Week 6, Patriots at Browns

Bucketheadsdad

It's week 6, and many of us are feeling lousy about where our team is at the moment  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Patriots
    • Hornby and Kiwi
    • We find a way for the game to end in a tie
  2. 2. How many yards rushing do the Browns give up?

• 50 or less
    • 51-100
    • 100-150
    • Good lord, we got gashed again

Ravens, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, Bucs before our thoroughly relaxed saviour shows up during Week 13.

We'll likely be 2 and 9 at that point.  

There is no massaging the fact that we're only likely to stay out of the basement should the Steelers flounder....which is no guarantee, as they have a culture that I know I envy.

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Gotta give Berry a lot of blame for this team. He filled out the glamor positions but the DL LB are horrid. Once again got owned. And his corners are completely opposite than what his DC wants to run. No reason you do that as a GM. If you your coaches to to succeed and you hire for a specific scheme you need to give them those players that fit. 

Greedy and Denzel were here before Berry got the job. Newsome was supposed to be versatile for zone or man, and Emerson is your ideal cover 3 outside corner. 

I don’t think we can blame him on the corners. Maybe we should fire the DC. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Greedy and Denzel were here before Berry got the job. Newsome was supposed to be versatile for zone or man, and Emerson is your ideal cover 3 outside corner. 

I don’t think we can blame him on the corners. Maybe we should fire the DC. 

Barry has been here for 3 seasons now. That’s not good enough. It shouldn’t take 3 seasons to get the right scheme players. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Barry has been here for 3 seasons now. That’s not good enough. It shouldn’t take 3 seasons to get the right scheme players. 

Yeah this is coaching.  Is this a top 5 defense?  No.  Is it talented enough to be competitive and not get their teeth kicked in every week?  Absolutely.

This defense will continue to be a liability until Woods is gone.

• Like 4

I didnt make the trek down to the Browns Backers Bar this week, as I figured I would wreck my car on purpose on the way the home...

I TRULY thought we were threw looking like a Junior College Bush League team.......but to have this much talent...MUCH more talents than the Jets, Falcons, Giants and I saw all those teams win and get to at least .500......This one is SQUARELY on the coaches, Stefanski does not manage these coaches and overall game plan, he run/pass ratio dosent make sense with having a top 5 Oline and the best Backfield in the ENTIRE NFL, #2 He keeps turning down points to go for it on 4th down (3 out of 6 games this year) yet we spent a 4th round pick on a K before we took a DT, that's counter productive to how your team is built, Stefanski won Coach of the year as a rookie and started to believe his own hype.....I WANT him to prove me wrong, but the only way he can do that, is Rally these coaches, rally this team and get this thing back on Track...I dont know if Stefanski has what it takes to do that.....I think the Offense will still be Productive "Enough", run game will still be undervalued...but ST and Defense will still look like someone needs to Take the Reigns...and when the Coordinators AINT up to the job, its on the HC....

I will mention it like I have been for a over a year now.....Pfriefer is not a good coach, ONCE again our Special teams Seal the Deal for the other team.....How this guy is still employed I have no CLUE, unless he has some kind of Dirt on Stefanski....that's the only thing that makes sense to me. He would have been FIRED after the Jets game if I was HC....

And Joe Woods......once again, blown c overages, and you have the LUXURY of having 3rd, 4th and 5th CB's who would be STARTERS on other teams...but every week, we have WR's or TE's running WIDE OPEN.....I can no longer make Excuses for Joe Wood's......Show and Prove or get the FU&%! OUT....JOK has regressed, one of the most talented Secondaries in football still blowing coverages in week 6, only 2 sacks this week vs 3rd Day QB, who threw for over 300 yards.....last week vs the Chargers, a team that averages 65 yards rushing goes for over 200....giving up 14 points to the Jets in 1:44, SHOULD have Blown that game vs Carolina.....these numbers and results are unforgivable....AND I'm starting to Look at Ben Bloom and Jeff Howard...these guys may need to join Woods on the Scrap heap......IF this defense does not look Top 10 NEXT week.....Seriously we have too much talent, MORE than Denver, Jax, KC and Cinn (who all have top 10 defenses....) but yet we still playing like the 28th rankes defense......

Someone make this make sense.......were we fooled by Stefanski's first year....not saying I want to pull the plug on Stefanski....but I am ready to pull the plug on Preifer, should have after the Jets game....and I would literally tell Joe Woods, if were not top 10 by the Bye week, dont worry about anything AFTER the bye week.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

I honestly put most the blame on Jacoby this week

he played terrible and put the team in horrible spots. Starting the game off with a pick just started the spiral. 

Belicheck knew how to defend him and it showed. 

Not sure when we win another game. 

Glad we still have a second round pick. Might be pretty high