Carson Wentz has a fractured finger

turtle28

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Pretty sure it's snaps . I read he needs like 450 more snaps to make it a second.

You’re right it is snaps. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported at the time of the Wentz trade that the Colts would receive a second-round selection from the Commanders instead of a third-rounder if Wentz plays at least 70 percent of Washington's offensive snaps in 2022.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Pretty sure it's snaps . I read he needs like 450 more snaps to make it a second.

Yes and we should keep in mind that since the offense has been dismal and not on the field a lot that means average snap count per game could go up if we get some long drives, such as based upon a strong running game.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Yes and we should keep in mind that since the offense has been dismal and not on the field a lot that means average snap count per game could go up if we get some long drives, such as based upon a strong running game.

I think this is important. 

Remarkably, though, we’re actually running more plays per game than last year somehow. That’s very surprising to me, and it may actually hurt us in this context.

Last year, it looks like we had 1127 offensive snaps in 17 games, which comes out to 66.3 snaps per game. This year, so far, we’re at 422 offensive snaps through 6 games, which comes out to 70.3 snaps per game.

I find this hard to believe, but it seems that the first 4 weeks we were running a ton of plays. In each of those 4 games, we had 74+ snaps. The last two weeks? Down to 63 and 57 snaps, respectively. Not exactly sure what factor(s) are driving that huge decrease in plays run, but if it continues, it suggests that Wentz will likely have to miss 6 full weeks in order to miss 30% of our snaps. It seems unlikely that 5 games (29.4% of the game) will be enough, unless we run an inordinate amount of plays those 5 games, enough to more than balance out the very high number of plays we ran in the first 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IHatesnyder said:

Still no word yet on Carson wentz time table

my guess is 

3 weeks tops 

with the potential of the colts game 

🤷🏻‍♂️

The last article I read said he was going to have surgery. They might put him on IR which means a minimum of 4 weeks. 

I really don’t understand not putting him on IR? We’re essentially out of the race at this point. We’ve already lost two division games and we’re facing a tough stretch. Honestly, if Rivera rushes to put Wentz back out there and costs the team a second round pick it would be pure insanity especially if he thinks he’s going to be the head coach next year. 

My guess is Rivera puts him back in and blows our second round pick. It’s just par for the course with this franchise. He’ll do it under the guise that Carson needs time for next season and then he’ll pick up his option and this whole thing will drag out for another season with Rivera either stepping down or getting fired after year 4 and we’re stuck with Wentz and his contract. 

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think this is important. 

Remarkably, though, we’re actually running more plays per game than last year somehow. That’s very surprising to me, and it may actually hurt us in this context.

Last year, it looks like we had 1127 offensive snaps in 17 games, which comes out to 66.3 snaps per game. This year, so far, we’re at 422 offensive snaps through 6 games, which comes out to 70.3 snaps per game.

I find this hard to believe, but it seems that the first 4 weeks we were running a ton of plays. In each of those 4 games, we had 74+ snaps. The last two weeks? Down to 63 and 57 snaps, respectively. Not exactly sure what factor(s) are driving that huge decrease in plays run, but if it continues, it suggests that Wentz will likely have to miss 6 full weeks in order to miss 30% of our snaps. It seems unlikely that 5 games (29.4% of the game) will be enough, unless we run an inordinate amount of plays those 5 games, enough to more than balance out the very high number of plays we ran in the first 4 weeks. 

Wow, that hard to believe, but nice work on the math.  We were pretty darn bad on 3rd downs last year too, but we have to be worse this year. 

Maybe, this is because our defense was absolutely horrible last year, so the offense never got the ball back?

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I really don’t understand not putting him on IR? We’re essentially out of the race at this point. We’ve already lost two division games and we’re facing a tough stretch. Honestly, if Rivera rushes to put Wentz back out there and costs the team a second round pick it would be pure insanity especially if he thinks he’s going to be the head coach next year. 

I mean like you said dude , they want to be proven right .

Edited by IHatesnyder