Carson Wentz has a fractured finger

turtle28

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ll say this, if Wentz misses time he never suits up for this team again. Heinecke is flat out going to play better and the team will win some games because of it. This is probably the last time we see Wentz here. 

Honestly, I hope so. I don’t put everything on Wentz, our OL has been awful & our D hasn’t been great either but I don’t see this working. Wentz has a big arm & can make all the throws but he just isn’t efficient/accurate on short to medium throws which keep drives going. He also takes too long to make decisions.

If Heinicke starts, I’m rooting for him to play well bc I think the best thing for this franchise long term is for us to be drafting a QB in round next year to compete w/ Howell & develop for the long term.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There’s no way Wentz is playing with a fractured finger. He should’ve gotten X-rays at half time last week & not played the 2nd half. 

I get what your saying, but there’s no way Wentz plays until his finger is healed or at least close to 100%.

Then again didn’t wentz say he felt he could play trough it ?. I think wentz might be out for about 2 weeks if anything .

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Even if that’s the case, Wentz is 29 going on 30 with a major injury history. The odds that he wouldn’t miss time this year was very low. So if that’s the case and it’s going to take years in this system for him to get it why wouldn’t you just start Heinecke and draft Pickett or start Heinecke and work Howell in? It makes way more sense to draft a guy to learn behind Heinecke than it does to give up resources for an aging, injured QB. And while I get 30 isn’t remotely old for a QB it certainly is for one that’s been beaten up and who’s athleticism made him special. 

I mean, I’m not a fan of the Wentz trade. I wouldn’t have done it, because I don’t (and didn’t) believe in him to be the long-term guy. 

But if I did believe in him to be that, and was thus willing to pay that sort of price to have him, I definitely would not have sabotaged it by forcing myself into a position where I had to make a decision this quickly. I’d honestly have wanted to make clear he had at least into next season to lock the job down. And they’ve absolutely not done that. 

This is what they always do. They make these decisions, and then they immediately start to undercut them. That’s why nothing ever works out for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’ll say this, if Wentz misses time he never suits up for this team again. Heinecke is flat out going to play better and the team will win some games because of it. This is probably the last time we see Wentz here. 

Nah, I think you are going to be right and that they do tape wentz finger and have him back very soon. 

If they didn’t bench him at all during the bears game, I can easily see them having him back way sooner .

Edited by IHatesnyder

Heinicke obviously can't throw the deep ball with Wentz. BUT everything else he does is better! AND the team seems to love his smash mouth style. Personally, It'll bring me back to being excited.  I hope he gets to start a few games to see if it is Wentz, the O-line, the backs or the receivers. If everyone suddenly looks ... competent...we should know . 

• Like 1

But I hope Wentz heals up but personally I’d rather see what Howell has and save that pick. It’s about developing players you select. Realistically we see where the cap is on Wentz. We know what Taylor is. Even if Howell sinks he’s a 5th rounder who will IMO atleast show he can be a capable backup. But I believe he has alittle more dog and fight and that’s what makes me curious to see what these starters would think watching a QB fight for first downs and playing hard and making things happen. 

• Like 2

By winning the Turd Bowl on Thursday, we basically assured TH starting instead of SH.  Going down to 1-5 with a week and a half to prepare for Green Bay at home would be the perfect time to transition Howell.  But Rivera isn’t going to sell the season at 2-4.  

But y’all know that no team does QB drama and controversy better than the Washington franchise.  Doesn’t matter the name, here we are.  Buckle in for a wild ride. 

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

I mean, I’m not a fan of the Wentz trade. I wouldn’t have done it, because I don’t (and didn’t) believe in him to be the long-term guy. 

But if I did believe in him to be that, and was thus willing to pay that sort of price to have him, I definitely would not have sabotaged it by forcing myself into a position where I had to make a decision this quickly. I’d honestly have wanted to make clear he had at least into next season to lock the job down. And they’ve absolutely not done that. 

This is what they always do. They make these decisions, and then they immediately start to undercut them. That’s why nothing ever works out for them.

Basically what I’ve asserted this whole time as well.  It also means that Rivera is pretty confident that, no matter what, he is going to survive year 3.  Or, he isnt “the effing guy” like he claimed. 

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Heinicke obviously can't throw the deep ball with Wentz. BUT everything else he does is better! AND the team seems to love his smash mouth style. Personally, It'll bring me back to being excited.  I hope he gets to start a few games to see if it is Wentz, the O-line, the backs or the receivers. If everyone suddenly looks ... competent...we should know . 

Man Im good on TH like let’s not forget last year against Dallas / Philly / and the greenbay/Denver game. He completely killed us during those games .

If wenrz is out for 2 weeks , than cool but if it’s for 6 week you start Sam howell because the wentz era can be over if howell plays well.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

By winning the Turd Bowl on Thursday, we basically assured TH starting instead of SH.  Going down to 1-5 with a week and a half to prepare for Green Bay at home would be the perfect time to transition Howell.  But Rivera isn’t going to sell the season at 2-4.  

But y’all know that no team does QB drama and controversy better than the Washington franchise.  Doesn’t matter the name, here we are.  Buckle in for a wild ride. 

They would’ve went to Heinicke regardless. Anyone who thinks differently is lying to themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IHatesnyder said:

Man I’m good on TH like let’s not forget last year against Dallas / Philly / and the Green Bay/Denver game. He completely killed us during those games .

If Wentz is out for 2 weeks , than cool but if it’s for 6 week you start Sam Howell because the Wentz era can be over if howell plays well.

I agree, but we aren’t them. They’ll play Heinicke.

Heinicke actually wasn’t that bad @ Green Bay last year.  68%, 268 yds, 1 TD & 1 int. We run the ball 25-30 times & Heinicke plays similar their O will look better.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

I think we’ll see it the first drive w/ Heinicke. I expect our offense to be more efficient but obviously Heinicke doesn’t have the big play potential that Wentz has bc of arm strength.