The 2023-2024 Sam Howell thread

aceinthehouse

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I keep reminding you why we shouldn't, you agree, and then you bring him up again 🤣

Mariota or someone with that skill set, would be the ideal vet to bring in. I doubt Atlanta let's him go & his price tag is probably a little to high as well.

But I'm sure there will be cheaper options out there.

We're going to be running an RPO type system with Sam's ability to run & our running game. We're also going to be throwing deep with the skill set of WR's we have & Sam's arm.

We will be looking for a vet QB who can run & has a big arm.

That's my theory anyways...

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Mariota or someone with that skill set, would be the ideal vet to bring in. I doubt Atlanta let's him go & his price tag is probably a little to high as well.

But I'm sure there will be cheaper options out there.

We're going to be running an RPO type system with Sam's ability to run & our running game. We're also going to be throwing deep with the skill set of WR's we have & Sam's arm.

We will be looking for a vet QB who can run & has a big arm.

That's my theory anyways...

I think TH would be fine in EB's system. 

• Like 4

Its still hard to believe where we landed Sam Howell. The 5th round.

This was a dude whom after his Junior year at North Carolina was projected to be not only a 1st Rd projection, but the top QB in the draft.

Then we drafted Dyami Brown who left a year before Sam did. Plus, I believe North Carolina lost some other significant players as well.

Howell goes on in his Senior yr and doesn't have the great year he had his prior Junior year & completely falls off the map.

I really think this dude is special!

I think he has the intangibles, to really shock a lot of people.

If we're really going to roll with Sam, I hope we find a way to put together a really strong roster for him.

Get this guy an O-line for heaven's sake.

• Like 2

So I was just curious what Sam Howell's wonderlic score was coming out of the draft.

Did you know he had the 2nd highest in the draft? I thought that was interesting.

Wonderlic score: 34

Where he played: North Carolina

Howell never had trouble covering the field, passing for over 3,000 yards in each of his three seasons with the Tar Heels. He never completed under 61 percent of his passes and never had a double-digit interception season as a collegian. Last season, Howell passed for almost 63 percent with over 3,000 yards, 24 touchdowns, and nine interceptions for an offense that placed No. 10 overall in college football.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

So I was just curious what Sam Howell's wonderlic score was coming out of the draft.

Did you know he had the 2nd highest in the draft? I thought that was interesting.

Wonderlic score: 34

Where he played: North Carolina

Howell never had trouble covering the field, passing for over 3,000 yards in each of his three seasons with the Tar Heels. He never completed under 61 percent of his passes and never had a double-digit interception season as a collegian. Last season, Howell passed for almost 63 percent with over 3,000 yards, 24 touchdowns, and nine interceptions for an offense that placed No. 10 overall in college football.

I really think we got a steal in Howell, but he does have to prove it, no one should be crowned the starter, whether it’s Heinicke returning, or us signing a vet like Mayfield, Dalton, Darnold, Brisett, Bridgewater, Minshew, Keenum, Tyrod or someone who’s played years in Andy Reid’s offense who can help develop Howell like Chase Daniel, there needs to be an open competition.

Should Howell win the job, I do think he can be better than Heinicke bc he has a better arm & can stretch the field better.

If Howel starts all 17 games it wouldn’t shock me if his stats were:

63%, 3900 yds, 25 TDs & 13 ints.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You gotta love this as a Washington fan. Mike Martz is disecting what a great prospect Howell is and why our coaches/Mayhew are excited about what he could do this year.

Nah, I'll pulling for DeMorat ! 🤣

On 5/20/2023 at 1:00 PM, turtle28 said:

You gotta love this as a Washington fan. Mike Martz is disecting what a great prospect Howell is and why our coaches/Mayhew are excited about what he could do this year.

Yup. I said before that I'm all-in on Howell, at present.

• Like 3