Carson Wentz has a fractured finger

turtle28

Gonna be funny when they tape it up and trot him out there anyway. My guess is he doesn’t miss one start. Wentz wants to play and Rivera can’t have Heinecke go in there and play better. It would be a disaster for this regime if Taylor outplays Wentz and these dummies gave up multiple picks and all of our space for him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Gonna be funny when they tape it up and trot him out there anyway. My guess is he doesn’t miss one start. Wentz wants to play and Rivera can’t have Heinecke go in there and play better. It would be a disaster for this regime if Taylor outplays Wentz and these dummies gave up multiple picks and all of our space for him. 

You really think he won’t miss any time?. 
honestly at this point much rather see Sam howell. I’d be surprised if wentz isn’t out for 4/5 weeks but will see .

Just now, IHatesnyder said:

You really think he won’t miss any time?. 
honestly at this point much rather see Sam howell. I’d be surprised if wentz isn’t out for 4/5 weeks but will see .

Nope. Not one game. Like I said, if Heinecke plays well it totally invalidates the stupid resources they poured into this trade. Basically they had to sit out the whole off-season because of this trade. 

• Like 1

If Taylor plays better than Wentz for a few weeks, that doesn’t really “invalidate” the trade for Wentz for me, as anyone probably could have expected that a guy who has been playing in this offense for basically his entire adult life might have a leg up on the new guy over the first month or two. The trade for Wentz (or for any better vet, whether Wilson or Jimmy G or whomever) was about getting a guy with a ceiling high enough to make us matter if it/when it clicks. Give Wentz a couple years in this system, I have no doubt he’d be better than Taylor.

But THAT’S what invalidates the Wentz trade, for me. Developing a QB in your system is a process. But they put a clock on it by (a) including that dumb conditional pick and (b) choosing not to spread out his money. Those two things in concert suggest that not only does he have at most one season to lock down the long-term job, he’s realistically got more like 9 weeks. 

And that’s what I never got. You’re either in on Wentz or you’re not. The trade price suggested they were in, their words suggested they were in, but all the rest of their actions have suggested they aren’t. “One foot in, one foot out” is the absolute number one football reason why this regime has failed. They won’t commit to anything and just go for it. Tentative, confused, half-assed decision making leads to a tentative, confused, half-assed organization.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nope. Not one game. Like I said, if Heinecke plays well it totally invalidates the stupid resources they poured into this trade. Basically they had to sit out the whole off-season because of this trade. 

Very true and at this point we all know that the Wentz trade was a total dud and waste of resources, but I have no doubt they will spin it.  "First we sign Fitz and he gets hurt in game 1, then I sign Wentz and he gets hurt right before the offense was starting to gel.  Not my fault these guys get hurt."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If Taylor plays better than Wentz for a few weeks, that doesn’t really “invalidate” the trade for Wentz for me, as anyone probably could have expected that a guy who has been playing in this offense for basically his entire adult life might have a leg up on the new guy over the first month or two. The trade for Wentz (or for any better vet, whether Wilson or Jimmy G or whomever) was about getting a guy with a ceiling high enough to make us matter if it/when it clicks. Give Wentz a couple years in this system, I have no doubt he’d be better than Taylor.

But THAT’S what invalidates the Wentz trade, for me. Developing a QB in your system is a process. But they put a clock on it by (a) including that dumb conditional pick and (b) choosing not to spread out his money. Those two things in concert suggest that not only does he have at most one season to lock down the long-term job, he’s realistically got more like 9 weeks. 

And that’s what I never got. You’re either in on Wentz or you’re not. The trade price suggested they were in, their words suggested they were in, but all the rest of their actions have suggested they aren’t. “One foot in, one foot out” is the absolute number one football reason why this regime has failed. They won’t commit to anything and just go for it. Tentative, confused, half-assed decision making leads to a tentative, confused, half-assed organization.

Even if that’s the case, Wentz is 29 going on 30 with a major injury history. The odds that he wouldn’t miss time this year was very low. So if that’s the case and it’s going to take years in this system for him to get it why wouldn’t you just start Heinecke and draft Pickett or start Heinecke and work Howell in? It makes way more sense to draft a guy to learn behind Heinecke than it does to give up resources for an aging, injured QB. And while I get 30 isn’t remotely old for a QB it certainly is for one that’s been beaten up and who’s athleticism made him special. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Even if that’s the case, Wentz is 29 going on 30 with a major injury history. The odds that he wouldn’t miss time this year was very low. So if that’s the case and it’s going to take years in this system for him to get it why wouldn’t you just start Heinecke and draft Pickett or start Heinecke and work Howell in? It makes way more sense to draft a guy to learn behind Heinecke than it does to give up resources for an aging, injured QB. And while I get 30 isn’t remotely old for a QB it certainly is for one that’s been beaten up and who’s athleticism made him special. 

We all know rationality does not apply to Washington & especially not to Rivera or Snyder.

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There’s no way Wentz is playing with a fractured finger. He should’ve gotten X-rays at half time last week & not played the 2nd half. 

I get what your saying, but there’s no way Wentz plays until his finger is healed or at least close to 100%.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There’s no way Wentz is playing with a fractured finger. He should’ve gotten X-rays at half time last week & not played the 2nd half. 

I get what your saying, but there’s no way Wentz plays until his finger is healed or at least close to 100%.

I’ll say this, if Wentz misses time he never suits up for this team again. Heinecke is flat out going to play better and the team will win some games because of it. This is probably the last time we see Wentz here. 

• Like 1