Who’s Worse - Vance or Mac?

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I could see Chicago making a move for him. Our GM, Ryan Pace, is a pretty amicable dude and strongly believes in a GM and head coach working hand in hand when acquiring talent (among other things).

Some weapons here... Trubisky (who needs a ton of work), Cohen (scat back), Howard (bruiser), Shaheen (raw yet big/athletic TE). Our WR corps need to be revamped, and it will be... I just wonder if that's enough to entice McDaniels to leave NE.

we're the wrong people to discuss it with lmao 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I could see Chicago making a move for him. Our GM, Ryan Pace, is a pretty amicable dude and strongly believes in a GM and head coach working hand in hand when acquiring talent (among other things).

Some weapons here... Trubisky (who needs a ton of work), Cohen (scat back), Howard (bruiser), Shaheen (raw yet big/athletic TE). Our WR corps need to be revamped, and it will be... I just wonder if that's enough to entice McDaniels to leave NE.

I doubt it. McDaniels has turned down interviews before, because he knows that if he screws up a second shot then he's finished. No Head Coach gets a third shot if their first two were disasters. I could see him in Indy if he trusts Chris Ballard as a GM since they have Andrew Luck as well as a high end backup in Briskett who he's worked with before. I could maybe see him in Arizona if Arians hangs them up. I guess the Giants aren't totally out of the question.

28 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I doubt it. McDaniels has turned down interviews before, because he knows that if he screws up a second shot then he's finished. No Head Coach gets a third shot if their first two were disasters. I could see him in Indy if he trusts Chris Ballard as a GM since they have Andrew Luck as well as a high end backup in Briskett who he's worked with before. I could maybe see him in Arizona if Arians hangs them up. I guess the Giants aren't totally out of the question.

He has but he also has interviewed for teams like the 49ers... only 32 of these gigs on the planet, I would think that if he liked the QB, knew that he could revamp the skill positions with a GM who craves a symbiotic relationship, I don't know why he would refuse (unless there's some *wink wink* deal in NE to take over if/when Belichick retires).

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I take back what I said before. Vance is worse. Mac, incompetent and a-holeish as he was, at least knew what he wanted to do. Vance doesn’t have a clue. 

Again, though, his effect will literally be 1 season, with personnel he had little input on.   Mac's effect was much wider in scope.

We are arguing which turd smells worse, btw, so I do appreciate at some point it might be a moot point.  :D

Archived