Bucs VS Steelers

BucsDraftGeek47

17 hours ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

Bowles definitely needs to go. Turned a Superbowl contending team into a bottom 10 team. Absolutely pathetic.

I will say this: BA was too lax as well. Last year I followed the bucs media and IG and all that crap. Most of the starters took the offseason off until TC. This entire coaching staff was way too lax on these players. Shows again. 

I think Licht's hand was forced to promote Bowels with a late retirement. I'm not going to overreact here bc Byron is the main issue. So is a disgruntled Brady. 

Bowels did take a team less talented in NY and coached them to 9-7 with Fitzpatrick at QB. I wouldn't fire him just yet but I think a change at OC is needed today. the steelers are one of the worst teams in the league defensively and possess a ton of injuries in the secondary and upfront. And with all that talent on offense - we score 18 points? lol . Brady throwing balls at open receivers feet is also inexcusable 

I can completely understand the frustration with the offense.  We see what this offense is capable of and have to watch games like that Steelers game.  While I am also beyond frustrated with the defenses inability to get off the field on 3rd and long I don't think that all this is solely on Bowles.  However, and maybe this is because I've been through the lows of lows with this team over the last 25 years but we are looking at a defense that is:

5th in Opp points per game

7th in Opp yards per game

3rd in Opp yards per play

8th in Opp TDs per game

7th in Opp yards per rush

5th in Opp yards per pass 

3rd in Sacks

7th in INTS

I think the defense is carrying some extra blame because of the offenses inability to score points. We are scoring 10 points less per game this season but holding teams to even less than we have for the last 2 season.  While I feel a lot of the blame comes down to Leftwich and Brady, as they should share the blame for bad playcalls. I wonder if we are in the same shape if Jensen wasn't hurt.  This isn't the only thing wrong but I think it comes down to Brady feeling comfortable with the line and having the time to take those shots, it feels like Brady is under pressure on way more snaps and constantly having to take the short routes and safe options too often.  We run a lot of routes that take time to develop and just doesn't have time for them.  Leftwich and Brady should adjust but from the looks so far into the season, we haven't.

6 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I can completely understand the frustration with the offense.  We see what this offense is capable of and have to watch games like that Steelers game.  While I am also beyond frustrated with the defenses inability to get off the field on 3rd and long I don't think that all this is solely on Bowles.  However, and maybe this is because I've been through the lows of lows with this team over the last 25 years but we are looking at a defense that is:

5th in Opp points per game

7th in Opp yards per game

3rd in Opp yards per play

8th in Opp TDs per game

7th in Opp yards per rush

5th in Opp yards per pass 

3rd in Sacks

7th in INTS

I think the defense is carrying some extra blame because of the offenses inability to score points. We are scoring 10 points less per game this season but holding teams to even less than we have for the last 2 season.  While I feel a lot of the blame comes down to Leftwich and Brady, as they should share the blame for bad playcalls. I wonder if we are in the same shape if Jensen wasn't hurt.  This isn't the only thing wrong but I think it comes down to Brady feeling comfortable with the line and having the time to take those shots, it feels like Brady is under pressure on way more snaps and constantly having to take the short routes and safe options too often.  We run a lot of routes that take time to develop and just doesn't have time for them.  Leftwich and Brady should adjust but from the looks so far into the season, we haven't.

100% agree with this. We're being too hard on the defense while they're one of the best. White is the most frustrating player to watch bc he continues to make rookie mistakes in year 4. 

The amount of weapons on our offense simply is no excuse to see the amount of struggles we're currently facing. I think the QB and OC need to be accountable for that. Goedeke is struggling, but honestly so is Shaq Mason. He looks horrible to be honest with you for the amount of money he makes and touted as a top 10 Guard. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

100% agree with this. We're being too hard on the defense while they're one of the best. White is the most frustrating player to watch bc he continues to make rookie mistakes in year 4. 

