Heinicke to be the Starter Moving Forward

turtle28

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You can't trade that salary . I'd be shocked .

Well they’re going to have to eat a giant chunk of the salary to move him but there’s no way he’s still playing for this team following the deadline. My guess is if they can’t trade him they’ll just cut him and swallow the cap hit. They’re pretty dumb. 

Taylor Heinicke has 125,000 reasons to celebrate every time the Commanders win.

Heinicke’s contract gives him a $125,000 bonus every time he plays at least 60 percent of the team’s offensive snaps and they win the game. That happened for the first time last week, when Heinicke started in place of the injured Carson Wentz, and he earned his first bonus of the season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What a stupid trade this turned out to be and most of us knew the moment it was made. Just go into next season with Heinicke and Howell. 

Yeah man, I really don’t remember anyone in this forum that was all about this trade when it was made. Many of us hoped it would work out for the best but sadly what’s played out was pretty easy to predict.

I hear what you’re saying about Heinicke & Howell being the 2 QBs on the roster next year but I just can’t see Rivera just going with those two. I think we’ll either:

1. Draft a QB (what I’d do) to compete with Heinicke & Howell or;

2. Rivera will restructure Wentz’s contract/ask him to take a pay cut to stay & Wentz will do it or;

3. Don’t kill me - it’s not what I’d do - but I can see Rivera & Mayhew signing Jimmy G as he’ll be a free agent in March.

Again, I’m not advocating for us to sign Jimmy G, but don’t be surprised if Rivera & Mayhew do it. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah man, I really don’t remember anyone in this forum that was all about this trade when it was made. Many of us hoped it would work out for the best but sadly what’s played out was pretty easy to predict.

I hear what you’re saying about Heinicke & Howell being the 2 QBs on the roster next year but I just can’t see Rivera just going with those two. I think we’ll either:

1. Draft a QB (what I’d do) to compete with Heinicke & Howell or;

2. Rivera will restructure Wentz’s contract/ask him to take a pay cut to stay & Wentz will do it or;

3. Don’t kill me - it’s not what I’d do - but I can see Rivera & Mayhew signing Jimmy G as he’ll be a free agent in March.

Again, I’m not advocating for us to sign Jimmy G, but don’t be surprised if Rivera & Mayhew do it. 

Jimmy G could happen. I'd rather have D Carr and I read he could be released after the season.. It'll be a lot of scenerios out there next year again- Draft or vet . we'll see. ! always fun . 

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Jimmy G could happen. I'd rather have D Carr and I read he could be released after the season.. It'll be a lot of scenerios out there next year again- Draft or vet . we'll see. ! always fun . 

I’ve always been fascinated by Washington fans’ fascination with Derek Carr. Half of the fanbase, maybe more, including yourself couldn’t run Kirk Cousins out of town fast enough in 2017 & 2018 & Derek Carr hasn’t even been as successful as Cousins.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Make it make sense. 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What a stupid trade this turned out to be and most of us knew the moment it was made. Just go into next season with Heinicke and Howell. 

I am not opposed to drafting a QB that they are comfortable with handing the keys to as well. I would rather avoid the O-Line early in the draft as I think you can get talent in the middle of the draft.

I really do want Howell to get his shot though.

• Like 1