Push Gate

RaidersAreOne

My state’s different than most others (a push, by itself, isn’t criminal) but the idea that this dude went to the hospital with physical injuries seems like a stretch. Just off face value, this isn’t something my department would likely entertain beyond a harassment report, sans some sort of actual physical injury.

Momentary d-bag move by Adams but come on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Oh my god the degree to which people are actually crying about this is unreal. Are people ACTUALLY upset? Like, for real? Or do they just want to clutch pearls over anything they can find?

You seem more outraged about other people being potentially outraged in your mind lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

My state’s different than most others (a push, by itself, isn’t criminal) but the idea that this dude went to the hospital with physical injuries seems like a stretch. Just off face value, this isn’t something my department would likely entertain beyond a harassment report, sans some sort of actual physical injury.

Momentary d-bag move by Adams but come on. 

I don't understand why people believe so strongly that this couldn't have resulted in actual injury. Guy had his arms full of gear and didn't brace a hard shove to the ground. It's more likely than not he had a legit injury.

11 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Oh my god the degree to which people are actually crying about this is unreal. Are people ACTUALLY upset? Like, for real? Or do they just want to clutch pearls over anything they can find?

But the Obviously Walking Into A Giant Man camera guy suffered an ACL tear, concussion, bruised ribs, strained Achilles, Lisfranc, rotator cuff tweak turf toe, and emotional anguish. Prolly simultaneous amnesia and deja vu too, what a conundrum. 

He's now checking with his doctor for a prescription of payoff money. 

Let's be real, the dude is definitely just trying to get money. Which, good for him, honestly. Can't blame him at all. But I really doubt serious injuries came from this.

That said, the defense of Adams is weird to me. Like, it's the cameraman's fault for not watching where he was going, but Adams wasn't either? The cameraman should stop and wait for Adams, but not the other way around? Even though Adams ran into him, the cameraman was in that space first. Like, from a car accident perspective, Adams hit the guy, not the other way around. Adams should've yielded. Now I get it, he was upset and distracted, but thats an excuse, not justification. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Let's be real, the dude is definitely just trying to get money

We don't know that. How sure are we the guy didn't crack his head on the ground and get a concussion?

Players get them from falling to the ground and hitting their heads with helmets on.

He probably didn't brace his fall. Easily could have sustained actual injury. If he did, he wouldn't be "just trying to get money" he'd be seeking damages for expenses incurred as a direct result of the shove.

This is def getting blown of proportion a bit, but it is clear as day you never do that in any situation. Adams was upset and lost his cool. It doesn't make him a terrible person, but it also doesn't make it ok.

All in all, Adams is going to lose a lot of money over this. The punishment will match the crime and this dude will get paid and be better off at the end of the day.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DannyB said:

So you'd be cool if someone just shoved you to the ground for no reason while carrying your laptop and phone and trying to do your job?

6 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Hopefully Davante Adams misses some time for this. 

Crazy how quickly this Raiders team has imploded this year. Seems Darren Waller got paid and no longer cares about playing football. Reminds me of Trent Williams. He will milk any injury now and is just out to get paid.  

I mean Trent is 34, and is starting to break down. He had an ankle injury last year and played when he didn't have to, and probably shouldn't have in the playoffs. After he had been paid of course. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, and Davante's head was down when he was walking so when he popped his head up, the cameraman was walking right in front of him. It was his fault more than anything else. Davante shouldn't have pushed him like that and when he did, he should have went to check on him but that man just started walking right in front of him. The hell was that? 

Everyday life on the street? You ever live in a cosmopolitan?