Week 6, Patriots at Browns

Bucketheadsdad

It's week 6, and many of us are feeling lousy about where our team is at the moment  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Patriots
    • Hornby and Kiwi
    • We find a way for the game to end in a tie
  2. 2. How many yards rushing do the Browns give up?

• 50 or less
    • 51-100
    • 100-150
    • Good lord, we got gashed again

Alright...we're back at it this week.  

We're facing off against one of the greatest Star Wars universe villians of all time.

EyiBBjoXMAU1gEj.jpg

No, not that one.

THIS one.

AP21341109903966.jpg?w=862

The Sith Lord's club is mired in 4th place, even behind the Jets......but last week, they shut out the Lions.  

They're definitely a beatable team, with Bailey Zappe likely starting at QB for Mac Jones.

Their starting RB Damien Harris out with a hamstring injury. (Does that really matter, as the late Sam Cunningham, the Patirots all time leading rusher, who passed away last year at the age of 71 could have probably put a century and a half on the stat sheet against our inept run defense. 

GettyImages-1304163205-e1631046800103.jp

We're not quite at the point where we're stopping by Aldi's to pick up our new Browns gear,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgjdeheZ5YRRz6vVe3183

but wow have we pi$$ed in our shoes far too often this year.

Supposedly, Joe Woods has been reading a new book during the week, 

41YpiqsKUNL.jpg

Bottom line:  We need a damn win this week.

Hey Kevin.....

Season 3 Help GIF by Paramount+

Do it.  

We've got too damned much talent on this roster to be playing this ineffectively.

Discuss.

• Like 4

Mac killed us last year so if he is out that's a big boost to our chances to win. Talent wise, we should blow them out without Mac playing and win with him playing. Our track record this year says we would lose with Mac starting and win a close one with Bailey Frank Moon Zappe starting.

Browns 26-20

Won't be surprised if their QB throws less than 20 passes. No need to pass with our run defense.

BB is one of the best head coaches of all time partly because he excels at taking away the opposing team's biggest strength. In our case, that'll be our running game/play action game.

Could see this being a blowout in New England's favor. Much like last season.

I'm going back to Eric Mangini/Sashi Brown era Browns football watching mode: DVR the game, check the score at 4:15, and watch it only if we won. This underachieving bunch of losers is too painful to waste 3 hours of my day on sitting there watching them soil the bed.

My prediction for this game: I don't end up watching.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m actually gonna say we win.  Not because of coaching, but because winning this against a backup QB will be just enough to keep Woods around longer because that’s the Brownsiest outcome.

In a 9-6 "thriller" that actually gets the heat off of Woods and onto Stefanski. We need more clarifiers here.

• Like 1

This game isn't going to be the first train derailment I've witnessed this week.  (The first one is about 6 blocks from the house I grew up in, and the house I live in now.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/10/08/train-derailed-sandusky-police-say/   (So says everyone else, as we can see the damned mess)  

Fortunately, all they spilled was several tanker cars full of parafin.

I drive home through this underpass every day.  One of the busiest streets in town.  Fortunately no one was hurt.  

Those of us here in Sandusky will someday was nostaligically about this derailment.

Cbs Episode 206 GIF by Paramount+

I see no reason to not believe this game will go any different than every other game. We will be winning until about 3 minutes left in the 4th. Defense will blow it. York will miss a kick at some point that would have been the difference. Brissett will look like a stud for 3 and a half quarters and either take a stupid sack that takes us out of FG position or throws a game losing INT. Or both. Woods will go into prevent defense pretty much all game. Myles will have 1 sack and 1 tackle. Chubb will run for like 160 yards but not be on the field for the final drive. Stefanski will at some point call like 3 straight non play action pass plays at the goal line. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I see no reason to not believe this game will go any different than every other game. We will be winning until about 3 minutes left in the 4th. Defense will blow it. York will miss a kick at some point that would have been the difference. Brissett will look like a stud for 3 and a half quarters and either take a stupid sack that takes us out of FG position or throws a game losing INT. Or both. Woods will go into prevent defense pretty much all game. Myles will have 1 sack and 1 tackle. Chubb will run for like 160 yards but not be on the field for the final drive. Stefanski will at some point call like 3 straight non play action pass plays at the goal line. 

A+ scrabble post

• Like 3