Push Gate

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Tell me, what did he do wrong?

He walked in front of an angry guy. Clearly he's in the wrong.

The victim blaming is astounding. The second angle gives just as little context than the first considering the angle and vertical frame. He's in frame for 1/10th of a second.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 5

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay then, lets have these camera guys walk right in front of losing players in the tunnel every week and lets see how it goes.

Um ...it DOES happen every week? Pretty much any NFL game has hundreds of cameramen, boom mic operators, non-player personnel all over the place. Cameramen on the field isn't limited to this single game, c'mon now.

Other games are televised, these people are on every single field of every single game played since... geez, the 60s? 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How the hell was it NOT the wrong place WHEN HIS JOB IS TO TAKE SHOTS OF THE PLAYERS???

You don't just sit in one spot to take pics, you're constantly moving around to get better views and angles - this happens literally in every single sporting event, not just football. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He should know they are coming and where to be positioned to take his shots. Not freaking walk right in front of them walking to the tunnel.

Likewise, shouldn't the player be aware of some 200+ non-players on the field?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

To me, he crosses in front of a busy walkway without looking.

No malice, ill intent, and obviously not morally wrong.

just a mistake, like a fender bender 

Now if the car that hits me guns it to 70 to hit me with force, what's his liability?

This wasn't just a simple shoulder bump.

Just now, ET80 said:

Um ...it DOES happen every week? Pretty much any NFL game has hundreds of cameramen, boom mic operators, non-player personnel all over the place. Cameramen on the field isn't limited to this single game, c'mon now.

Other games are televised, these people are on every single field of every single game played since... geez, the 60s? 

You don't just sit in one spot to take pics, you're constantly moving around to get better views and angles - this happens literally in every single sporting event, not just football. 

Likewise, shouldn't the player be aware of some 200+ non-players on the field?

Um buddy, I am aware cameramen are on the field every game. That's not what I asked. I'm saying have them just walk RIGHT IN FRONT of losing players in front of the tunnel while not knowing where they are going and see what happens.

Sure you move around to take pics, that's why he should repositioned himself earlier. 

No, there is likewise here. The cameramen are taking shots of the players walking off the field. It is on THEM to be in the right place to take the shots not on the players for them to wait for the cameramen to move to get to the right spots. The players are going to one place after the game...and that is straight to the tunnel. The cameramen could be damn near anywhere. 

"Just a mistake like a fender bender"

A fender bender would be the action of them initially bumping into each other. Rather than moving on and acknowledging an accident happened by Adams. You forgot about the road rage the ensued following the "fender bender" of Adams getting out of his metaphorical car (lol) in this scenario and then pushing the guy because he was upset by the situation. If that happens during a "fender bender" it is no longer just a "fender bender" situation. 

I would also add, that it appears the photographer fell directly on his back on what looks like concrete while holding onto what I'd presume it is fairly heavy cumbersome equipment. We don't know if he hit his head or landed wrong on his back when he landed. Given that he got checked out at the hospital it certainly isn't out of the question. Sure an individual push (or punch) doesn't always get prosecuted, but a violent outburst like that can put the offender in a bad spot depending on what happens to the victim in that situation, as the intent here was clear as day to push the guy.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Can’t believe this thread is this active lol

This is the perfect level of stupid for great NFL controversy. Any dumber, no one will take it seriously. Any smarter, there may be real nuance.

It's a slow eating dog food bowl for NFL fans. We're dumb and we want something to munch on until Thursday.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Now if the car that hits me guns it to 70 to hit me with force, what's his liability?

This wasn't just a simple shoulder bump.

Devante didn’t gun it.

It would be more like you started to pull out of a parking lot but saw a car and stopped quickly, but the car you nearly cut off decides to just not brake and take your bumper off with his passenger fender 

all I’m saying is good luck telling the cops it was all his fault 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is the perfect level of stupid for great NFL controversy. Any dumber, no one will take it seriously. Any smarter, there may be real nuance.

This is the equivalent of a slow eating dog food bowl for NFL fans. We're dumb and we want something to munch on until Thursday.

I have the next 9 days off, when I saw this shove pop up on my feed last night I smiled as I fell asleep. Perfect timing.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah it's no Mason Rudolph face-pinata, but it gets us to Thursday no problem.

Is it too much to ask for a player to throw a punch at a ref and miss? But the player makes the punch look like it could have been a wild arm flail by mistake?

that’s what I’m feeling 

• Like 1