Heinicke to be the Starter Moving Forward

turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve always been fascinated by Washington fans’ fascination with Derek Carr. Half of the fanbase, maybe more, including yourself couldn’t run Kirk Cousins out of town fast enough in 2017 & 2018 & Derek Carr hasn’t even been as successful as Cousins.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Make it make sense. 😂 

AND right on cue, Cousins fumbles against the Cowboys ! What a loser ! 😛

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

AND right on cue, Cousins fumbles against the Cowboys ! What a loser ! 😛

No one’s perfect. You’d think you’d learn that after decades of watching even the most elite QBs in NFL history have bad games w/ ints & making other mistakes. 

The Vikings do have a big issue though, their OL other than Darisaw isn’t good. They were lucky to beat us & Cousins was lucky to not get hurt by our DL during the game, our DL particularly Allen & Payne crushed him.

The Vikings OL was dominated today by the Cowboys front 7 which meant the Vikings offense couldn’t function which scares me bc we’re likely going to need to win the week 18 game vs the Cowboys to make the playoffs & I don’t see things going well again for our OL vs their front 7.

Edited by turtle28

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

For now, maybe a little bit of credit owed to Rivera and co? Admitting mistakes and willing to move forward with what is winning.

Well, let's see. They fell into it cause Wentz broke his finger. They are pretty much forced to live with it because we're winning with Heiny. Can you imagine the blowback if he said Carson is ready to go- we'll start him next week. I beat you could hear the air escaping the balloon in the room ! I don't think I'm buying a ticket of that train yet . Just seems to be the Footballs Gods toying with us . 

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

He Gone .

I argued this all offseason.  In fact, I still don't hate the trade.  The only returning QB they had was Heinicke and he is so limited physically that your chance of winning a playoff game is pretty slim. So they take a stab on a former #2 overall pick with a big arm that has shown in the past he can make some plays. For this we gave up essentially two 3rd round picks, which is peanuts for a QB.  Also Wentz's contract was basically all nonguaranteed money when we acquired him making him easily cutable if he didn't work. I think it was worth a shot to see if it worked out.  It didn't but it doesn't hurt us long term at all. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I argued this all offseason.  In fact, I still don't hate the trade.  The only returning QB they had was Heinicke and he is so limited physically that your chance of winning a playoff game is pretty slim. So they take a stab on a former #2 overall pick with a big arm that has shown in the past he can make some plays. For this we gave up essentially two 3rd round picks, which is peanuts for a QB.  Also Wentz's contract was basically all nonguaranteed money when we acquired him making him easily cutable if he didn't work. I think it was worth a shot to see if it worked out.  It didn't but it doesn't hurt us long term at all. 

I still think it was worth the shot too. 

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I still think it was worth the shot too. 

I don't think we've seen the last of him . Just a feeling .  Something, fate? may toss him right back behind the center. 

I mean , Heiny was limping AND seemed to have a neck issue during the Houston game.

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Well, let's see. They fell into it cause Wentz broke his finger. They are pretty much forced to live with it because we're winning with Heiny. Can you imagine the blowback if he said Carson is ready to go- we'll start him next week. I beat you could hear the air escaping the balloon in the room ! I don't think I'm buying a ticket of that train yet . Just seems to be the Footballs Gods toying with us . 

The football gods seem to be with Heinicke, that’s how I’d frame that one.

I sure wish Heinicke hadn’t gotten Covid & half of our roster last year - or maybe I not bc we got a higher draft pick as a result of those 2 losses - but I think we could’ve had a chance to get the Eagles. We damn sure should’ve beaten them week 17 at home. That int Heinicke had while we were driving in the 4th quarter which could’ve given us the lead was a blower.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I hear you, but I was still in the camp of drafting a QB like Pickett in round 1 which, we did get Howell in round 5 who is similar to Pickett IMO, so maybe we lucked out there.

I was also in the camp of signing a vet FA to have them compete w/ Heinicke whether that was Trubisky, Bridgewater, Mariota, Jacoby Brisset, Andy Dalton or Jameis Winston. And lastly, if we weren’t doing that, we could’ve re-signed Kyle Allen to compete w/ Heinicke again to be our starting QB. They’re similar in a lot of ways, Kyle Allen is just bigger w/ a stronger arm but Heinicke has shown to be more consistent.

I never wanted us to trade for Wentz. If we weren’t able to trade for Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson (thank god he didn’t choose us) then I wanted to add a vet to compete w/ Heinicke & a rookie or re-sign Kyle Allen to have him compete with them.

This while quick fix Bs at the QB position that Rivera is on needs to end. We need to draft a QB in round 1 if there’s one worth taking to compete w/ Heinicke & Howell next year.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Having $28M of your cap space tied up in a QB you realized 10 games into the season isn’t very good is pretty bad. Giving up third round picks for a team that for some reason drafts good players in the third round is also a bad thing. Those third round picks could’ve been another BSJ or Antonio Gibson. So yeah, I hated the trade at the time and still hate it now. Especially when you factor in the QB playing now was here all along. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Having $28M of your cap space tied up in a QB you realized 10 games into the season isn’t very good is pretty bad. Giving up third round picks for a team that for some reason drafts good players in the third round is also a bad thing. Those third round picks could’ve been another BSJ or Antonio Gibson. So yeah, I hated the trade at the time and still hate it now. Especially when you factor in the QB playing now was here all along. 

Yes but I don't think Heinicke has a high enough ceiling to do anything in the playoffs either.  Also you're using the benefit of hindsight, the shot their shot and it didn't work.  But they did it in a way that there isn't any long term consequences which was smart.  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes but I don't think Heinicke has a high enough ceiling to do anything in the playoffs either.  Also you're using the benefit of hindsight, the shot their shot and it didn't work.  But they did it in a way that there isn't any long term consequences which was smart.  

Is it really hindsight if I said it was a bad trade from the beginning? That this is what I expected? I clearly wanted an upgrade at QB but I just didn’t think Wentz was that guy. They did pick the QB I wanted so there’s that but they’ll be back in the QB hunt this off-season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Is it really hindsight if I said it was a bad trade from the beginning? That this is what I expected? I clearly wanted an upgrade at QB but I just didn’t think Wentz was that guy. They did pick the QB I wanted so there’s that but they’ll be back in the QB hunt this off-season. 

Ya but you crap on everything they do.