Push Gate

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/i-shoved-someone-and-was-charged-with-assult.htm

It's usually not a defense to the crime of assault that you did not intend to injure the victim. Although assault laws vary from state to state, in most cases if you intentionally (rather than accidentally) shoved the victim, you can be convicted of assault, whether you intended to injure the victim or not. In other words, it's the intent to shove, regardless of the intent to cause the resulting injury, that justifies a charge of assault.

But was he actually injured?

13 minutes ago, DannyB said:

The results are absolutely one part of the calculus when determining punishment. Not everything, but an essential part.

I agree. 

It's just ridiculous that everyone thinks the only POSSIBILITY here is a money grab. A shove like that, on someone completely not expecting it, from a big elite athlete, unable to brace his fall, arm full of schit, on concrete has at least the POSSIBILITY of real injury. 

Which is why the league needs to have a no-nonsense response to this. It was intentional and it COULD have seriously hurt someone.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I agree. 

It's just ridiculous that everyone thinks the only POSSIBILITY here is a money grab. A shove like that, on someone completely not expecting it, from a big elite athlete, unable to brace his fall, arm full of schit, on concrete has at least the POSSIBILITY of real injury. 

Which is why the league needs to have a no-nonsense response to this. It was intentional and it COULD have seriously hurt someone.

So what’s appropriate?

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Actual injury compensation will be handled via court system.

The act itself will be handled by league office.

Two very distinct jurisdictions around this situation.

Makes sense. I was just referring to the quote that talked about assault that resulted in an injury. 

38 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Jesus balls have you read my posts?? I think I’ve said three times in this thread: fine Adams, send that dude enough money to cover medical costs, any equipment damage, and a little extra as an “oops, I’m sorry”. Then everybody can move on.

If in the future Adams establishes a track record of lightly shoving cameramen while running off the field, we can escalate the punishment.

He needs to go to prison for attempted murder

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are we certain this incident wasn't also accidental?

Oh the initial contact was undoubtedly accidental. Then Davante made a poor, but VERY kneejerk reaction that lasted a fraction of a second. He didn’t go after anyone, he didn’t sustain any sort of aggression. I think he was in a negative emotional space and was caught by surprise and that kinda resulted in the bad spilt second choice.