Carson Wentz has a fractured finger

turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree, but we aren’t them. They’ll play Heinicke.

Heinicke actually wasn’t that bad @ Green Bay last year.  68%, 268 yds, 1 TD & 1 int. We run the ball 25-30 times & Heinicke plays similar their O will look better.

Henickie stinks dude and I’m not watching any Sunday games if he’s at QB and idk how anyone wants to see him at the helm again. That Dallas game last year was the last straw for me .

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They would’ve went to Heinicke regardless. Anyone who thinks differently is lying to themselves.

Possibly, but who knows what would have been the repercussions had we lost the Turd Bowl, especially on the day that article was released. 

I still think they find a way to suit Wentz up to try and prove he was the right choice.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Henickie stinks dude and I’m not watching any Sunday games if he’s at QB and idk how anyone wants to see him at the helm again. That Dallas game last year was the last straw for me .

I bet we put up more points than we have the last two weeks w/ Heinicke in there. Heinicke didn’t have a good game vs Dallas twice last year but, I don’t ever remember him throwing for just 99 yards.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I bet we put up more points than we have the last two weeks w/ Heinicke in there. Heinicke didn’t have a good game vs Dallas twice last year but, I don’t ever remember him throwing for just 99 yards.

“99” yards 

wentz is top 5-6 in passing yards 

and you already know we had dropped passes especially to Curtis samuels . Either way we won and wentz had multiple injuries during that game, he shouldn’t have played to begin with .

No henickie is terrible and unfortunately he’s Scott “ turners “ guy . A good OC doesn’t throw 40-50 times knowing the OL bad and the QB is clueless where to throw . 

Edited by IHatesnyder

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Possibly, but who knows what would have been the repercussions had we lost the Turd Bowl, especially on the day that article was released. 

I still think they find a way to suit Wentz up to try and prove he was the right choice.  

Wentz will be back by the colts game imo . Vikings game at best.

3 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

“99” yards 

wentz is top 5-6 in passing yards 

and you already know we had dropped passes especially to Curtis samuels . Either way we won and wentz had multiple injuries during that game, he shouldn’t have played to begin with .

No henickie is terrible and unfortunately he’s Scott “ turners “ guy . A good OC doesn’t throw 40-50 times knowing the OL bad and the QB is clueless where to throw . 

I’m not trying to say Heinicke is better than Wentz talent wise. but I do think there’s a chance bc of his mobility & knowledge of the offense that our offense looks better/more efficient with him.

Last year at Green Bay, Heinicke was 68%, 268 yards, a TD to Terry & 1 int. Definitely not awful.

Heinckie also had 95 yards rushing vs Green Bay last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not trying to say Heinicke is better than Wentz talent wise. but I do think there’s a chance bc of his mobility & knowledge of the offense that our offense looks better/more efficient with him.

Last year at Green Bay, Heinicke was 68%, 268 yards, a TD to Terry & 1 int. Definitely not awful.

he was not good bro end of the day we had 10 points and should of been 17, we already know why we didn’t get that “17 “ points ..

Edited by IHatesnyder

20 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

he was not good bro end of the day we had 10 points and should of been 17, we already know why we didn’t get that “17 “ points ..

Yet we’re defending a 99-yard passing game. We got gifted the ball at the 15 vs the Bears bc their punt returner muffed the punt. W/o that we lose to the Bears, if Fields hits a wide open Kemt in the endzone or hell, if the Bears just kick FGs when inside our 10-yard line twice in the first half.

The Rock Reaction GIF

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

As I mentioned elsewhere, it would be a little surprising if he’s not better than Wentz. At least against any teams that can mount any pressure against him — which is everyone now that they know Wentz can’t hurt them if they blitz regularly. 

I expect that, in the heat of battle at least, Heinicke would be (by a decent margin) the best we have at the moment. That’s especially true behind an OL that doesn’t provide any of the extra time needed for a little slower processing. He’s played in this offense for years, he knows Turner’s concepts inside and out. He’s played with these teammates for longer, especially key guys like McLaurin and Thomas. 

We have to be realistic about the amount of time it takes to master these offenses. It’s not just about knowing the plays. It’s about understanding how to read them, about how to adjust before and during the play, about having the muscle memory and the ability to immediately register “I’ve seen this, and this is what was there” as soon as it happens, etc. If you want an example of it (that we’re not emotional about), look at the game-ender for the Broncos against the Colts, where Wilson misses the Penn State kid popping wide open because he’s absolutely locked in on Sutton. Does that happen in an offense where he’s comfortable enough moving off that first read more quickly? I don’t know, but I rarely saw him miss those in his later years in Seattle. 

That’s where Wentz is now, and it’s where Howell will be too. Both of them have a higher ceiling than Heinicke, because of their physical capabilities — but neither of them is going to be nearly as prepared to execute and manipulate this offense. 

• Like 1