Heinicke to be the Starter Moving Forward

turtle28

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes but I don't think Heinicke has a high enough ceiling to do anything in the playoffs either.  Also you're using the benefit of hindsight, the shot their shot and it didn't work.  But they did it in a way that there isn't any long term consequences which was smart.  

That’s an entirely different point. The point is that we shouldn’t have traded for Wentz, instead, we should’ve signed one of the free agents like Bridgewater for ex to compete w/ Heinicke or just retained Kyle Allen to compete w/ Heinicke & a rookie like the Steelers, Falcons, Panthers (we’ll they traded for Baker, but just a 5th later on) or Saints did.

• Like 1

Like, he has to ride the hot hand, but Heinicke is not good. He's gotten extremely lucky. Heinicke doesnt make the defense better. He doesnt make the offensive line better.

Wentz is better and should be the starter. Heinicke is a poor man's version of Mark Brunell.

Edited by Slateman

6 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Like, he has to ride the hot hand, but Heinicke is not good. He's gotten extremely lucky. Heinicke doesnt make the defense better. He doesnt make the offensive line better.

Wentz is better and should be the starter. Heinicke is a poor man's version of Mark Brunell.

I don't agree with this.  Heinicke leads long extended drives by converting 3rd downs.  Wentz tends to go 3 and out and put our defense right back out on the field. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Slateman said:

Wentz is better and should be the starter.

Actually, I disagree. I think Heinicke makes the offense & defense better just by avoiding sacks. Wentz has awful pocket presence, and much like Jason Campbell & Patrick Ramsey, Wentz has been beat up so much in his career the  & had a torn ACL & broken vertebrae in his back in back to back seasons so that he’s not comfortable in the pocket.

He’s gun shy, he sees ghosts & sees the pass rush coming at him & takes his eyes off downfield where there are open WRs.

Wentz takes unnecessary sacks that Heinicke rarely does. That means we aren’t in 2nd or 3rd and long as much. So, the offense has a better chance of converting first downs & sustaining drives. When we do that, we win the time of possession & the defense gets to rest more often so, that makes the defense better.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Actually, I disagree. I think Heinicke makes the offense & defense better just by avoiding sacks. Wentz has awful QB presence, and much like Jason Campbell he’s been beat up so much the last few years & had a torn ACL & broken vertebrae in his back in back to back seasons so that he’s not comfortable in the pocket. He’s fun shy, he sees ghosts & sees the pass rush coming at him & takes his eyes off downfield where there are open WRs.

Wentz takes unnecessary sacks that Heinicke rarely does. That means we aren’t in 2nd or 3rd and long as much. So, the offense has a better chance of converting first downs & sustaining drives. When we do that, we win the time of possession & the defense gets to rest more often so, that makes the defense better.

I'm sorry, but what? Wentz has twice as many TDs and an 87 rating on 3rd down (compared to Heinicke's 56).

Even with the sacks he's a better QB. Give him a game plan that hands the ball off 25+ times and he will take fewer sacks. 

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

I'm sorry, but what? Wentz has twice as many TDs and an 87 rating on 3rd down (compared to Heinicke's 56).

Even with the sacks he's a better QB. Give him a game plan that hands the ball off 25+ times and he will take fewer sacks. 

We can’t even get into a rhythm in the running game w/Wentz in there bc of the bad sacks he takes sacks man. Often in 2nd/3rd & long. 

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Jets QB Zach Wilson says defense cost them the game against the Partriots. His offense put up,,,,,3 points ...!!!! How'd like to have this Dude for your QB / Leader .. Dayam .

Dude, that’s not what he said at all. 😂 

Wilson was asked by a reporter if he feels like he let the defense down after the loss. Wilson said no, and walked off the podium.

17 hours ago, Slateman said:

I am sorry but that is a poor take. Turtle already touched on this but Wentz takes too many sacks, which in turn makes the offensive line look worse and puts the defense in bad situations. Philly fans were all over Wentz about this, it's an undisputed fact.

No arguing that Wentz has a stronger arm than Heinicke, but that strong arm means nothing when you won't throw the ball and you can not hit the lay ups. The former is what really surprised me from Wentz this season and I think put the nail in the coffin for him. He was missing so many of the easy throws or not even attempting them. Making the big throws means literally nothing when you can't hit the easy ones that extend drives. 

With Heinicke we probably beat Dallas earlier this season and for sure beat the Titans. 

I was hoping Wentz would prove me wrong and he had me fooled against the Jaguars in week 1. But he failed to do so. Heinicke gives this team the best chance to win. 

Jon Allen sums it up. Heinicke is a football player ! That's a quote . I try to think of other Q Bs modern or old that reminds me of his style. I really can't come up with anyone. Some have said Billy Kilmer. Maybe that's as good as any. 

AND you know something-this thing he's got going with the Air J's is BIG. BIGGER than most realize. It's Gorilla Glue for team bonding. He's even got R R into it . He's done the OLine and now the TEs . I expect him to do the RBs next , then it'll spread to the D side . It's a little thing , But it's a BIG thing !