam's does owe that man more than just an apology.  Hopefully it can be settled in a just and quite way.

We keep Patrick Graham around much longer and my allegiance may go into hibernation for a bit 

I can handle Ruggs. I can handle Arnette. I can handle Gruden. I can handle Adams. I can handle Carr underwhelming. I can handle the sight of Mark Davis for crying out loud. But watching Patrick Graham in his scholarship by proxy job routinely call idiotic plays might just be my final straw. 

Suspend Adams for a game. Fire Patrick Graham. 

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

We keep Patrick Graham around much longer and my allegiance may go into hibernation for a bit 

I can handle Ruggs. I can handle Arnette. I can handle Gruden. I can handle Adams. I can handle Carr underwhelming. I can handle the sight of Mark Davis for crying out loud. But watching Patrick Graham in his scholarship by proxy job routinely call idiotic plays might just be my final straw. 

Suspend Adams for a game. Fire Patrick Graham. 

I meant the league punishment motivates us.  The stupid crap our team does frustrates us.

Seems to be "legal" vs "right" in here.  I'm always on the side of "right".

Devante can get fined by the police and the league and I'll understand that.  Devante can pay for any hospital bills or a small injury settlement for what the cameraman needs. I don't think he needs anything after being pushed down, but if he actually did get hurt that's understandable.  

The moment a civil suit gets filed and that guy wants his bag, it's a different story.   

• Like 4