The amount of weapons on our offense simply is no excuse to see the amount of struggles we're currently facing. I think the QB and OC need to be accountable for that. Goedeke is struggling, but honestly so is Shaq Mason. He looks horrible to be honest with you for the amount of money he makes and touted as a top 10 Guard. 

Yeah Shaq was supposed to be an elite guard and he’s been average 

19 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah Shaq was supposed to be an elite guard and he’s been average 

Agree with this, however, with such a drop off at the center and other guard position how can Shaq be successful?  Most run plays, Shaq is pulling or should be getting to the second level.  Unfortunately he isn't making it there because of Hainsey, it might be because of Wirfs but I feel like that the problem is more at the C position.  This isn't removing any blame on Shaq as he could play better, but Cappa just made a bunch of money playing between Jensen and Wirfs and I don't think Cappa is near the player Shaq is.  Honestly I think we should be looking at the choice to sign Julio instead of Tretter as one of the biggest mistakes this season.

1 hour ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Agree with this, however, with such a drop off at the center and other guard position how can Shaq be successful?  Most run plays, Shaq is pulling or should be getting to the second level.  Unfortunately he isn't making it there because of Hainsey, it might be because of Wirfs but I feel like that the problem is more at the C position.  This isn't removing any blame on Shaq as he could play better, but Cappa just made a bunch of money playing between Jensen and Wirfs and I don't think Cappa is near the player Shaq is.  Honestly I think we should be looking at the choice to sign Julio instead of Tretter as one of the biggest mistakes this season.

Lenny having bad vision also doesn't help in the run blocking. He'd miss a 4 foot hole inside and bounce it off tackle. 

• Like 2

This offense needs to transition to a west coast style offense. Hurry up and get the ball out quick.  That's all that this OL can be trusted with at the moment. 

Maybe some shot plays once in a while, but this offense should in no form be a vertical passing attack with the state of our OLine.

Lennys vision is bad but it's hard to do anything when the guards get ZERO push and Lefty constantly calls runs up the A gap for some unknown reason. I mean Jesus, at least call runs towards the tackles where we have our better blockers damn.

The problem is we can't count on Leftwich to scheme up anything. Whereas he SHOULD BE at the point where he knows this offense, and he can focus on individual defenses we face on a weekly bases, such as finding their weaknesses AKA scheming up plays against defenses, the dude has proven that he can barely make decent play calls. And the the whole offense is suffering because of it.

Brady can't do everything. Maybe he could if he wasn't dealing with off the field wife drama but that isn't the case. He really needs to step up and challenge these coaches rather than just let **** keep heading in this direction. These guys don't deserve any trust that they can turn it around. Bowles has had his great moments but even then they've been littered with many of us questioning exactly WTF he's doing for multiple game stretches under BA. And Leftwich, smh don't get me started again. Brady needs to say **** the system and put us on his back like the GOAT he is. But even then , the guy is 45, he needs SOME help.

10 hours ago, indifference said:

Bowles and Leftwich will be gone in 3 years. Bowles a great Xs and Os but being too hands off with the offense will be his demise.

Correction: Bowles will be given an opportunity to correct the OC position. 

I agree with Bowles hands off approach. But that also means he needs to give Byron some serious constructive criticism. (3 weeks ago). He should've been fired this last week after Pittsburgh. that is just downright disgusting. 

Don't look now - but it wouldn't surprise me to see Atlanta win this division if we keep this up. 

12 hours ago, indifference said:

Bowles and Leftwich will be gone in 3 years.

3 YEARS?! 🤢🤢🤢

Let's just face the music already, Bowles is an above average DC but he just isn't a good HC. You have to read and react. Our offense has had the choke on , all season.  As a HC you hv to realize that and go handle it. Bowles is so hands off I'll be surprised if anything gets changed by mid-season.

I'm not quiting on Bowles yet, but Jesus, he's gotta get this under control. If you can't win with a roster this loaded, you just aren't cut out to be an NFL coach.  Plain and simple.

On 10/17/2022 at 4:00 PM, YoungBucs15 said:

Shaq was never a great pass protector he was always a beast in run blocking and average to above in pass pro