Chase Young to see Dr. Andrews for update

turtle28

16 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Oh, he's Generational- no doubt about it .

He may or may not be. We’ve only seen him play for 26 games. Actually it’s 25 bc I think he missed a game his rookie year too.

Sadly, the injury has set him back but that doesn’t mean he won’t become what we hoped he would be. 

I just have to say, if you’re a fan of the team and we have a guy who’s already on the team I’m not sure why people root for him not to be successful just so their original opinions of when we drafted him or before can be correct. 

For starters, I never said he was generational, but this is also only his 3rd year and you're judging based off of last year but last year was extremely skewed. He was in on multiple sacks that were awarded to other players, which were caused by his pressure and the QB moving into the laps of our other rushers, kind of like what Wentz does. Not to mention 2 that were also taken away from him due to BS roughing the passer calls. Ever heard of the eye test? Quit looking at the box scores and actually watch the games. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He may or may not be. We’ve only seen him play for 26 games. Actually it’s 25 bc I think he missed a game his rookie year too.

Sadly, the injury has set him back but that doesn’t mean he won’t become what we hoped he would be. 

I just have to say, if you’re a fan of the team and we have a guy who’s already on the team I’m not sure why people root for him not to be successful just so their original opinions of when we drafted him or before can be correct. 

Nah, it's like Thai always predicting a loss  and hoping to be wrong. Didn't like the pick ( though it was the only option as things were. ) Absolutely hoping, but not expecting, to be proved wrong .

• Like 1

Just now, Scott Land said:

For starters, I never said he was generational, but this is also only his 3rd year and you're judging based off of last year but last year was extremely skewed. He was in on multiple sacks that were awarded to other players, which were caused by his pressure and the QB moving into the laps of our other rushers, kind of like what Wentz does. Not to mention 2 that were also taken away from him due to BS roughing the passer calls. Ever heard of the eye test? Quit looking at the box scores and actually watch the games. 

Yeah, I’ve actually provided some clips to prove this point. I’m not sure if those who are tired of Chase already have actually watched it, my guess is they haven’t bc they don’t want to be wrong.

In that video you can see that he got pressure on a lot of plays, over a dozen & was close to getting sacks on them or led to others getting sacks on them. On top of that as you said he had 2 sacks taken away from bogus roughing the passer calls. Just adding on those 2, that’s 3.5 sacks in 8 games he started & finished last year.

He also almost intercepted Aaron Rodgers on a screen pass & his pressure forced Patrick Mahomes to throw a lollipop up that Bobby McCain intercepted in the Chiefs game.

As said, he had an impact on every game even if it didn’t always show up on the raw stats of the box score.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I’ve actually provided some clips to prove this point. I’m not sure if those who are tired of Chase already have actually watched it, my guess is they haven’t bc they don’t want to be wrong.

In that video you can see that he got pressure on a lot of plays, over a dozen & was close to getting sacks on them or led to others getting sacks on them. On top of that as you said he had 2 sacks taken away from bogus roughing the passer calls. Just adding on those 2, that’s 3.5 sacks in 8 games he started & finished last year.

He also almost intercepted Aaron Rodgers on a screen pass & his pressure forced Patrick Mahomes to throw a lollipop up that Bobby McCain intercepted in the Chiefs game.

As said, he had an impact on every game even if it didn’t always show up on the raw stats of the box score.

CY is the man 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If Chase Young can become the player his hype awarded him when we drafted him?

We would have the greatest front 4 I've ever seen.

And I've seen some great ones! 

90' Eagles team is one of them.

Ours would be better & that's sayin' a lot.

Rosey Grier, Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones.

also, the Purple People Eaters. 

• Like 1

DE Chase Young (knee) will start his 21-day window to return next week, per Rivera. Young hasn't played since tearing his ACL in Week 10 of last season. Said Rivera about Young's recent doctor's visit: "Everything is positive."

No Chase Young this week. Possibly not next week either, we are starting the 21 day window NEXT week. Remember when it was a "question" whether or not he would be ready for the START of the regular season. It will probably be mid November if he comes back this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...