Carson Wentz has a fractured finger

turtle28

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’d bet he may have taken his last snaps in a commanders uniform 

I really wanted it to work out with Carson, but I always viewed his trade like the one we made for Alex Smith. I really wanted us to draft a young QB in round 1 like Pickett & develop him behind Heinicke for a year but, they didn’t do that so I was hoping for the best but it didn’t seem to be working with Wentz in this O the first 6 games. 

Wentz was missing easy things that would keep the the chains moving or, he didn’t throw the ball away when under duress/find his outlet fast enough & took unnecessary sacks every game. He became like Ramsey & JCam after the injuries in 2017 & 18 and all the sacks he took in the 2020 season. He was focusing too much on the rush & not seeing open receivers 5-10 yards infront of him he could throw to and take layups or at least get it out and not take a sack.

I fear he’s broken in that regard & is just going to be a career back up from now on. Just too many hits & tearing his ACL/breaking his vertebrae changed his mindset. 

I don’t know If he’s taken his last snaps as our QB bc Rivera the GM won’t admit he made a mistake but, if it was me he would’ve taken his last snap as our QB. I guess we’ll see in a month or 6 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I really wanted it to work out with Carson, but I always viewed his trade like the one we made for Alex Smith. I really wanted us to draft a young QB in round 1 like Pickett & develop him behind Heinicke for a year but, they didn’t do that so I was hoping for the best but it didn’t seem to be working with Wentz in this O the first 6 games. 

Wentz was missing easy things that would keep the the chains moving or, he didn’t throw the ball away when under duress/find his outlet fast enough & took unnecessary sacks every game. He became like Ramsey & JCam after the injuries in 2017 & 18 and all the sacks he took in the 2020 season. He was focusing too much on the rush & not seeing open receivers 5-10 yards infront of him he could throw to and take layups or at least get it out and not take a sack.

I fear he’s broken in that regard & is just going to be a career back up from now on. Just too many hits & tearing his ACL/breaking his vertebrae changed his mindset. 

I don’t know If he’s taken his last snaps as our QB bc Rivera the GM won’t admit he made a mistake but, if it was me he would’ve taken his last snap as our QB. I guess we’ll see in a month or 6 weeks.

Carson going to restructure his contract and come back on a one year deal and have a camp battle with howell. That is what’s going to happen if Rivera is back. With us already losing a second or third and no free agents will likely come, we won’t go qb this year . 

Most likely will move cosmi to guard and trade back that first round pick like last season and get a corner or LT. 
howell/wentz will be the QBs next year especially if Ron is here and fires turner .