The 2023-2024 Sam Howell thread

aceinthehouse

You watch!

With nothing to play for, eliminated from playoff contention & needing to lose for the higher draft pick.

Howell will go 25-35, 338 passing yards, 36 rushing yards, 5 TD's- 0 int's in a 38-35 victory.

Dropping us to #18 in the draft, leaving us with more questions than answers going into the off season.

Why? Because that's the Washington way.

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Anyone else considering not watching this Sundays game?

I want to see Howell play, but what do I really gain from it. We will most likely get blown out. The staff is infuriating as hell to watch. The biggest thing is, I hate watching Dallas do anything good. I hate seeing their players celebrate. I hate seeing their fans in the stands. I hate Jerry Jones ugly mug. I know too many Dallas fans as well. Back in the early 2000s, I was dumb enough to accept bets with them. I don't even bother anymore. Getting swept by the Cowboys has almost become a yearly tradition. Ugh.

Much like MKnight said, I hate Dallas and always want to beat them, but a win is very unlikely (and could have some serious negative longterm effects) and I am pretty burnt on this season.

I'll probably have the tv on but I might be doing some stuff around the house while I'm listening to it. 

On 1/6/2023 at 12:24 PM, aceinthehouse said:

You watch!

With nothing to play for, eliminated from playoff contention & needing to lose for the higher draft pick.

Howell will go 25-35, 338 passing yards, 36 rushing yards, 5 TD's- 0 int's in a 38-35 victory.

Dropping us to #18 in the draft, leaving us with more questions than answers going into the off season.

Why? Because that's the Washington way.

I don’t see us beating the Cowboys given how many players were sitting. I hope that Howell shows some flashes.

On 1/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Anyone else considering not watching this Sundays game?

I want to see Howell play, but what do I really gain from it. We will most likely get blown out. The staff is infuriating as hell to watch. The biggest thing is, I hate watching Dallas do anything good. I hate seeing their players celebrate. I hate seeing their fans in the stands. I hate Jerry Jones ugly mug. I know too many Dallas fans as well. Back in the early 2000s, I was dumb enough to accept bets with them. I don't even bother anymore. Getting swept by the Cowboys has almost become a yearly tradition. Ugh.

Much like MKnight said, I hate Dallas and always want to beat them, but a win is very unlikely (and could have some serious negative longterm effects) and I am pretty burnt on this season.

I have been waiting all year for this so I’m definitely watching. I just hope Sam doesn’t look horrible. I’ll be pretty bummed if he throws a bunch of picks and passes for like 85 yards lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I have been waiting all year for this so I’m definitely watching. I just hope Sam doesn’t look horrible. I’ll be pretty bummed if he throws a bunch of picks and passes for like 85 yards lol

He has some things stacked against him like losing 2 starting RBs. Sieve for an o-line and 3rd Micah parsons. Definitely has his work cut out for him. I’m rooting he does well. 👍

On 1/6/2023 at 12:24 PM, aceinthehouse said:

You watch!

Dang! So close to nailing it Ace! Howell had 35 rushing yards. 

On 1/8/2023 at 7:30 PM, turtle28 said:

Well Slinging Sammy sure proved he belonged & he should be in competition for the starting QB job next year with Heinicke or whoever else we bring in. He definitely flashed a lot.

I just can’t wait till fans realize the Carolina connection and Ron and get mad at Sam for it 🤣🤣🤣

Sammy was 11-19 169 BUT two drops. McLaurin dropped a perfect throw . Would have been 10-20 yards and J Dotson dropped a very catchable deep ball for maybe 35 yards . He could have been 13-19 for 220 or so. Very good numbers indeed . Now we'll bring in some vet retread again and stunt his growth -if we stick to form .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Sammy was 11-19 169 BUT two drops. McLaurin dropped a perfect throw . Would have been 10-20 yards and J Dotson dropped a very catchable deep ball for maybe 35 yards . He could have been 13-19 for 220 or so. Very good numbers indeed . Now we'll bring in some vet retread again and stunt his growth -if we stick to form .

Yep.

This dude would have been 13-19 for 220+ yards, if it wasn't for the Terry & Jahan drops.

I feel the perception of Sam Howell would be much different around here, had he been a 1st or 2nd Rd draft pick instead of a 5th.

Which btw, he was considered 1st Rd prospect the year before we drafted him.

He beat our most hated rival convincingly & really only had 1 bad play the whole game. The 1 int, in the red zone.

Now, like you said.

We're either going to sign some vet retread, who will be the starter, when this kid could be our franchise QB.

Thus, he'll never get a true shot.

Then, eventually?

He'll get traded or released & some team who knows what the potential this kid has will insert him into the lineup....

And we'll have egg on our face again.

Why can't we build with our own players?

The solution is so simple.

Plan, the starting of Sam Howell & build around him.

Sign a vet in FA who will know the Offensive system we're putting in place. ( To be mentor)

Draft another QB in the mid, to later rounds.

Spend your cap money on Payne & other players to make team awesome!

It's so simple....

• Like 1

I think Howell looks like he can play, but I am hesitant to get too excited at this point.  The usual cycle has to happen.  Defenses need some tape before they start caring.  He also threw a red zone interception.  If it was Heinicke or Wentz did that we would all be losing our mind about that.  

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As the Washington Commanders look for a new offensive coordinator, they are operating with the assumption Sam Howell will be their starting quarterback in 2023.

Per CBS Sports' Jonathan Jones, the Commanders are telling potential offensive-coordinator candidates they will likely roll with Howell as their No. 1 signal-caller.

My guess is Snyder has basically said the bank is closed. 

• Thaiphoon changed the title to The 2023-2024 Sam Howell thread